Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: LeBron's Shut up and Slam - Yui No Gaiden! [An Actual Plan is Happening II]  (Read 26586 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: LeBron's Shut up and Slam -Yui No Gaiden! [A Meeting of F.A.T.E.]
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2014, 01:12:51 am »

"I'd rather we meet back here after getting the basic gist of this."

Sarah was quite intrigued by the concept of this goal--a straightforward and simple one. A complex goal.

"I'd rather we meet back here after getting the basic gist of this. However..."

Inquire at the spirit:
> What is the local disposition about asking ideas about B-Ball, in general?
> Local authorities. Demeanor regarding the government and on Basketball.
> Ask him if he knows of James. James Naismith.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2014, 01:26:43 am »

"Hmm..."
Johnny  steeples his fingers in front of his mouth, and broods.

Then, he stands up and goes to the roof. Somehow.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2014, 08:23:34 am »

A tall bald man in a white suit and sunglasses stands in the corner, silently watching everyone.

Do nothing.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2014, 08:25:59 am »

A tall bald man in a white suit and sunglasses stands in the corner, silently watching everyone.

Do nothing.
((Uh... you're on the waitlist, methinks.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2014, 08:26:39 am »

Do nothing.
((Uh... you're on the waitlist, methinks.))
((Oh, nevermind))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2014, 02:36:36 pm »

"..."

In the corner, Nigel the Rapping Shadow just... sort of blends in with the shadows in the corner, scribbling in a notepad. When he realises who's there, he also realises he needs to take advantage of this unrepeatable miracle.

"Yo," he says, in a hard-to-define kind of mid-English accent, "Mr LeBron? I wonder if you could like rap two lines to sum up the essence of basketball and its relation to the secret of existence? I remember things better when they rhyme, and that would totally help me keep up my morale in the dark days to come... Sir."

Ask the above. Then wait for comrades to become drunk. Find the nearest hiding place, and also the nearest exit.

edit:

Suddenly Nigel realises he actually has some comrades who are not becoming immediately drunk.

"Er. Hello comrades? I am Nigel - I am a rapper and ninja by trade, and also an apprentice accountant. How about you?"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:46:41 pm by lawastooshort »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2014, 02:43:20 pm »

Law, could you bold your text or something else to make it more readable if you're going with pink?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2014, 03:44:58 pm »

Sure - what is easiest - pink bolded or purple?

I hope it's pink bolded because purple hurts my eyes on darkling I've just discovered.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2014, 03:48:01 pm »

Bold good, but also pink with a red glow works well too if you wanted to use that.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2014, 11:31:40 pm »

Writing up the turn, expect it tomorrow, or at the very least, early the day after.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2014, 11:48:31 pm »

Huzzah!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LeBron's Shut up and Slam -Yui No Gaiden! [Getting Info And/Or Crunk]
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2014, 11:57:35 pm »

Getting Information And/Or Crunk

Graa! Narf! Kroosh intones, reading out of a book that looks somewhat like a Gibberish-English dictionary.

Hopefully I did that right. Just starting out this warlord thing. I think I'll get really drunk. Makes savagery easier.

Request booze from bartender until sufficiently inebriated so as to naturally act 'grr'. Drunkenly question people around me about where we are and such.
Rubric merely stands up, looking at the others with distaste.

"We have a common goal now, it seems, but I still have my own. I recommend none of you interfere. I have one piece of advice I have learned in my travels, however. It could very well help us."

He clears his throat.

"To commune with the mad, one must become mad themselves."

He heads upstairs to get wasted. The best plan is to get drunk enough to understand the other patrons' ramblings.

Krrosh and Rubric are clearly on the same frequency, as they head off to ascend the stairs and reach the main portion of the bar. Upstairs the bar room is lively and active, the smell of alcohol piercing everyone's nostrils. On the stage, a young man in a cap strums out a guitar. 
When I think of you, the climax of my medulla/Ceases the crushing blows of enigma/For the one we truly know/Is the one we see hereafter.
One of the patrons places his drink down, crying softly. "Shit...the depth....it's like he really knows how I feel...."

The cyberdwarf and lynx sit down at the bar. "Two of your roughest pints!" Krrosh barks at the young Chinese bartender. She firmly places her hand on her hips, "You can pay?" Damn, it looks like she has caught the ploy of these two alcoholics in the making, as neither has a Neo-Shekel to spare! However, a mustached man at the end of the bar speaks up for them. "Put it on my tab," he looks at the two of them pitifully, assuming their an improvised interracial same-sex couple.
This act of charity gets both of them one Dragonforce Doozer each. Down the hatch.

Roll for Sobriety!
Rubric = 2
Krrosh = 12

Rubric immediately crashes to the floor, completely wasted. The first part of his plan, to get drunk, definitely succeeded. However, instead of chatter he could only hear constant buzzing and droning. And the floor was spinning. This would not do. Rubric tries keeping his eyes open, which prove to be the only task he can focus on and successfully perform.

Krrosh held his sway better, his tough dwarven organs built to consume the hardest of alcohols. That didn't mean he could stand up without bracing himself against the safety of the bar, but at least he could stand. He turns to the people sitting adjacent to him, "WHAAAAAT IS THIS PLACE?" A man shrugs, "Xu Yi Shi. The bar." The dwarf, content with this knowledge for now, sinks into his seat. "If I had a metal....ohhhhhh Lord."

