Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 187526 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 5 Dreams of Smoke and Fire
« Reply #1020 on: July 17, 2014, 01:51:30 pm »

I don't think they were on the same team. It looked like the Nercomancer would supersede the Dark Magus if they died early on, because of bad luck or poor play. The sage info is probably part of the Dark Magus' abilities.

Are you against being lynched? Why, specifically?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 17, 2014, 02:03:45 pm »

Why do you think Flabort asked for a Mass-Claim at the beginning of Day 2?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 17, 2014, 02:09:49 pm »

Toony: while I appreciate your theory and have given it some thought, I'm not sure Flabort could have come up with such an extensive fakeclaim with information about his own role or, indeed, tell us some of the pieces of information.  Had IO not given us the information that the Dark Magus had a broad array of powers, I would have likely been lynched as a liar due to the roleblock on me.  It seems counterproductive to give us useful information like this.

One of IO or Persus is scum, that's what I'm taking away from this whole scenario.  I'm going to say Persus, because there is a thought brewing at the back of my mind about the scumteam.  It is quite possible we are at LYLO today, and Persus is a part of all of my 2-and-three scum scumteams.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 17, 2014, 02:12:09 pm »

I don't think they were on the same team. It looked like the Nercomancer would supersede the Dark Magus if they died early on, because of bad luck or poor play. The sage info is probably part of the Dark Magus' abilities.
Right, so they weren't on the same team, the SK was just told to protect the Dark Magus because they'd gain new powers and take over for the scumteam if the old one died. Much more plausible.

Fair enough on the sage info, except then I'd mostly have been getting info about myself.

Are you against being lynched? Why, specifically?
Because it's a waste of time and a possible risk. I don't think we're at LYLO, but that's no excuse to lynch the less likely candidate on (part of) the word of an incompetent SK.

Why do you think Flabort asked for a Mass-Claim at the beginning of Day 2?
That was odd.

From the post, I'd guess he was calling for it for the same reason anyone calls for a massclaim- an attempt to catch out scum. Why he did it D2 I can't say; maybe he was desperate to figure out what that ominous dark power spike the night before was? Or just cult-paranoid in general.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 17, 2014, 02:17:32 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
IronyOwl: ToonyMan
Persus13: 4maskwolf, IronyOwl, zombie urist

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Today (About 4 hours from now)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 17, 2014, 02:49:23 pm »

I don't think it's LYLO either, so I guess it's okay...

We must have two scum for there to be a blocker and a killer though.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 17, 2014, 03:15:46 pm »

Are we gonna extend to give Persus a chance to post? I'm kind of in favor of not, but I don't want to halfass the second-to-last lynch either.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 17, 2014, 03:35:35 pm »

Are we gonna extend to give Persus a chance to post? I'm kind of in favor of not, but I don't want to halfass the second-to-last lynch either.
I'd say not.  There seems to be a general sense, if not an actual agreement, that Persus13 is one of the scum.  If we had hammers, he'd be at L-1 right now, which means that a good portion of the players believe that he is scum.  He's posted already, I'm not sure what he could say to change my mind, since the roleclaims are against him right now.

The real problem I have is finding his scumbuddy.  I'm going to have to look things over, but I think I may have found the other scum.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 17, 2014, 03:41:00 pm »

I don't really want to extend another day. I doubt Persus can say anything that can change my mind, especially given his posts this game.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 17, 2014, 03:42:40 pm »

Oh, and just to make it solidly clear, oppose extension.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 17, 2014, 03:47:47 pm »

I think it's inevitable him being lynched at this stage, but I'm getting that persistent feeling that I'm making a huge mistake and scum are going to grab a sudden win from left field like in almost every other damn game.

My only hope is that because we took out both serial killers without either of them managing to make any unique kills themselves, that the game has been balanced anticipating much more town deaths by this point.

I've got such a bad feeling about all this but I don't have a solid counter theory and part of me says it's good that I feel bad about the lynch as that should be the default scum-hunting feeling. Suspicion is healthy. But that's no consolation when mislynches lose you the game.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 17, 2014, 03:49:13 pm »

I think it's inevitable him being lynched at this stage, but I'm getting that persistent feeling that I'm making a huge mistake and scum are going to grab a sudden win from left field like in almost every other damn game.

My only hope is that because we took out both serial killers without either of them managing to make any unique kills themselves, that the game has been balanced anticipating much more town deaths by this point.

I've got such a bad feeling about all this but I don't have a solid counter theory and part of me says it's good that I feel bad about the lynch as that should be the default scum-hunting feeling. Suspicion is healthy. But that's no consolation when mislynches lose you the game.
NQT: If your suspicion is true, who would you peg as the three-person scumteam?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 17, 2014, 04:01:19 pm »

The thing is, it's logically possible that any of you could be scum. If Flabort/Irony Owl were scum, it's even possible that there is no specific Magus but rather that the whole scum team have fire magic as their team kill. If we assume that there is only one scum, the Magus, here are the people that haven't had their abilities confirmed:

IronyOwl - His knowledge about ley-lines and necromancy strongly suggests he's telling the truth but he could have hidden knowledge
    Persus13 - Every fortune teller guess could be made with prior knowledge, Tiruin fakeclaimed Fortune Teller with some success in the last game

But if scum has a Godfather power, or a series of one-shots (like block and resurrect) that they can use as well as killing, or if there's a two or three member team of the buggers, then any of you could be scum. ZU could even be rezzed as scum.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 17, 2014, 04:03:16 pm »

If we're unsure, why aren't you extending?  I'm thinking it's Persus through process of elimination, but if there's some other wrinkle out there, it'd be good to know.

There's also the potential threat of ZU being a sleeper demon, but we certainly don't know that either way.

The thing is, it's logically possible that any of you could be scum. If Flabort/Irony Owl were scum, it's even possible that there is no specific Magus but rather that the whole scum team have fire magic as their team kill. If we assume that there is only one scum, the Magus, here are the people that haven't had their abilities confirmed:

This begs a question.

Meph:  If the Dark Magus comprises a standard scum team, do they have a standard (sharable) scum kill?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 17, 2014, 04:07:58 pm »

Meph:  If the Dark Magus comprises a standard scum team, do they have a standard (sharable) scum kill?

Kill based Scum teams all have a sharable kill, yes. Conversion based teams would not have this, of course.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 80