Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499796 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #240 on: June 08, 2014, 09:45:07 pm »

KJ, you do realize that stunts like this ARE going to be punished, most likely quite heavily, right?
I think kj's complaining about Bartimaeus crashing the helicopter. If that hadn't happened, Kyle would have basically been doing something like arguing with a police officer for driving too fast at, say, 2:00 when there weren't many cars around; it's a bad idea, but you're not going to get thrown in jail or anything if you wise up. Since it did, it's more like hitting the police officer while driving too fast at 2:00. Both have consequences, but Bartimaeus made it worse.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 08, 2014, 09:47:39 pm »

And it's not like anyone should care more than, say for example, the angels blasted Maria's house.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 08, 2014, 10:01:38 pm »

Once again. New GM, new rules.

People care now.

Also, don't forget to post the info on IRIS and the details of how it acquired and maintained its resources, facilities and influence. The same goes for @Ragnarok.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 08, 2014, 10:07:04 pm »

And it's not like anyone should care more than, say for example, the angels blasted Maria's house.
What, do you want to arrest an angel? What are you going to do, send him a court summons? Few postal services deliver stuff to heaven.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 08, 2014, 10:08:39 pm »

You would want to arrest a person who's figured out how to make a castle fly?
Besides, aren't Angels like Lawful Good? Or Lawful in general.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 08, 2014, 10:10:29 pm »

I don't see why not. He is breaking the law and threatening them.

Also, how does the propulsion system for the castle work? I would presume it's either pure technology, or magical except shielded with another antimagic field. If it is the former case, then please do keep in mind that skills outside of a character's abilities will obey the laws of physics, artistic license be damned.

Also, don't forget to post the info on IRIS and the details of how it acquired and maintained its resources, facilities and influence. The same goes for @Ragnarok.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:14:02 pm by Empiricist »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 08, 2014, 10:16:04 pm »

Besides, aren't Angels like Lawful Good? Or Lawful in general.
Can the person in question annihilate nations with ease?
And only as much as the forces commanding them. You could argue that Dumah was being Lawful Good, and that it's us humans who are Chaotic Evil, but I'd call Dumah evil due to its disregard for human life and its wicked goals.

Also, how does the propulsion system for the castle work? I would presume it's either pure technology, or magical except shielded with another antimagic field. If it is the former case, then please do keep in mind that skills outside of a character's abilities will obey the laws of physics, artistic license be damned.

I support the request for details!
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 08, 2014, 10:19:12 pm »

@KJ and @Ragnarok probably should post all relevant data on how their respective conspiracies acquired their funds, power, resources, etc. for all to audit. As I recall, PCs having access to the might of enormous conspiracies was an issue.

Good idea.
I support the request for details!

There. You said that you'd provide the details should people other than myself request it. That's two other people, one of whom is the GM.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:21:11 pm by Empiricist »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 08, 2014, 10:23:31 pm »

IRIS used to acquire funds through donations from rich people. (paraphrasing what I've said) Now it gets them from it's prosthetics and pokemon productions. And that's a lot of money. It keeps it's resources on site using what amounts to warehouses of holding. It has at least one facility on every major continent the most on one being in Japan. It holds influence with the people who buy their products and some politicians that are ex-agents.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 08, 2014, 10:29:54 pm »

How did it remain secret prior to the layar invasion if it was funded by donations?

How does neutralizing and containing magical beings help the rich people?

Why did their benefactors fund things such as military units if they were meant to be researching applications of magic, not detaining magical creatures or fighting shadow wars?

How did it get it's power and influence prior to the layar invasion?

How does it influence people who buy it's products if it just consists of pokemon and prosthetics?

Would anyone still buy pokemon if the antimagic fields presumably screw them up?

Where did they get things such as jets or the capacity to mass produce weapons?

How did it secretly construct headquarters?

What prevented it from being exposed by ex-agents before the layar war?

How does it protect its electronic information?

How does it protect its physical resources?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 08, 2014, 10:56:51 pm »

Shit just got real.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 08, 2014, 10:58:29 pm »

Bartimaeus is paying for the masonry. And carpentry.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 08, 2014, 11:05:35 pm »

And Bartimaeus gets to learn first hand of what Shade looks like~
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 08, 2014, 11:07:44 pm »

Ok, Just realized I need to stat up Shade, Wraith Lord. How many stat points should a boss get when going up against a level 1?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 08, 2014, 11:08:30 pm »

Bartimaeus can really only enter his true form when under extreme emotional stress. In fact, his true form shouldn't even be able to exist, but is able to because of his link with Alucard.
It's a huge showoff, though~

*shrug*
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 685