Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965298 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

I didin't say it would cause trouble, eh. If anything it's good that it could be associated with Real World Black Templars, eh.
We do have the -tel suffix. Easiest example - "представи́тель", which I belive is pronounced "predstavitel" is "przedstawiciel" in Polish. There are more words like this, albeit I don't think -ciel has been ever used in conjunction with "wojować".
Ah, yeah, after some research, it turns out it's either Proto- Indoeuropean or Proto-Slavic.
That being said, I just noticed the whole 'Hetman Horus' thing
And now I can't stop imagining him with a stereotypical Zaporozhian Cossack mustache and forelock, wearing sharovary over his power armor.
The Emperor, in thick Ukrainian accent: "Well, son, did your Chaos gods help you?"
(Aside note: I do understand that hetman is originally a Polish title, it's just still hilarious to me.)
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

And now I can't stop imagining him with a stereotypical Zaporozhian Cossack mustache and forelock, wearing sharovary over his power armor.
The Emperor, in thick Ukrainian accent: "Well, son, did your Chaos gods help you?"
(Aside note: I do understand that hetman is originally a Polish title, it's just still hilarious to me.)
Him as fat Polish nobleman doesn't really help either. And I belive Hetman is originally Czech title.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Him as fat Polish nobleman doesn't really help either. And I belive Hetman is originally Czech title.
That being said, I shooped a Cossack mustache onto a portrait of young Horus (all credit to original artist):
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What does the title mean?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile

What does the title mean?

"Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!"

It is used as a caption on a picture of a commisar sitting on a baneblade, brandishing his sword.
I'm at work, so I can't use google, or else I'd link it.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Thats, in fact, not a Baneblade. Commissars using Baneblades as personal taxis usually go "DRIVE ME CLOSER, I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY POWER KLAW!"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's weird, it was a fine size on my computer, but super small on my phone.

Either way, that's a Leman Russ, specifically the Demolisher variant.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Note that FFG, Black Library, Games Workshop and a lot of other people making official stuff for Wh40k are fully aware of /tg/ and especially of this meme so they enforce it in full effect. Infamous Dawn of War Bernn wanting to hit them with his sword despite carrying power-fist at the moment and (not the same, but related) Commissar Dan come to mind.

Seriously, if it's a meme on /tg/ there's a quite big chance it will be canon.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Cant wait for the Black Library book about Chapter master Smashfucker
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile

Thats, in fact, not a Baneblade. Commissars using Baneblades as personal taxis usually go "DRIVE ME CLOSER, I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY POWER KLAW!"

Meh. Human vehicles all look he same to me.  :P
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Also I'm pretty sure that's a standard Russ, not the Demolisher
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Cant wait for the Black Library book about Chapter master Smashfucker
MURDERWINGS!
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 824