Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971405 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

I'd be okay with tzeentch, I think, even though it'd be kinda like this:

DAY 12.
Followed Ahriman around. One of my brothers stepped on my foot and didn't even care about it, btu thats probably because he's a souless husk. Found a book on xenogenics though, cool. I have no idea whats going on.

DAY 85
Still following Ahriman around. Today my eyebrows spontaneously turned into tentacles which zapped with lightning and turned some of my servants into horrors. Still have no idea whats going on, but Ahriman patted me on the shoulder and gave me a thumbs up.

DAY 145
Got my staff today while we fough some space marines, it quacked at me while images of fractals flooded my mind. Opened my eyes and the enemies were dead. What the fuck?Just as planned.

DAY 666
JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED JUST AS PLANNED AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:50:18 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I choose to imagine Tzeentchians as euphoric space neckbeards.

EDIT: I also realized just now that the four gods each have a different format for the name of their asperants: Khorneates, Slaaneshi, Tzeentchians, and Nurgleites.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:31:44 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile

It doesn't make a terrible amount of sense why the Dark Mech does this, but then again it doesn't make sense why someone would worship Khorne in the first place.

Personally I can kinda understand the appeal. Living life by BFTBGSFTST must be so blissfully simple.

It's just baffling how someone can decide that everything else in life < the chance to gib someone with a chain axe.

I mean, the worship of the other gods seems to feed into human nature. Nurgle is worshipped largely in hope of immortality. Slaanesh is worshipped because it feels good. Tzeentch is worshipped because he gives you the ability to fulfil your ambitions.
But then we get to Khorne, who seemingly has just as many if not more followers, despite the fact that you worship him because RIP AND TEAR RIP AND TEAR AND BURN. I mean, we basically all fear death, want to fulfil ambitions, and enjoy the occasional hedonistic impulse, but I'm pretty sure most humans don't just want to kill because killing.

Khorne should be the weakest and least popular god, by rights.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:35:07 pm by MDFification »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Humans are inherently violent, and also it's rare to fully understand the Chaos Gods. Knights and other honorable or chivalric individuals can fall under Khorne's influence. Also they gain power from their 'spheres',and Khorne's is war. And in the grim dsrkness of the 41st Millenium...well...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Khorne gains power from every battle. Every life taken in anger empowers Khorne. He's a god of sheer power - the power to dominate and destroy your enemies. He was also a god of honour, but they seem to be moving away from that as too much of a good idea.
He's the most powerful because There Is Only War, and all of it powers him.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

What about music and drugs?

I mean, you can enjoy music and drugs without worshipping Slaneesh. The whole problem I have with Slaneesh is he/she takes things I like, and does them to excess until it becomes unpleasant. So like, music is great. Replacing your ears with giant receivers so you hear EVERYTHING to painful degrees isn't great. Drugs are great. Being pumped full of a chemical cocktail until it and your brains are leaking out your eyes? Not so great.

Slaneesh is all about being a hedonist/sensualist to obsessive and truly self-destructive degree. Seems almost like a poisoning of things I like as much as it's a celebration of them.

He was also a god of honour

Yes and no. Khorne is a god of martial honor, different than just regular old honor. The rites of battle, the nobility of the warrior, the honor of single combat against another. That's what he favors. He doesn't care anything for morality and ethics though.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

So, after you bravely and courteously defeat your enemy in a truly glorious one on one combat, you can go to rape some baby goats and it wouldn't matter for him.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

So, after you bravely and courteously defeat your enemy in a truly glorious one on one combat, you can go to rape some baby goats and it wouldn't matter for him.
Actually, he'd be pissed, because raping baby goats pleases Slaanesh and Khorne hates that fucker.

The thing about Khorne is that he'd be the weakest god in a setting like Shadowrun or NWOD, where most conflicts are political in nature and settled through subterfuge and scheming. But in Warhammer 40K, where the modus operandi for conflict resolution is to basically slaughter whoever disagrees with you, Khorne is very logically the most powerful god.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Had some spare time today, played some ultimate apocalypse. Goddamn, tyrnaids are so much fun to play with. So swarmy! I just love how I can throw hundreds of gaunts at the enemy and still come out on top. They are litteral meatshields for my bigger spawn. I'll post some screenshots, if people would be interested.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had some spare time today, played some ultimate apocalypse. Goddamn, tyrnaids are so much fun to play with. So swarmy! I just love how I can throw hundreds of gaunts at the enemy and still come out on top. They are litteral meatshields for my bigger spawn. I'll post some screenshots, if people would be interested.

Sure. I own SS but I've never tried out the mod. I'd like to get hyped to try it.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Sure. I own SS but I've never tried out the mod. I'd like to get hyped to try it.

The mod alone is good reason to buy SS. Seriously, go try it, you won't regret it.

Anyways, some screenshots from my tyranids (me) vs Ork+dark Eldar+Tau

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Might do more screencap series later, featuring other races.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:13:59 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

So I was there just swearing fealty to the greater good, when suddenly Genestealers! I had to spend the whole day clearing them out before I could enjoy my picnic for the greater good.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

I thought those were called "women"

huehue

no?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought those were called "women"

huehue

no?

"You wot mate?"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

BURNINATING THE COUNTRYSIDE
BURNINATING THE PEASANTS
BURNINATING THE HERETICS
AND THEIR THATCHED ROOF BANEBLAAAADES

*EDIT
I have just noticed that the boobplate is made of skulls. HAHAHAHAHAHA
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 824