Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Perplexicon: The new age: LAVATASTIC  (Read 28141 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: The new age
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2014, 05:17:25 am »

((... We're going to die.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2014, 06:17:25 am »

((Forgive me if I don't understand magic system,so the more words I say the more powerful the spell's gonna be,but the more it will cost,and I can commit more from my pool to make it have a bigger chance succeeding?))
((Not quite. Words correspond to effects, so they don't automatically make a spell more "powerful," just more complex. Saying "fire chains eye bird cannon" isn't likely to be more potent than just "fire cannon."))

Examine first statue on the right, say Words.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2014, 10:29:11 am »

((Unless that's two flaming birds chained to each other, spinning around each other like old-school chain shot.  That'd be pretty sweet.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2014, 12:42:53 pm »

Had a look at the google doc. It apears that there is a person with 23 base stats and somone with 21 base stats. Wat?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2014, 05:12:44 pm »

Had a look at the google doc. It apears that there is a person with 23 base stats and somone with 21 base stats. Wat?
((Glancing at the OP, it seems Matthias (Objective) only spent 21 and Starn (blazing glory) spent 23.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2014, 05:16:10 pm »

Welp
Spoiler: Updated stat (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2014, 05:28:19 pm »

Blaze remove one point

also tell me where this point is being taken from
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 05:53:50 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

blazing glory

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2014, 05:29:20 pm »

((Glancing at the OP, it seems Matthias (Objective) only spent 21 and Starn (blazing glory) spent 23.))

((Oops.))

Spoiler: new sheet (click to show/hide)

The point is being taken from ENDURANCE.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2014, 05:31:21 pm »

Uh...
I'm not the one with the 23 points.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2014, 05:50:41 pm »

More words.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2014, 05:54:35 pm »

Uh...
I'm not the one with the 23 points.

Yeah my fault read the doc wrong :/

Go through the archway,say the words Ceroc Lorel,commit 4 from my pool.

((Forgive me if I don't understand magic system,so the more words I say the more powerful the spell's gonna be,but the more it will cost,and I can commit more from my pool to make it have a bigger chance succeeding?))
Score 1 DC10: You feel a slight fizzle but nothing else happens

"Well, that's just as useful as I would expect." Matthias examined the statue, not particularly expecting anything special, but you never know. He continue to read through a random word in the hope that he can come upon something that can be combined with that coal spell thing.

Examine what the statues are depicting, and cast another spell

Score 2 DC 1: You summon forth a mound of paper a bit bigger than the one of coal and containing a mix of newspaper and office stock

The first statue on the right shows a gardener tending a fruit tree. The gardener is feminine and looks like a loving mother. The tools that she tends the fruits with are only her hands with which she holds one of the fruit lovingly. At a distance the fruit look like lemons but once you get closer you see they are all manner of strange creatures.

The first statue on the left shows a blacksmith and artificer working at an anvil and bench. The artificer looks like a strong stout, hard man with an inquisitive aspect. He is dressed in blacksmith's clothing and has some strange contraption on his head, it looks to be some sort of magnifier. He holds a hammer in one hand and something rectangular in the other shaped by hand and stamped with a rune, one line and two diagonal lines coming from the middle. Like a crow's foot.

The second statue on the right depicts a tall elderly scholar. Scattered across a desk are various pieces of paper gibberish written on them, next to him you see the same book you now hold on a book stand, it is open to a page with words. The reference numbers read 10A01 -> 10A10, the words next to them are completely unreadable. The figure seems to be locked in thought, on the desk you see pieces of jewelry all intricate and carved with words like those in the book.
[Roll:6]
When you turn around to look at the next statue you feel a gaze boring into the back
of your neck and hear an echoing, aged voice still full of power speak in your mind like
crashing waves and thunder
"Do not turn away Mage... Come to me"
Time to try to achieve some pointless vandalism.

Walk to the archway while saying Words at random statue.
Score 2 DC 3: You get a sudden impression of cats, like the internet suddenly nested in your mind.

((Not quite. Words correspond to effects, so they don't automatically make a spell more "powerful," just more complex. Saying "fire chains eye bird cannon" isn't likely to be more potent than just "fire cannon."))

Examine first statue on the right, say Words.
Score -1 DC 5: Fizzle, again.

I think that Random.org is being weird.

The first statue on the right shows a gardener tending a fruit tree. The gardener is feminine and looks like a loving mother. The tools that she tends the fruits with are only her hands with which she holds one of the fruit with great care. At a distance the fruit look like lemons but once you get closer you see they are all manner of strange creatures. When you blink you see that the statue is now giving you a sideways glance, and the compassion it shows those fruit is now upon you. It is extremely soothing.

You hear a soft motherly voice in your mind,
"What do you seek lost one?" 

Say Urist.
Assigning 3 potency/dice/pools/whatever.
You rolled 3 dice:

1 1 1

Timestamp: 2014-06-13 23:05:18 UTC

Score -3 DC 1;
Wow, uh, yeah.

More words.
Score -1 DC 6: Nothing again
Score 2 DC 6: Nothing again
Score 0   DC 2: Nothing again

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HECK RANDOM.ORG
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:09:34 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2014, 08:46:44 pm »

((Wait, there are gods? Well, looks like my spreadsheet ended up becoming outdated in record time.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2014, 08:52:13 pm »

((Wait, there are gods? Well, looks like my spreadsheet ended up becoming outdated in record time.))
Uh sorry about that, I can just add them to the equipment section as they act like magic items.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2014, 08:54:25 pm »

((Might I suggest wizard dice roller if random is acting...well... Not random?))
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2014, 09:00:35 pm »

((Interesting all around.))

You hear a soft motherly voice in your mind,
"What do you seek lost one?" 
"...knowledge, I suppose."

Say Words to the side, so as not to hit the statue should I succeed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20