Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: Incursion (open source) play & development  (Read 80620 times)

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion (open source) play & development
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2014, 04:05:56 pm »

is chooseusername still bugfixing this? Or has he moved onto other stuff. Compared to how buggy incursion was what state is it in now?
There's several problems which aren't easy to fix, which require a lot of research.  Or mindless playing, in order to try and reproduce them.

When the room weights problem is tracked down, I'll do a "stable" release.  Then the next priority will be the previously mentioned attribute stacking problem.

If you want bugs fixed, it's best to make it as easy as possible.  But making sure it can be easily reproduced.  That all the information necessary is available in a bug on bitbucket.
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Incursion (open source) 0.6.9Y13 UNSTABLE
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2014, 12:31:52 am »

An updated download is available on bitbucket: 0.6.9Y13.

There are no new features being added to releases.  If a release is marked as unstable and turns out to actually be unstable, please download the preceding release and use that instead.

Changes:
  • Issue 167: Sometimes when level areas are being generated, the selection of room types failed, and a fatal error put allowed the player to win the game of failed level area generation.  This game is not about the player winning, so the relevant code has been altered to better handle problem situations.
  • Issue 168: The tabbing between links in the help system causes crashes.  Legacy bug where code was looking for information using X as Y coordinate and Y as X coordinate.  Also a Y1 bug where looking up the character at a screen coordinate was incorrectly implemented.
  • Issue 169: This fixes the dialog which appears in debug builds when leaked stati backrefs are found.  When an object is removed, it cleans up the stati which have it as a target.  To do this, it looks at the backref on itself, then to the stati on the originating object.  But certain kinds of stati when removed, are simply orphaned with the backref removed explicitly.  The only problem was that the backref removal passed in opposite values than which it needed to, failing to remove the backref.  Then the removed object would see the backref again when it moved on to it's next removal, and not be able to find the now-orphaned stati.  Cue dialog.
  • Issue 170: Little known fact that objects get more difficult to unlock the deeper into the dungeon you get.  If a locked object in your inventory is examined, this fact combined with items in your inventory not being in the dungeon, results in a crash.
  • Issue 170: A different issue relates to broken dungeon generation, which places stairs down to unsafe terrain.  Fixing that would fix the dungeon generation.  This issue and fix relates to instead adding a confirmation dialog to the taking of stairs down to unsafe terrain, under the provisio you should be able to step down carefully and choose to step back up.  There is a school of thought that these stairs to unsafe terrain are an interesting feature which should be retained, regardless of fixes to dungeon generation.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:36:41 am by chooseusername »
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2014, 02:47:36 am »

Woot! Grabbing it!

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Incursion (open source) 0.6.9Y14
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2014, 01:48:33 am »

An updated download is available on bitbucket: 0.6.9Y14.

There are no new features being added to releases. This is the first "stable" release after a series of changes to improve the code base. It includes bug fixes to gameplay, both new ones, and others included in the unstable releases Y12/Y13.

Changes:
  • Issue 129: Journal entries are now listed in order of most recent to oldest.  Level stats are put first, instead of last.  This is to put the most relevant information in the most accessible place.  Reported by golgepapaz, with patch.
  • Issue 135: Lost symbols for wrapped messages.  This was observable through looking at monsters with lifesight cast.  Any wrapped text in the generated description would be overwritten in some cases.  Reported by Karagy.
  • Issue 150: Making a chi strike did not explicitly take mana from the victim, and likely took it from the actor.  Reported by dck k.
  • Issue 155: Gauntlets of Rust can be activated from the 'a'ctivate menu.  The description only addressed protection from rust, and not the 3x per day rusting grasp they can be used for.  The description has been amended.  Reported by dck k.
  • Issue 167: More level generation fixes related to room weights.  If comparing a signed value stored in an unsigned variable, cast it before comparison, not after.  Also, if all room types were flagged as already used, they would then all be unflagged for reuse - however it was also necessary to reset the room weights and more.
  • Issue 173: Knowledge domain does not grant scribe scroll spell as described.  Reported by Brett Olsen, with patch.
  • Issue 176: Compilation warning fixes broke alignment checks, resulting in penalties and restrictions for the wrong alignments.  Reported by John Olender, with patch.
  • Issue 177: Use menu was enacting the wrong effect, for selected innate abilities.  This was due to Y12 compiler warning fixes, where an argument to UseAbility was cast to uint8, and UseAbility had it typed as int16.  Reported by S M.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 01:50:42 am by chooseusername »

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2014, 02:24:56 pm »

People occasionally request Linux and MacOS builds.   If anyone has programming experience and and wishes to do some game development work, you could take on the task of making these.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2014, 11:09:50 pm »

Having some trouble with using money. The game seems to be using all the money I have when I craft or buy something, even if the actual cost would be only a fraction of the total.

