Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1202910 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 141 The time to panic is now
« Reply #4530 on: February 05, 2016, 11:33:15 pm »

((I'd like to propose a new, temporary alliance: Wizards Against Dragons. I'd also like to extend an invite to all players who aren't teamed up with FoU.))

edit: oops, doublepost
((Maybe jumbo the dragon is friendly. Then again, the last Dragon had a major superity complex))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: February 06, 2016, 12:09:25 am »

"Looks like that's one huge thing. I don't know what the heck is that, through..."
(I have a odd intuition about the castle.... Maybe i should go there and check? Wait a minute... that is not a good idea right now.)

Go into the portal. 5 essences, or until one collapse.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:31:46 pm by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: February 06, 2016, 12:22:49 am »

((Maybe jumbo the dragon is friendly. Then again, the last Dragon had a major superity complex))

((Jumbo the dragon is FoU and currently wants to kill everyone on the island via the endless void. It... might be a good idea to make a run for the portal.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: February 06, 2016, 12:57:46 am »

((Jumbo the dragon is FoU and currently wants to kill everyone on the island via the endless void. It... might be a good idea to make a run for the portal.))
((Yep. Hahahahahaha!!!!))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: February 06, 2016, 02:41:57 am »

Chorkinaan puts his hands up defensively. Woah-ho-ho! I do NOT think now's the time to be squabbling! I mean, THAT... Chorkinaan indicates the impossibly-large dragon above everything ...Would appear to intent upon destroying the walls of this pocket dimension with its breath! That, and the portal here seems to be acting up... How's about we call a truce, at least until we're all not in severe, mortal danger? Yeah? Great! Chorkinaan breaks off in a mad sprint for the portal, screaming bloody murder in his terror.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:40:28 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: February 06, 2016, 03:05:15 am »

((IT'S HAPPENING!!! THE DEATH OF THE DUCK!!! QUACKOCALYPSE!!!))

https://youtu.be/WhddM1dlu78?t=28s

((By the way, if you don't mind me asking, why isn't the enormous god-damn dragon listed on the sheet?))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: February 06, 2016, 03:13:28 am »

((Abandon the thread.
I'm outta here.
But good lord, I can't wait to see how this turns out.))

"Haah, damn mages..." Shias sighs. Then he follows the spirit's recommendation and escapes this place through the Forest Heart.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: February 06, 2016, 12:09:59 pm »

((By the way, if you don't mind me asking, why isn't the enormous god-damn dragon listed on the sheet?))

((It's listed in Old King Coal's status bar.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: February 06, 2016, 01:05:20 pm »

I don't know if I should laugh at how few think that getting the hell out of dodge is a good idea or to be sad that my writing didn't describe dragon as something fearsome. I'll try to fix that.

The dragon's main body is some three hundredth meters in air, meaning that most unboosted spells won't even reach it.
The dragon's scales are thicker than average human is tall.
The dragon could destroy the Tower by accidentally stepping on it/brushing by, and wouldn't even notice.
Everything on the island, from smallest insects to creatures that aren't by most definitions of existing, are fleeing.
Dragon literally weights more than five million tons.
The shell that keeps dragon in also keeps the atmosphere in.
All portals on the island, including the one that is supposed to be one way only exit, activated.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: February 06, 2016, 01:08:06 pm »

(Wow. I take it the game ran long enough, then. 300 pages is quite an achievement, but what other games do you have planned?)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: February 06, 2016, 01:19:22 pm »

Cubearc felt immense relief, and laid upon the ground to gaze toward the stars. He would survive. He would thrive. He would live, and become a god.

Then the sky became dark. He saw true perfection. He saw true fear. He was going to die.

Time to GTFO. Grab Blake, if I can. Use my dagger to assist in this endeavor, if I can.

Spoiler: Original Reactions (click to show/hide)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: February 06, 2016, 01:20:55 pm »

((Should I assume that everyone knows about the dragon ic?))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: February 06, 2016, 01:25:46 pm »

(Wow. I take it the game ran long enough, then. 300 pages is quite an achievement, but what other games do you have planned?)
((Now, I'm not DG, but I'm going to note that DG mentioned a rituals system earlier in this thread, a system which nobody's used yet... he might make a game based on that.))
((Alternatively: Roll to Survive Impact: following the crash landing of the duck on some sort of dangerous plane/world/whatnot, all the remaining mages must survive over a longer time scale on said plane... and survive each other... yeah, some sort of sequel to Roll to Magic in which the survivors of this event compete on a new, larger, world... to survive. Bonus points for native inhabitants. That would be wonderful.))
~~~
((Assuming that... say... the mages don't band together to weaponize multiple Fonts of Magic in an attempt to cancel the transformation early...))
((In any case, this transformation is going to last 3 turns. That should be long enough to ruin everything, yeh?))
((DreamerGhost: any other commentary on this turn, and what's probably going to happen now? And sequel plans?))
~~~
((Should I assume that everyone knows about the dragon ic?))
((Most people probably do. Jiksap is underwater, so maybe not him... and there might be a few people in other dimensions... maybe...))
~~~
((DreamerGhost: What would the Lotus Bomb do to Mr. Doomsday Dragon?))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:34:14 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: February 06, 2016, 01:33:08 pm »

((Whoops- accidental double post.))
Generic Arms Race.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: February 06, 2016, 01:37:18 pm »

"Nope. Nope. Nooope. Nope. Nada. Not dealing with this. Not staying here. Haha, nope."
Whelp. Time to get the hell out of dodge. Through the portal. Luck guide me. Stab anything that gets in my way.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:58:19 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 506