Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087140 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3870 on: March 03, 2016, 11:22:19 pm »

I just updated the develop branch to point to the latest df-structures commit, so ensuring that you have the latest develop branch (of DFHack) and running "git submodule update" should get you a working df-structures. Thanks to sv-esk, the offsets should be complete on all three platforms, so DFHack should at least start up normally, although I haven't tested anything on Linux yet. OS X definitely works, though.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Seleucian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: March 04, 2016, 03:19:08 am »

So after many failed attempts I just managed to compile and build DFhack. Turns out in my previous attempts I made one (probably very silly) mistake. I downloaded the code via the 'Download Zip' instead of using this command
Code: [Select]
git clone --recursive https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack
cd dfhack
Then I followed the instructions and it would always fail.
It might be useful to make a note of this right at the top of the instructions for Windows, because that's where I started reading the page, thinking that was where I should start. I think that might be very helpful for other noobs of Github, like myself.

Anyway, I'm now ready to try it out, thanks for a great tool!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: March 04, 2016, 03:33:30 am »

So after many failed attempts I just managed to compile and build DFhack. Turns out in my previous attempts I made one (probably very silly) mistake. I downloaded the code via the 'Download Zip' instead of using this command
cd dfhack
It might be useful to make a note of this right at the top of the instructions for Windows, because that's where I started reading the page, thinking that was where I should start. I think that might be very helpful for other noobs of Github, like myself.

Thanks, I was just having the same problem because I was trying to use "remote add" in my git command. >_>

deepfield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: March 04, 2016, 04:16:14 am »

I just updated the develop branch to point to the latest df-structures commit, so ensuring that you have the latest develop branch (of DFHack) and running "git submodule update" should get you a working df-structures. Thanks to sv-esk, the offsets should be complete on all three platforms, so DFHack should at least start up normally, although I haven't tested anything on Linux yet. OS X definitely works, though.

Confirming, works on Windows :)

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: March 04, 2016, 06:47:42 am »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByxHQd6Tsa3nUEJyV3lHdzJQRVE/view?usp=docslist_api

How about Google? I dropped it in my google drive before I left work and remembered I could share it from there.

But I am not comfortable with this, I am not familiar enough with Google shares to know the world can't see all my stuff now.

You can either share at the folder level or file level.  For most uses, I recommend creating a folder specifically for a particular project, then putting files inside of that.  That gives you the choice of either sharing everything within the folder, or just the file itself.

By default, files/folders are not visible to others.

If you look through your list of files/folders, the items that are shared will have a multi-headed person icon after the filename.

You can also set an expiration time for the share item when you create the URL.

gasznak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: March 04, 2016, 09:22:10 am »

cd dfhack

Thanks, I was just having the same problem because I was trying to use "remote add" in my git command. >_>

Confirming, works on Windows :)

Could you guys please upload that version and link it here?
I mean the .dll and other dhack files like in normal versions.

I desperately need the Dfhack (can't really play without workflow anymore) but when I tried to download that Git program and compile it myself I realized I have no idea what I'm doing. :P Not everyone is a programmer. However if you need any legal counseling (civil law), let me know. :)

If you guys could do that, I'll be really, really thankful.

Cheers,
Matt

PS. I'm assuming there is a newer version that the one posted on the previous page since you guys had to compile it yourself.

Edit. Got it. Thanks Santa! :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:56:34 am by gasznak »

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: March 04, 2016, 11:00:56 am »

Sharing is caring ;)

How about helping some other brothers out?

gasznak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: March 04, 2016, 11:48:29 am »

Sharing is caring ;)

How about helping some other brothers out?

I got it via a private msg. Author didn't want to post it here.
Check your inbox. :)

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: March 04, 2016, 12:10:22 pm »

It's not really release-ready, but it's getting closer, and I was hoping to fit in an alpha release this weekend, so that build probably won't explode significantly more than alpha1. Anyway, it would be helpful if people using that build could hunt down and report issues, instead of assuming we know about them (we probably don't) and waiting for the next alpha build.
I wish I could help. The alpha build has just been so damned stable for me, it's annoying! ;)

Same here under Linux. There is nothing to report. Perhaps I don't test extensively or rare scenarios, but for day to day use, it hasn't crashed or corrupted my worlds (yet?).

Wilm0chimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: March 04, 2016, 01:05:19 pm »

and I was hoping to fit in an alpha release this weekend

My body is ready.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: March 04, 2016, 03:24:57 pm »

I just built the develop branch on ubuntu and it starts up just fine. Haven't done much yet, but it's a good start.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: March 04, 2016, 03:30:20 pm »

Had trouble compiling, suspect it's the compiler I used.
I just built the develop branch on ubuntu and it starts up just fine. Haven't done much yet, but it's a good start.

What compile parameters did you use?

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: March 04, 2016, 03:42:00 pm »

Actually, on closer inspection, dfhack doesn't seem to be starting at all. I'm not getting the message that it's an unrecognized df version, but I'm also not getting the alpha version popups, have no dfhack functionality in game, and have no prompt in the terminal from which I started dfhack. I'm not sure what's going on.

Edit: Looking in stderr.log, I'm seeing this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So my build isn't working. :-(
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 03:45:47 pm by khearn »
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: March 04, 2016, 03:48:24 pm »

Prerelease-warning is not present in 0.40.24 r5.
Build tutorial assumes you know something about git.
In order to get 0.42.06-compatible sources you should clone develop branch, not default (0.40.24 r5). And DFHack/dfhack repo is currently actual
git clone --recursive https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack -b develop
cd dfhack
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:34:36 pm by sv-esk »

gasznak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: March 04, 2016, 03:55:07 pm »

For a couple of dfhack scripts/plugins (i.e autolabor, workflow) there is some data stored separately for each save file. Where is it stored? Is it possible to copy it from one save to another?

For example I have some dwarf labor rules set up in autolabor in game A. I did set it up once and then every time I load that save it's there. Is it possible to copy it to my next games without manually typing everything in dfhack console?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Matt
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 03:59:36 pm by gasznak »
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 360