Edit: On a different note, getting a red square freeze when I try to use my identify wand or read one of my identify scrolls in this save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/olu9p0og0nvi6g9/Wuyondra.sav?dl=0

Edit2: Also, taking the opportunity to confirm one thing: Crafting the drow racial weapons (the hand crossbow) and its ammo isn't possible in the game yet, is that right? Not making great use of them since ammo is so limited in the long run (even considering the ability to reuse the ammo).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:57:25 pm by Felius »
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2014, 12:54:50 am »

Edit: On a different note, getting a red square freeze when I try to use my identify wand or read one of my identify scrolls in this save:

Fixed in bug 188.

No idea about Drow thing.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2014, 03:37:46 am »

You can check what's craftable by taking a Dwarf race and leveling to lvl 8 or thereabouts. That's how Julian made it - choose, are we going to get some content additions ever?

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2014, 09:19:50 am »

I think choose is cleaning up the code. I think I saw him post in another forum that its unwieldy and really hard to maintain.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2014, 01:38:57 pm »

You can check what's craftable by taking a Dwarf race and leveling to lvl 8 or thereabouts. That's how Julian made it - choose, are we going to get some content additions ever?
I've been thinking that throwing in the odd content addition is valuable, as posting lists of bug fixes with each release feels a bit soulless.  However I got involved to make it stable, not to put my own spin on the game.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2014, 01:46:26 pm »

Just try to finish up the classes that are implemented [but not finished] first and I'll be fine with anything else you do that doesn't break Incursion. :]
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2014, 10:41:56 pm »

Fixed in bug 188.

No idea about Drow thing.
Yay! Speedy fix is speedy.

On the drow hand crossbow: Did some experimenting with the wizard mode: That bolt doesn't seem to be even available to wizard mode spawning, let alone normal crafting. The issue is, they apparently use a different bolt from the standard crossbow one, which is apparently pretty much uniquely limited to those drow characters start with and not a single more.

If not possible to make those craftable, it could be interesting to simply let use them normal crossbow bolts. It's not like it'd make much difference in the damage anyway...

Also, taking the opportunity to do the odd bug report: When using precisions strikes and choosing to pick the target by targets (instead of direction or the like), the game doesn't seem to check if the enemy is in range, which makes all characters kinda able to do the equivalent of the anime style "wind cut" from afar. :P
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:43:10 pm by Felius »
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2014, 02:07:30 am »

Also, taking the opportunity to do the odd bug report: When using precisions strikes and choosing to pick the target by targets (instead of direction or the like), the game doesn't seem to check if the enemy is in range, which makes all characters kinda able to do the equivalent of the anime style "wind cut" from afar. :P
It'll probably get lost, unless it gets added in the bug tracker.  And the likelihood of it getting fixed is directly proportional to how easy it is for me to reproduce, so if you could add a compressed save file with instructions on what to do, it would be appreciated  ;D

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2014, 05:35:18 am »

Just try to finish up the classes that are implemented [but not finished] first and I'll be fine with anything else you do that doesn't break Incursion. :]

Good point.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2014, 10:03:23 am »

It'll probably get lost, unless it gets added in the bug tracker.  And the likelihood of it getting fixed is directly proportional to how easy it is for me to reproduce, so if you could add a compressed save file with instructions on what to do, it would be appreciated  ;D
Just do a precision attack (p in the extended combat menu opened by c) when an enemy would be outside range, no matter what you have equiped or whatsoever. Not quite necessary, but here's a save with a warrior wielding just a shield as a weapon with an enemy in the screen but not so close that it could be attacked without one of them moving first:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wn6g7m2dhtjl4sx/Joan.sav?dl=0

Edit:
And on another misc bug report:
Using the "knowledge (magic)" to identify items in the library don't seem to actually take any time. Here's a save in a good position to test it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwu8vqhm6vigm41/Wuyondra%20%282%29.sav?dl=0

Edit2: And on yet another red square bug report with a save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/loydq9mom4nvpl8/Wuyondra%20%283%29.sav?dl=0
Trying to attack the priest just south of my character gives the red square and crashes the game.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:38:34 pm by Felius »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24