Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: LeBron's Shut up and Slam - Yui No Gaiden! [An Actual Plan is Happening II]  (Read 26588 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LeBron's Shut up and Slam - Yui No Gaiden! [Wizardly Bureaucracy]
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2014, 12:13:38 am »

YO, DIALOGUE

Krrosh stumps back to the back room.

So, small female, what was that about drugs? Specifically, what types are there?

While the wizard clerk is occupied with the others, Krrosh sneaks around the counter and follows the girl to the back of the store, where she is doing inventory with some boxes. "So, small female, what was that about drugs? Specifically, what types are there?" She shoves a box into its designated spot, "Who are you calling small? Come here." She beckons him to an inconspicuous box in the corner. She opens it to reveal a set of plastic bags with rather strange items contained within. "We've got X, we've got Salazar, we've got Crunk, we've got Opium Prime, Death Cheese..."

"How much is your cheapest relic, and your cheapest magical drug? For lo, and we have recently been robbed and are short of funds."
"What is the cost of your cheapest scroll of prophecy, and the cost of the most expensive one, if you don't mind our asking, sir?"

"The cheapest relic prophecy? Let's say...1500 Neo-Shekels. That's a good deal. And drugs? We don't have any drugs. I don't know what she's talking about. She's not even an official employee, that's just my niece. She hangs around so I have her work around to occupy her, otherwise she'd be out doing whatever kids do these days, probably getting drunk at Chess Bars and then having orgies in underground hobo-lairs. So, you guys got robbed? Can I interest you in some protection? Some robes? I have a few goodies that will distract and disorient whoever is trying to get you, giving you enough time to escape."

"Archaic maps. Those of out-of-the-road locations. Usually of previous establishments or...say, ruins and sewers. "

Sarah pondered upon LeBron's words and wondered how she could subtly bring the message of their intended location along.

Nudge the nearest PC who is available to add to the idea, inconspicuously.

'Any plan up ahead?'

"Oh, you're looking for old maps? We don't carry those, maybe a geographer or map collector would have some, but I couldn't tell you where to find either. Have you checked the Neo-Atlanta University Royal Library? They could have some good maps somewhere in there if you look well enough.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: LeBron's Shut up and Slam - Yui No Gaiden! [YO, DIALOGUE]
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2014, 01:00:41 am »

What effects do those have?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2014, 11:38:17 am »

Johnny suspiciously stares at the sentient garden gnome.
"...what."
He also seems mildly surprised.
"What are you talking about?"
((I am back! *dramatic moment... Thing...* and am sure none of you missed me. I can't help but wonder  how many games I left, though...))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2015, 03:22:05 am »

What effects do those have?

"X gives you wings. Well, you think you'll have wings. It has this rush that will make you feel invulnerable for about a minute, which is sort of true in a way. You can't get injured during that time, so go nuts, but anything you do get hit with will actually appear after the rush is over. So you can actually jump out a five-story window and be fine after hitting the ground, but after a minute all your bones will suddenly break and you might die. Salazar makes you jumpy, and you can breathe fire. It's cool, but not great for your respiratory system. Crunk is for when you need to get Crunk, easy. Opium Prime is the finest shit that can actually cure a lot of things, but it'll put you in a short-term coma. Also, it's really addictive. And then Death Cheese, will let you sense like...everything around you. It's crazy. At the same time, you feel out of your body, almost like you died, which is how it got the name. Also addictive. And makes you really hungry and horny afterwards."

Johnny suspiciously stares at the sentient garden gnome.
"...what."
He also seems mildly surprised.
"What are you talking about?"

"It's magic man, not that science bullshit. The moon controlling tidal waves? Come on, that doesn't even make sense. It's obviously Neptoogoor, Lord of the Seas."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 04, 2015, 08:37:24 am »

"Hm. Have you any urgent tasks, odd jobs, monetarily rewarding activities, magical quests?" Nurse Akane asks, smiling at the shopkeeper.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 04, 2015, 02:28:45 pm »

I will take all of them, then.
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 04, 2015, 03:26:17 pm »

((Dear goodness -.- With net errors in the way, I had at least thought I replied to this >_>
I am so sorry TCM ._.))

Of course. The local library. Didn't think of that.

"Thanks for the info there! Could you point me to that place? Just want to make sure. I...can't read that well. The signs and all."
Sarah replies, making something up to ensure the location, then (after this is done,) she moved along towards the nearest person she could find amidst the fog and many obscurities of the store moving about--while animism was a very intriguing concept to her, the fact that she had to brush away a thing or two out of her path led to another idea: there needed to be awareness with these nice trinkets for them to be...durable.

"Hey," she says (to basically anyone who can hear, out of the shopkeeper's hearing range), "I'll be going to the library to check up where to look; any idea where to meet back?"

Coordinate plan, then as a consecutive action, get to the library mentioned!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 04, 2015, 04:55:53 pm »

"Indeed," declares Nigel. "We could possibly do all sorts of discreet stuff. How much are your drugs, man?"

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2015, 01:09:43 pm »

((Fuck I haven't posted here in a while, whoops.))

