Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 80

Author Topic: Supernatural 7 - Game over - Town Win!  (Read 187524 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 7 - Day 5 Dreams of Smoke and Fire
« Reply #1035 on: July 17, 2014, 04:09:06 pm »

Extend. I'm really busy right now (although getting lynched would make it easier on me).
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 17, 2014, 04:24:45 pm »

I think it's inevitable him being lynched at this stage, but I'm getting that persistent feeling that I'm making a huge mistake and scum are going to grab a sudden win from left field like in almost every other damn game.
Uh yeah, I feel like that'll happen with lynching Persus13 after doing Hapah the day before.

Seriously, it's bugging me how in-sync 4maskwolf and IronyOwl are.

And also counter 4mask's oppose extension. A town player shouldn't speak those words. I want to see what Persus13 has to say.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 17, 2014, 04:27:28 pm »

I swear to God if it's a conventional cult that managed to nab a vigilante on the first night again...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 17, 2014, 04:38:04 pm »

I swear to God if it's a conventional cult that managed to nab a vigilante on the first night again...

Monster Hunters can't be converted any more. That caused too many unbalances in the game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 17, 2014, 04:58:41 pm »

Meph: The extension went through, there are two votes for (technically three and one oppose, if you count Toony's oppose oppose as an extension vote).

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 17, 2014, 05:01:39 pm »

Also, I may as well preemptively request replacement should the game be extended another time or I not die overnight/get lynched.  I'm out of wifi range all of next week.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 17, 2014, 05:02:44 pm »

Meph: can I send in a night action now and my replacement override it should I need a replacement before night ends?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 17, 2014, 05:03:00 pm »

Meph:  If the Dark Magus comprises a standard scum team, do they have a standard (sharable) scum kill?

Kill based Scum teams all have a sharable kill, yes. Conversion based teams would not have this, of course.
Meph: Would a lone Mentor-type role expected to recruit an apprentice count as kill-based or conversion-based?

Extend. I still think it's Persus and Toaster, but this has made me nervous enough to just give it another day. We can shorten once Persus' said his piece.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 17, 2014, 05:06:19 pm »

Meph:  If the Dark Magus comprises a standard scum team, do they have a standard (sharable) scum kill?

Kill based Scum teams all have a sharable kill, yes. Conversion based teams would not have this, of course.
Meph: Would a lone Mentor-type role expected to recruit an apprentice count as kill-based or conversion-based?

Extend. I still think it's Persus and Toaster, but this has made me nervous enough to just give it another day. We can shorten once Persus' said his piece.
Okay, this use of the role "mentor" is really bugging me.  There is a difference between a lone charismatic cultist style role with a nightkill and a mentor.  A mentor is specifically a role that can convert another player if they don't have a partner, gains a nightkill when and only when they have a partner, and the mentee dies if the mentor is killed.

Also, the whole "mentor" role was just something I threw out as something to chew on for day 4.  I don't actually think there is a true mentor role in the game.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 17, 2014, 05:11:59 pm »

Okay, this use of the role "mentor" is really bugging me.  There is a difference between a lone charismatic cultist style role with a nightkill and a mentor.  A mentor is specifically a role that can convert another player if they don't have a partner, gains a nightkill when and only when they have a partner, and the mentee dies if the mentor is killed.

Also, the whole "mentor" role was just something I threw out as something to chew on for day 4.  I don't actually think there is a true mentor role in the game.
I've been thinking of them as Sith, and thus a true Mentor or close enough. And also it's easier to call it a Mentor than a lone charismatic cultist style role with a nightkill.

That said, what do you think we have here and why?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 17, 2014, 05:14:12 pm »

So when Persus becomes free we want to hear the background details from their role PM and any additional details Meph wants to tell them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 17, 2014, 05:16:15 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
IronyOwl: ToonyMan
Persus13: 4maskwolf, IronyOwl, Toaster, zombie urist

Day has been Extended to ~4pm Pacific Friday. There will be no more extensions this day.

Meph: can I send in a night action now and my replacement override it should I need a replacement before night ends?

Yes, you can.

I don't suppose TheWetSheep is back?

If they gain a kill while as a team, or have a kill & a one-shot convert like the Charismatic Cultist, they would count as a kill-based scum team.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 17, 2014, 05:22:53 pm »

Okay, good. Still on track for Toaster killing Reverie while Persus RB'd 4mask. Even though my gut still doesn't like that RB claim.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 17, 2014, 05:44:28 pm »

Okay, good. Still on track for Toaster killing Reverie while Persus RB'd 4mask. Even though my gut still doesn't like that RB claim.
And we're going to lynch the role-blocker first?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 17, 2014, 05:46:06 pm »

And we're going to lynch the role-blocker first?
As opposed to the Thief, yes.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 80