Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965445 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

From experience, the grease and, well, grime probably factored in.  It probably didn't get "infected", but some stuff may have got in there which impaired proper scabbing.

I dunno, I cleaned it pretty aggressively cause I was worried about infection.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sly Marbo returns to oficial GW models.
You just cant retcon Sly Marbo.  :P

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Sly Marbo returns to oficial GW models.
You just cant retcon Sly Marbo.  :P

HAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MemeHammer.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Volkite, phosphex  and grav weapons are stated as suppir rare arcane relics, but from novels it seems, that in mechanicus every magos has something of this tier in his robes  pocket, and his servitor, and his tank, and the knighthouse he is bro with, and his rival magos, and outcast magos on lower deck  ???

mk 4 power armour, dreadnoughts and terminator armours cant be produced, but mechanicus always has this stuff for chapters they like    ???

Do they have secret stash or just pretend, that they cant make cool stuff, so nobody tries to steal it or what even.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No. It's just that 40k is a bottomless well of archeotech and Dark Age tech that YOU can't reach into to grab stuff out of, but the authors can.

Reading the HH and hearing how much of that shit just gets dropped on the floor, I figure the Mechanicum are just preeminent scavengers.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Volkite weren't relics, they were an established if high-tier technology of the Mechanicus during 30k.

The Mechanicus certainly does always have gifts for their favored chapters, and it's no surprise. Their secret stash isn't secret, it's just things they don't have active production for, which they still have plenty of. The difference is between what things have value and are given out to friends of the Mechanicus, and what things are established enough that they can build them for the entire galaxy's use.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile

Also keep in mind that there's really not that many spees mahreens about compared to Imperial Guard and other imperial factions, so it's totally reasonable to hand them the rarest tech. Most of the people that you read about are Fucking Important™ dudes compared to most humans.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

As much as the Mechanicus have a tendency to be huge bastards, it makes a lot of sense. If you've got this insanely powerful tech like a gun that shoots mini black holes or whatever, are you going to try and give it (assuming you don't keep it for yourself) to the biggest and baddest Spehss Mahreen/Inquisitor you can find... Or some random Guard Sergeant.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just was browsing dark heresy/rogue trader/deathwatch dedicated wikia and stumbled upon mass produced power armour, turns out, that some imperial worlds are quite capable of outfitting their pdf with power armour enmasse(not space marine or inquisition tier ones, but still EVERYONE IN POWER ARMOUR)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Yeah, I imagine some are, and it probably kicks ass to be one of one in a billion guard regiments with armour not made of recycled tissue paper and corpse starch.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah there's even Horus Heresy rules for playing such armies on the tabletop. If you go the power armoured route you basically have an army of power armoured guard veterans and ogryn and carapace armoured standard platoons.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just was browsing dark heresy/rogue trader/deathwatch dedicated wikia and stumbled upon mass produced power armour, turns out, that some imperial worlds are quite capable of outfitting their pdf with power armour enmasse(not space marine or inquisition tier ones, but still EVERYONE IN POWER ARMOUR)

Much to my enduring annoyance that half my party in Rogue Trader wears power armor 24/7. ><

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd probably wear power armor 24/7 as well if I was as rich and important as a rogue trader player character.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

I'm intending on starting up a WH40K based RTD with an almost incomprehensibly colossal Space Hulk as the setting. Basic idea is to have it be Dm-fiat based with no crunch at all outside of the standard D6, but things like weapons and equipment and character archetype still matter fairly significantly. Even with a perfect roll, a flashlight lasgun isn't going to do much against anything particularly tough. A bolter or detpack will be much more effective.  A big spehss marine in power armor is going to have a much better time getting hit than a naked Guardsman, and that spehss mahreen failing to lift a big heavy object might accidentally break in half while a less physically capable character might shift it slightly so it cuts off their toes.. Almost like a freeform RPG with the D6 guiding the story. Death will be relatively common (probably) so it'll cycle through different available archetypes (Imperium/Rogue Trader/Orks/Chaos/Eldar/Tau currently) and each team and player within that team will be kept in a hall of Honor and Shame to see how many turns they survived and how far through the hulk they progressed.

Think it sounds interesting enough?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 11:25:18 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 824