Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 499746 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #4485 on: August 08, 2014, 05:06:19 am »

I also have urges to start a game similar to RotMG, which is more based on the Slice of Life side of it. Yay or nay?
Have you or have you not read any of version 2 at all
Or TA, or either iteration of Everything: Gaiden.

Not even a page. :D
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: August 08, 2014, 05:09:50 am »

I also have urges to start a game similar to RotMG, which is more based on the Slice of Life side of it. Yay or nay?

Do so.
Then cry for 4.5871 seconds.
Then realize that bad idea.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: August 08, 2014, 05:12:47 am »

Okay, v2 was basically entirely conversation and shipping like Seinfeld if the characters weren't pricks and everyone was rather eccentric, that includes the people who acted as straightmen.

TA was something Ragnarok ran which also had player-run plots, it basically had the same rampant shipping and arguments and well, 'other stuff' due to a combination of really bad rolls and in other cases, really bad judgement, which ended up requiring Toady's intervention; Ragnarok basically cut all ties to the game due to being busy and it still somehow continued for a while. It was also the one Xantalos was involved in and where I became disillusioned with rapid posting and rolling to determine character reactions.

Everything: Gaiden, is basically this with even less plot and combat, in addition to pretty much letting people crossover stuff or use their own settings. It somehow still has more consistent lore that this. It died due to lacking anything to keep it going once conversation and shipping ran dry. A new iteration began that had the framework to allow plots to sustain activity. But lacked the actual plots it was meant to enable.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: August 08, 2014, 05:18:21 am »

Do so.
Then cry for 4.5871 seconds.
Then realize that bad idea.

Orrrrr I could watch anime.

-snip-

Oh lord.

Still, the urge to throw a bunch of magical people all into one classroom remains.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 05:22:47 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: August 08, 2014, 05:27:07 am »

Okay, v2 was basically entirely conversation and shipping like Seinfeld if the characters weren't pricks and everyone was rather eccentric, that includes the people who acted as straightmen.

TA was something Ragnarok ran which also had player-run plots, it basically had the same rampant shipping and arguments and well, 'other stuff' due to a combination of really bad rolls and in other cases, really bad judgement, which ended up requiring Toady's intervention; Ragnarok basically cut all ties to the game due to being busy and it still somehow continued for a while. It was also the one Xantalos was involved in and where I became disillusioned with rapid posting and rolling to determine character reactions.

Everything: Gaiden, is basically this with even less plot and combat, in addition to pretty much letting people crossover stuff or use their own settings. It somehow still has more consistent lore that this. It died due to lacking anything to keep it going once conversation and shipping ran dry. A new iteration began that had the framework to allow plots to sustain activity. But lacked the actual plots it was meant to enable.
The one bright spot is that it spawned the most fun to play as evil character I've had in a while.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: August 08, 2014, 05:34:21 am »

-snip-

Oh lord.

Still, the urge to throw a bunch of magical people all into one classroom remains.
I think they were discussing an idea like that in roller's block. Except rather than being set in a bleak world with well equipped academies designed to seduce students into becoming child soldiers, it's set in a more mundane magical world at a community college with bitter, dissatisfied, eccentric or OH&S incompliant teachers.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: August 08, 2014, 05:40:37 am »

Well, I had a very brief moment of insanity during which I thought of making an Infinite Stratos game, complete with a several males instead of just one. That would end in chaos.

I think they were discussing an idea like that in roller's block. Except rather than being set in a bleak world with well equipped academies designed to seduce students into becoming child soldiers, it's set in a more mundane magical world at a community college with bitter, dissatisfied, eccentric or OH&S incompliant teachers.

That sounds like fun.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: August 08, 2014, 05:43:05 am »

That sounds like fun.
Here's a link.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: August 08, 2014, 05:53:21 am »

Here's a link.

Eh, I don't fancy playing as teachers. This, in the RotMG world, where you play as less-than-keen students learning from nutty teachers seems to be a recipe for disaster my own amusement.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 05:56:32 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: August 08, 2014, 05:58:43 am »

If TA is anything to go by, then the teachers would likely end up as world weary doctors who indiscriminately cast 'methamphetamine spear', transdimensional aberrations with a hitlist that consists of the contents of an entire universe, temporally and spacially displaced berserking noire detectives and ancient racist five year old vampires.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: August 08, 2014, 06:49:59 am »

If TA is anything to go by, then the teachers would likely end up as world weary doctors who indiscriminately cast 'methamphetamine spear', transdimensional aberrations with a hitlist that consists of the contents of an entire universe, temporally and spacially displaced berserking noire detectives and ancient racist five year old vampires.
Represent. ^o^

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: August 08, 2014, 06:51:17 am »

I fail to see a problem with this.

Also, High School DxD is still my favorite light novel. Thank you, code-zero-samaaaa
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: August 08, 2014, 06:51:35 am »

TWI *Glomp*

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: August 08, 2014, 06:53:16 am »

B-baka Elf-kun, g-get off me.....

Seriously, hai. :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: August 08, 2014, 06:54:03 am »

so tsundere *glomp*
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 685