Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 209

Author Topic: Bay12 Courtroom: Thread Retired, New Thread Pending  (Read 241141 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Courtroom: The Ultimate Trial
« Reply #2595 on: November 17, 2015, 09:41:12 am »

(('I have spent years building an immunity to it.'))
thincake

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: November 17, 2015, 06:16:11 pm »

"Almost. I would like to discuss the gloves you said he discarded. If you arrested him immediately, he would have had no time to dispose of them, since the detonator was found 2 feet from him. However. That's not what's important here. What's important is that PUMAMAN is a cheesy super hero. And those kinds of heroes follow a few basic rules. One! They are not usually smart enough to figure out a plot before it's spelled out for them. Two! They don't change costume mid movie, so the inclusion of gloves would be impossible for him to pull off! And three! A cheesy hero like that would never harm innocents!"

"What is this, TV Tropes? A list of clichés isn't evidence, buddy."
"And four: There's an important test we haven't yet done.  With your permission, the defense would like to see if Pumaman can, in fact, do whatever mumbo-jumbo and access the basement."

"'We' in this case refers to 'you'. You think I'd let that go unnoticed?"

"I particularly hope you're not trying to get us to remove the anti-superpower shield around your client's cell so he can escape."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: November 17, 2015, 06:22:01 pm »

"Ah but you see, there's a reason I brought up the costume. I watched the movie, Mr. Godot. The costume itself is granted when he puts on the belt. It does not matter what he was wearing before hand, the costume is magic! Therefore, there can be no gloves to discard!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: November 17, 2015, 06:36:25 pm »

"True.  Was there ANY evidence of these hypothetical gloves, say, near the detonator?  You know, because you would have to discard the detonator first."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: November 17, 2015, 06:43:48 pm »

"Ah but you see, there's a reason I brought up the costume. I watched the movie, Mr. Godot. The costume itself is granted when he puts on the belt. It does not matter what he was wearing before hand, the costume is magic! Therefore, there can be no gloves to discard!"

"Have you considered that maybe, just maybe..."

"...he put on the gloves after the costume?"

"Or that, perhaps, he used his ridiculous cape to cover the detonator and keep his fingerprints off it? It has one button, it's not exactly difficult to use."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: November 17, 2015, 06:52:29 pm »

"If I may ask, what time was the bomb detonated?"

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: November 17, 2015, 07:33:00 pm »

"Scusse me, but was there anything noteworthy about the inside of the box? Or any radio-transmissions before the bomb went off?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: November 17, 2015, 07:39:49 pm »

"For that matter, what happened to the box?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: November 17, 2015, 09:58:36 pm »

"Aaaand that's my cue to call in the first witness. Bob?"

"You called?"

"Yes. Name and profession?"

"Well, I'm Bob. I'm an anatomy major, so I use my talents to help the police defuse bombs."

"If you would please testify to the court about the bomb that destroyed the Federal Building, my good man?"

"But of course!"

Cross-Examination ~ Moderato

"The bomb was located in the basement, and was detonated at approximately 12:05 in the afternoon."
"Pumaman got out of the building at 12:04."
"Based on the way the building collapsed, the bomb was almost certainly placed a few feet up the main support in the basement."
"This is, coincidentally, roughly the same location as the cardboard box Pumaman was touching in the footage."
"It is therefore highly likely that the cardboard box contained the bomb."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: November 17, 2015, 10:09:27 pm »

Let's press that second statement.

"Wasn't my client arrested immediately as he exited the building?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: November 17, 2015, 10:09:53 pm »

"I believe in you, Kamina. Wreck this case to the ground."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: November 17, 2015, 10:14:18 pm »

"Wasn't my client arrested immediately as he exited the building?"

"Nope. Arrested a couple minutes later, after the security camera footage was recovered and the detonator was found."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: November 17, 2015, 10:28:40 pm »

"If everyone's gonna keep mentioning this footage, the defense requests it be officially added to the court record."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: November 17, 2015, 10:36:33 pm »

Video Footage added to the Court Record.

"Pretty nifty, eh? DVDs' first appearance here. You also saw the closest you're going to get to actually seeing it through the fourth wall back during the flashbacks. Specifically, the part with the unconscious hostages and cardboard box."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: November 17, 2015, 10:48:07 pm »

"Was anything else found at crime scene? Like who might have made the bomb? Or remnants of the explosion?"
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 209