"I'd rather we meet back here after getting the basic gist of this."

Sarah was quite intrigued by the concept of this goal--a straightforward and simple one. A complex goal.

"I'd rather we meet back here after getting the basic gist of this. However..."

Inquire at the spirit:
> What is the local disposition about asking ideas about B-Ball, in general?
> Local authorities. Demeanor regarding the government and on Basketball.
> Ask him if he knows of James. James Naismith.

Sarah walks up to the Spirit of LeBron James, pulling up an empty crate in front of him and sitting down. She crosses her legs, bending forward and assuming a posture of questioning.
"What is the local disposition about asking ideas about B-Ball, in general?"

"Simply asking about it isn't allowed, but it does raise suspicion. Discussing any illicit subject matter, such as the subject of Murder, is certainly allowed and even commonplace in certain areas, but if you kept on delving into Murder incessantly and passionately with someone you wouldn't know, wouldn't it make sense for them to suspect that you are up to something? I'm not trying to compare Basketball to Murder, but both have the same level of stigma attached." LeBron sighs deeply, briefly looking down at the floor.

"The local authorities, what is their demeanor regarding the Government and Basketball?"

LeBron looks up. "The authorities are under the government's leash, as they get all sorts of bonuses as long as they blindly follow whatever orders they are given. They have coveted positions, and are willing to go to great lengths in order to keep them. As for Basketball, I believe that many of them have been brainwashed and taught to hate and fear the game and players as our forerunners felt about magical witches and warlocks centuries ago. Though to be honest, I also believe that several of them understand the game of Basketball on some level, but they hide this, out of fear for their occupation and personal safety."

"Do you know of James Naismith?"

"I do know of the tale of James Naismith, a powerful half-deity in the time of our ancestors who developed Basketball as a way of nurturing the greatest potential of human beings. Basketball was a much different game back then, but we owe to him the foundation that paved the way for its glory in the modern age, at least before the Great B-Ball Purge." LeBron grins, "For a lady so stoic in appearance, you ask many thoughtful questions.

"Hmm..."
Johnny  steeples his fingers in front of his mouth, and broods.

Then, he stands up and goes to the roof. Somehow.

Johnny Johnson the Second does the only sensible thing and goes to the roof, somehow. At the roof, he stands on the edge for no reason than to appear as a cool enigma, the cool night breeze causing his robes to flutter elegantly, though the chill feels uncomfortable as it whips across his semi-unprotected crotch area. Stifling any visible signs of discomfort, he looks out onto the horizon, his view blotted with the shape of a multitude of buildings lighting up the night with a vast array of colorful lights: yellows, oranges, reds, blues, neons.

"Senpai-Sama, I will avenge you," he says only to himself, and the Dwarf retching into a bucket a few feet a way from him.

"..."

In the corner, Nigel the Rapping Shadow just... sort of blends in with the shadows in the corner, scribbling in a notepad. When he realises who's there, he also realises he needs to take advantage of this unrepeatable miracle.

"Yo," he says, in a hard-to-define kind of mid-English accent, "Mr LeBron? I wonder if you could like rap two lines to sum up the essence of basketball and its relation to the secret of existence? I remember things better when they rhyme, and that would totally help me keep up my morale in the dark days to come... Sir."

Ask the above. Then wait for comrades to become drunk. Find the nearest hiding place, and also the nearest exit.

Suddenly Nigel realises he actually has some comrades who are not becoming immediately drunk.

"Er. Hello comrades? I am Nigel - I am a rapper and ninja by trade, and also an apprentice accountant. How about you?"

Nigel saunters over to LeBron James. "Yo, Mr LeBron? I wonder if you could like rap two lines to sum up the essence of basketball and its relation to the secret of existence? I remember things better when they rhyme, and that would totally help me keep up my morale in the dark days to come... Sir."

LeBron shifted in his seat, "I never considered myself a rapper, but I'll try." He cleared his throat, B-Ball is a ferocious game/You gotta' sink one before you make a name." He leans back confidently, "That was hot fire, if I say so myself."

Nigel nods respectfully, before looking for hiding spots. This basement seems a good spot for now if one needed to hide, though the women's bathroom upstairs works as well, since it is never used due to the apparent lack of any female bar patrons, which also gives it the benefit of containing approximately 5000000% less life-threatening microorganisms than in the men's room. Also, there's a large cupboard behind the bar that could work, though the bartender may beat you with a broom if she finds you in there. There's an exist right in the front of the bar, but as that also doubles as the entrance, the fire exit adjacent to the stage is probably the best bet in case of an emergency.

Doctor Bear idles in a Uncanny-Valley way.

Spoiler: Doctor Bear (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Krrosh Anvilhumper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Johnny Johnson the 2nd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarah (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:59:17 pm by TCM »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2014, 12:11:21 am »

"HNRGNGNG. HUMMHINS. BRENHHH!"

Try to get up. Slowly. VEEEEERY SLOWLY.

And try not to harass and/or assault anyone during or afterwards.

It probably would have been a good idea to remember how easily inebriated felines are.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2014, 12:17:23 am »

WHERE IS BAR.
RARGARGAR.

Insert belches to question as appropriate.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2014, 12:21:52 am »

Ah, hello there dwarf. 'Tus a fine night, is it not?
Examine the retching dwarf. Any distinguishing features?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14