Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Perplexicon: The new age: LAVATASTIC  (Read 28064 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: The new age
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2014, 09:03:24 pm »

"Urp. Well, since you put it so convincingly..."

Follow the command
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2014, 09:09:27 pm »

Try again. Same words.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

blazing glory

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2014, 09:17:25 pm »

Go through the archway,do this while saying Ergra Naltdar,commit all 5 from my pool.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:42:55 pm by blazing glory »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2014, 09:37:29 pm »

Go through the archway,do this while saying Egra Naltdar,commit all 5 from my pool.
Do you mean Megar as Egra isn't a word... unless Ctrl + F has failed me

EDIT1: I can neither read nor spell carry on
EDIT2: Wait no Egra doesn't exist, just double checked
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:42:55 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

blazing glory

« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2014, 09:42:32 pm »

Go through the archway,do this while saying Egra Naltdar,commit all 5 from my pool.

EDIT: I can neither read nor spell carry on

Ah sorry,found out I made a mistake spelling it,it's supposed to be Ergra.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2014, 09:43:42 pm »

EDIT: I can neither read nor spell carry on

Ah sorry,found out I made a mistake spelling it,it's supposed to be Ergra.

Good thought I forgot how to read and spell for a moment
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2014, 01:46:58 am »

"This is getting weird, better run before they start hissing or something"

Go outside. Try some other magics.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2014, 05:57:54 am »

What the hell is this. People rolled triple 1s and lived? Where is the lethal magical baclash? Where are the limbs that decide to be kittens instead? What happened to surprise combustions?

Seriously though, if people don't get punished for failure, this waitlist will be moving very slowly, if at all.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2014, 08:17:41 am »

What the hell is this. People rolled triple 1s and lived? Where is the lethal magical baclash? Where are the limbs that decide to be kittens instead? What happened to surprise combustions?

Seriously though, if people don't get punished for failure, this waitlist will be moving very slowly, if at all.
The magic system isn't built around backlash, it is built around having no clue what happens when you succeed. This led to the incident where someone turned their spine into a iron rod. But the point is that the spell just drops words and fizzles once people begin combat then lethality comes into it. Having fuckups on the potency kill people would just be unfair. Plus the enemies are the main sources of death them and succeeding at a spell and setting yourself on fire.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:26:10 am by Corsair »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2014, 09:24:37 am »

In the original open world perplexicon, people who quietly researched words to people who hunted mobs and one another ratio was something like 10:1. Even in arena where there wasn't  much else to do besides murder, people died to their own experiements as often as they did to garstorpit. Unless people have a serious incentive to kill eachother, many may decide to stay in safe spawn area and research until they learn how to make bodies of adamantine and fire black hole sharpnel bombs.

Mobs won't  enter spawn area, will they?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

blazing glory

« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2014, 09:29:31 am »

I sense that they will if we hole up and start researching.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2014, 11:01:43 am »

Attempt Urist again. This time, all my magic.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2014, 05:54:27 pm »

I sense that they will if we hole up and start researching.

Well I don't like to railroad or give spoilers, but considering this is an open world and you aren't the first people here, the best strategy would be to travel while using random words and flogging them to other mages you encounter. Words in this world are the currency because they are the only things of real value asides from enchanted items.

Also mobs won't enter the spawn because they're goddamn terrified of the ones that are already there.  ;D

And finally even though magical backlash is less common, there are plenty of words that will likely kill you if summon them and them alone, meaning that if you know of one of the hyper deadly elements and use it and roll even one less than the target value, you'll end up dropping the attack word and summon it uncomfortably too close to you.

((Interesting all around.))

You hear a soft motherly voice in your mind,
"What do you seek lost one?" 
"...knowledge, I suppose."

Say Words to the side, so as not to hit the statue should I succeed.
"I can provide that but it depends on what you seek to know"
She continues to tend the tree each time shifting only when you blink

Score 4 DC 5: WILL SAVE NOW [4+2: 6]: In your mind you see a demonic warrior wielding a katana made of bloodstained metal the image burns at you the horror of his stride and deed haunting you in your mind. The image fades but cuts appear on your forearms leaving you in great pain.

"Urp. Well, since you put it so convincingly..."

Follow the command

You turn and see that the statue is now turned to face you slightly

"You have piqued my interest, do you wish to learn more magic to gather and hoard its power?"

Try again. Same words.
Mark ignoring the alien skullduggery around him casts a spell
Score 2 DC 6: Nope
Score 2 DC 6: Nope
Score 3 DC 2: A large lump of copper drops onto the floor with a loud clang

Go through the archway,do this while saying Ergra Naltdar,commit all 5 from my pool.
You go outside and see the world, a wooded area surrounds a path heading forwards, in the distance is a city and to your left is a path carved into the mountain, you realise that the temple must have been carved from the mountain as well.

Score 3 DC 10: Nope

"This is getting weird, better run before they start hissing or something"

Go outside. Try some other magics.
You go outside and see the world, a wooded area surrounds a path heading forwards, in the distance is a city and to your left is a path carved into the mountain, you realise that the temple must have been carved from the mountain as well.

Score 7 DC 2: You see an image of a staff combined with a cone. I don't even know how to describe it other than non-euclidean-as-fuck

Attempt Urist again. This time, all my magic.
Score 4 DC 2: Beer! GLORIOUS BEER, a torrent of it pours out of the air flooding all over the floor   
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 06:05:07 pm by Corsair »

blazing glory

« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2014, 06:07:32 pm »

Say Yergar,commit all of my pool,go into the path in the left.

Apparently I may have crippled myself by only having a pool of 5,I can't go warrior because I need money to purchase the equipment,and money comes from words and I can't say any words because my pool is obviously not big enough.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2014, 06:26:10 pm »

((Assuming this is using the entire Perpublicon grimoire, then there may be words like fat that have negative cost. So, you could try, if you find fat or something similar, you could try using "Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat WhereCasterIsThinking <Element>" as an airstrike. Or using it to generate a really damn slow moving, but large projectile and forcibly throwing people into it.

If Gods here work like the original Perplexicon, there may also be Gods that allow you to do things without as much magic, such as Blastel who gave followers a weapon of their choice upon joining, or Nul-Sheal who granted followers control over an element upon joining, or Scarlon who gave followers a mask of mind control upon joining.

But yeah, this seems a bit biased in favor of magic seeing as Perplexicon used straight up dice rolls for everything and Perpublicon used dice pools for everything whilst this only uses the new system for potency but not other stats.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20