Rubric's never been a really...magic-y person. The whole 'Way-Of-The-Fist' thing was always more appealing to him. So, while everyone is poking and prodding around the shop, he perks up when hearing someone mention going elsewhere.

"I will accompany you to the library. I am in need of a weapon, and as many have said, books are the worlds greatest weapon."

He clears his throat, and continues.

"Eugh. Sorry about that. Slipped into some kinda Confucius thing there. So...library?"

Follow Sarah to the Library, whenever she decides to leave.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2015, 01:12:15 pm »

Johnny raises an eyebrow.
Really, now. Tell me more.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LeBron's Shut up and Slam - Yui No Gaiden! [An Actual Plan is Happening]
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2015, 12:46:25 am »

An Actual Plan is Happening

"Hm. Have you any urgent tasks, odd jobs, monetarily rewarding activities, magical quests?" Nurse Akane asks, smiling at the shopkeeper.

"So, you're more of the questy type? Well, if you want some quick cash, how would you feel about clearing out the rats in the attic. I mean, they're Giant Rats, so their probably bigger than anything you've seen. I get it if you're not up to it, people aren't crazy about rats. I keep trying to get my niece to clear them out, but I really have no clue what she spends her time doing..."

I will take all of them, then.

"How many neo-shekels do you have on you? Lets see...per ounce I'll give you:

X - $25
Salazaar - $20
Crunk - $12
Opium Prime - $40
Death Cheese - $60
"Can you afford all that? No offense, but you and your clique don't seem like you've got a lot of spare cash going around."

"Indeed," declares Nigel. "We could possibly do all sorts of discreet stuff. How much are your drugs, man?"

"I don't sell drugs. This is a legitimate business. I'm sure you could find something in a back alley if you need that sort of thing, but please, take it outside. We don't need that in here."

Johnny raises an eyebrow.
Really, now. Tell me more.

"Because you assumin' that yuv' gutta' have them like that...when really..." The gnome finishes retying the shoelaces, which are now in a complete diamond shape on Johnny's foot. They work just as good as ever, he just wasn't aware that this pattern existed. Or was physical possible.

Of course. The local library. Didn't think of that.

"Thanks for the info there! Could you point me to that place? Just want to make sure. I...can't read that well. The signs and all."
Sarah replies, making something up to ensure the location, then (after this is done,) she moved along towards the nearest person she could find amidst the fog and many obscurities of the store moving about--while animism was a very intriguing concept to her, the fact that she had to brush away a thing or two out of her path led to another idea: there needed to be awareness with these nice trinkets for them to be...durable.

"Hey," she says (to basically anyone who can hear, out of the shopkeeper's hearing range), "I'll be going to the library to check up where to look; any idea where to meet back?"

Coordinate plan, then as a consecutive action, get to the library mentioned!
Rubric's never been a really...magic-y person. The whole 'Way-Of-The-Fist' thing was always more appealing to him. So, while everyone is poking and prodding around the shop, he perks up when hearing someone mention going elsewhere.

"I will accompany you to the library. I am in need of a weapon, and as many have said, books are the worlds greatest weapon."

He clears his throat, and continues.

"Eugh. Sorry about that. Slipped into some kinda Confucius thing there. So...library?"

Follow Sarah to the Library, whenever she decides to leave.

"Sure thing, let me point it out to you on a map..." Dillan pulls out a map to show Sara which streets to take to reach the library. After giving out directions, Sara secretly confers a plan with Rubric to head out. The two of them head out to the library, past the streets of late night Neo-Atlanta. It's rather quiet except for the cars, the blaring music out of nowhere, the people yelling at each other across streets from apartment to apartment, it's an unusually peaceful night. They reach the library with no hassle, a monolith of a facility complete with Roman Columns and a statue of the Lady of Knowledge erected outside. Etched into the base of the statue are the words of an ancient Greek Philosopher when it comes to writing: Nemo curat de pristina charcter.

Before they can go through the rather imposing double doors, Rubric and Sara are stopped by a slender bespectacled lass clutching a volume of novels to her chest. "Excuse me! I don't think you should go inside. It's...scary." She sighs deeply, with a hint of disappointment almost if she had heard that the Banjo Kazooie Reboot was going to be PS4 Exclusive.

Party Treasury: 74 Neo-Shekels
Party Loot:

Spoiler: Doctor Bear (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Krrosh Anvilhumper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Johnny Johnson the 2nd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarah (click to show/hide)

In the interest of time, any players can instantly teleport to Sara and Rubric's location, so that a turn isn't spent on everyone running to the library.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2015, 12:50:01 am »

Is this here all the drugs you have at present?

Sig! Onol

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 14, 2015, 07:00:47 am »

Say, gnome, how would you like to go on an adventure with me?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2015, 07:25:21 am »

"How many neo-shekels would this service be worth, sir?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2015, 09:03:51 am »

Is this here all the drugs you have at present?

Nigel butts in before heading back to the Nurse:

"We totally have enough for some death cheese, blud. Or just some crunk. We should get totally lifted and then kill some rats."

"How many neo-shekels would this service be worth, sir?"

And to the Nurse:

"I totally support your endeavour, Sister. Let us go, provided this service is sufficiently remunerated."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14