Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 209

Author Topic: Bay12 Courtroom: Thread Retired, New Thread Pending  (Read 241940 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: The Gold and Silver Turnabout
« Reply #2415 on: October 11, 2015, 06:32:22 pm »

"The hive and... the compound... are two different places."

"Shall I kall my vitness ant get zis ofer viz? I don't zee anyvun elze vho eet koult be."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: October 11, 2015, 06:33:28 pm »

"But he didn't leave the country. Which begs the question..."

KAMINA PRESENTS THE TIE CLIP!

"Who left this at the REAL crime scene?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: October 11, 2015, 06:35:30 pm »

"The other agents were dispatched to subdue the kidnapper. They never came back; the tie clip you found was probably from one of them. The pink slips were a cover for their deaths."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: October 11, 2015, 06:36:41 pm »

(I'm gonna wait for someone else on the current team to think of something, so after they post I won't object to bringing in the new witness. But dang, forgot about that line.)

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: October 11, 2015, 07:02:25 pm »

"Do you have proof that the kid did it?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: October 11, 2015, 07:06:08 pm »

"Do you haff any effidence zomebody elze did?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: October 11, 2015, 07:13:49 pm »

"Do you haff any effidence zomebody elze did?"
I vault over the railing and land in the defense.
"All right, you, let me clear something up.  BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON THE PROSECUTION.
Asking the defense to prove innocence would clearly violate the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" enshrined in most all courts that are actually following due process."
With that cleared up, I jump back into the observers.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:19:18 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: October 11, 2015, 07:16:50 pm »

"Okay. I know zat. But zere eez zee leetle eessue zat zere eez nobody elze zat koult haff done eet."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: October 11, 2015, 07:23:43 pm »

".... You realize that Water Gun is a REALLY COMMON MOVE for water types, right?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: October 11, 2015, 07:30:09 pm »

"'Nobody else?' That is not a viable way to prosecute somebody. You need to present to us some groundbreaking, decisive evidence. But you don't have any, because he didn't commit the crime."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: October 11, 2015, 07:31:56 pm »

"Okay. I know zat. But zere eez zee leetle eessue zat zere eez nobody elze zat koult haff done eet."
"Do you have incontrovertible proof that the defendant actually committed the crime?  Do you have incontrovertible proof that ABSOLUTELY NO-ONE ELSE could have committed the crime?  Do you perhaps have evidence you're holding out on?  Because that would constitute a mistrial.  Do you, in fact, have any real proof besides a trail of water and a print-less knife?  Do you, in fact, have any proof at all?  Maybe, and this is just a wild theory, some other Trainer with a Water type could have done this because as far as I know, you have not provided any definitive evidence that the defendant was ever present at the scene of the crime.  In fact, there is a rather suspicious witness back on page 84 that was the last person to see the victim alive, according to his testimony.  Which is, well, suspect.
'Nobody else could have done it' is not proof that someone did do it."
(*starts reading the record*
"Also, are we perhaps forgetting someone?  Did we ever return to this TRASHYMAN guy?  He might have evidence.
Oh.  Feraligatrs have teeth on BOTH sides of the jaw, and the puncture marks were only on the back.  Not to mention, you know, the shape of the teeth.  That would certainly lend credence to the whole 'it was not, in fact, a Pokémon that did this' because the wounds are only on one side.
...Hey!  That witness had a Pokeball...Did we ever actually SEE the Pokémon in it?")
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:59:04 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: October 11, 2015, 07:52:23 pm »

".... You realize that Water Gun is a REALLY COMMON MOVE for water types, right?"

"Zure. Vat does zat proof? Can you giff me HART EFFIDENCE zat zere vas anybody ELSE een zee area viz a vater-type at zee time of zee murder?"
"'Nobody else?' That is not a viable way to prosecute somebody. You need to present to us some groundbreaking, decisive evidence. But you don't have any, because he didn't commit the crime."

"You vant DECISEEV EFFIDENCE? I'll geeve you zomezink better: a DECISEEV VITNESS."
-snop-
((Also; this is based directly off of Ace Attorney and Artistic License – Law is in full effect. I know quite well that this shit would never fly in a real court, but it's for the sake of the narrative.))

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: October 11, 2015, 07:55:48 pm »

"THEN BRING HIM OUT! I'll find your lies, because there's no way our client did this! Seriously, he's like TEN and you expect me to believe he made it into that country, kidnapped someone, and brought him SIX HOURS to murder him in the woods? We'll prove his innocence. And then I'm gonna punch you in the face for being a shit."

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: October 11, 2015, 07:56:26 pm »

"S'cuse me, prosecuter, but do we know that a certain previous witness didn't have a water type within a pokeball?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: October 11, 2015, 07:58:07 pm »

((Hey!  You're supposed to WARN about TVTropes links!
I get it, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to invoke actual law.  It might even work.  ;P))
"Call your allegedly decisive witness, Von Karma.  But before you do that, the defense wishes to confirm that the prosecution's opening witness was, in fact, carrying the Pokémon they said they were carrying, as that would be a similarly crucial point."

"I don't see how it's relevant, but this is my precious Victreebell."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:03:42 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 209