Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087156 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #4650 on: September 06, 2016, 02:11:29 pm »

Hmmm, I was doing different cave-in experiments with ice and obsidian and constructions in adventurer mode, it's how I clear magma and such for constructions in a lot of areas, and I've used it to punch through the floors of cavern lakes as well.
Actually obsidian is yet another special case. Because of that you can only have one "obsidian" per DF (sadly).
I think it's similar to the way ice works except you can't produce just an obsidian floor but 1/7 water will make a sheet of ice when exposed to freezing skies, even if you're in mid-air with no supports around it.

Similar problems emerge if you try to dump water out of a minecart while submerged in magma, you can do the opposite with magma in water and suicide as I recall, but water just crashes the game unless you're standing on a flow tile.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: September 07, 2016, 04:21:25 pm »

Doe anyone know if there is a flag or some sort of check to see if a unit is fleeing? I know interactions can be configured to only be usable when fleeing, but I want to be able to target fleeing units as an option in my wrapper script.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: September 07, 2016, 05:16:39 pm »

Isn't one of the meeting path things that?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: September 08, 2016, 08:03:10 pm »

Isn't one of the meeting path things that?

Hmm, I didn't see anything about fleeing. I saw destination, opponent, and idle. And there is no fleeing action. Do you have any idea where you might have seen that?

On a side note, does anyone know if changing the gait values in unit.enemy.gait_index is enough to speed up and slow down a unit? Or what even those indexes mean?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: September 09, 2016, 06:23:07 pm »

Crap I don't have a working install with dfhack, wait, was it idle area or goal or something? There is one of those that has a big long list of entries, like 100+ which I could swear had "flee area" or something similar.

Ah, these: https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/blob/master/df.pathfinding.xml

TechnoScrabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: September 10, 2016, 01:45:26 pm »

I've been over the documentation for it time and time again, but I still can't get spawnunit to work, and the red text error message it gives me is partial and tells me nothing. Can someone please show me an example of input for it that would work? spawnunit CREATURE:RABBIT 0, spawnunit RABBIT 0, spawnunit CREATURE:RABBIT CASTE:0, etc are failing me, I must have misread the doc.

EDIT: I've since figured out that I need to use the actual caste name. Is there a way to make the animal tame, or spawn it in a cage? Spawning on top of a cage trap does not work.

EDIT EDIT: Now any items I place with createitem disappear when I unpause the game. I'm trying to make a cool tomb for my friend to explore in adventure mode, and need a specific block that I was unfortunate enough not to embark on. Anyone know how to fix the disappearances?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 05:39:46 pm by TechnoScrabble »

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: September 11, 2016, 06:57:34 pm »

EDIT EDIT: Now any items I place with createitem disappear when I unpause the game. I'm trying to make a cool tomb for my friend to explore in adventure mode, and need a specific block that I was unfortunate enough not to embark on. Anyone know how to fix the disappearances?

This sounds like what happens when the garbage collect flag is set on an item. They'll sit there until the game is unpaused and then they're immediately cleaned up from the game. Can you use gm-editor and confirm that that's not happening?

TechnoScrabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: September 11, 2016, 08:19:26 pm »

This sounds like what happens when the garbage collect flag is set on an item. They'll sit there until the game is unpaused and then they're immediately cleaned up from the game. Can you use gm-editor and confirm that that's not happening?

I haven't toyed with gm-editor yet, how would I do this?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: September 12, 2016, 12:43:59 am »

Select an item, run "gui/gm-editor", and look for "garbage_collect" under "flags".

Alternatively, you could run ":lua print(dfhack.gui.getSelectedItem().flags.garbage_collect)".
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TechnoScrabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: September 12, 2016, 09:32:21 am »

Select an item, run "gui/gm-editor", and look for "garbage_collect" under "flags".

Alternatively, you could run ":lua print(dfhack.gui.getSelectedItem().flags.garbage_collect)".

Thank you. I ran through that, and garbage_collect is set as false.

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: September 12, 2016, 11:26:03 am »

All right, what are the other flags set to?

TechnoScrabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: September 12, 2016, 12:40:46 pm »

All right, what are the other flags set to?
On Ground and In Job are set to true, all other flags are false. Flags 2 are all false.

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: September 12, 2016, 01:24:30 pm »

Wait, they're "in job" directly after you've created them? Or did you let some time pass so they get a stockpile task assigned?

TechnoScrabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: September 12, 2016, 04:56:55 pm »

Wait, they're "in job" directly after you've created them? Or did you let some time pass so they get a stockpile task assigned?

Immediately after. And I watch when I unpause, nobody's grabbing the items, they just disappear.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: September 12, 2016, 06:53:33 pm »

Can you check an item's ID after you create it (the "id" field), unpause, wait for it to disappear, and run ":lua ~df.item.find(ITEM_ID)"? (Replace ITEM_ID with the ID of the item you found earlier.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 360