Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1567220 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 11000 laughs, somehow
« Reply #11790 on: May 02, 2021, 03:15:18 am »

Maybe it's because I'm up past 4AM but my first thought was that you named your horse that in order to jailbreak your Gamecube.  (That was a thing in... Twilight Princess I think?  You couldn't input the bytecode via the actual game, but you would download a crafted savegame onto the memory where Epona's name would execute arbitrary code and thus grant root access to the actual... system... Oh right that was for the Wii, duh!)

Edit:  I have to admire the poor hair physics system trying to cope with moments of infinite acceleration like that.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 03:17:30 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: May 02, 2021, 03:37:53 am »

I like the idea that the name "U+1F40E" (literally the Unicode code for "horse emoji"; Bay12 does not support it) would be enough to execute arbitrary code. I'm gonna try "\n" (newline) or "\u0000" (null character) on the next horse I get. It's no Bobby Tables, but I'll have to make do with that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: May 02, 2021, 07:33:02 am »

So you named your horse “horse”?

We should could you Bowen.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: May 02, 2021, 07:44:31 am »

I like the idea that the name "U+1F40E" (literally the Unicode code for "horse emoji"; Bay12 does not support it)

Oh? 🐎
(It's more a matter of whether your browser supports it, B12 doesn't have much to do with that.)

🐎
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: May 02, 2021, 07:57:06 am »

Crap. I tried copy-and-pasting in a horse emoji, and it didn't show up in the preview. Here's a line of horse emojis. I don't know if it'll show up when I post, but I can confirm that I cannot see it in preview.

I'll display an image of this post as it was written to show that I can't see it in preview on my end. This is on Firefox 88.0, Windows 10 20H2 x86_64.

Post-post edit: Wha?

Edit 2: And if I edit it, the horses disappear? Here's more horses to compensate: 🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎

Edit 3: But if you do it in Quick Edit mode, they disappear entirely, but pulling up the full editor makes them not? I have so many questions.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 08:00:08 am by methylatedspirit »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: May 02, 2021, 08:31:35 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:29:37 pm by dragdeler »
let

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: May 04, 2021, 12:05:10 am »

This for an Android tablet; I was doing some lurking.

So an Android tablet with 2 kilobytes of random-access memory memory, and a weight of 5.9 inches. Seems legit.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: May 04, 2021, 03:59:24 pm »

https://twitter.com/glassbottommeg/status/1389285383951683588

Someone with music in their game is having trouble figuring out what rating their game will release as. Ska and skater-punk stuff, so the game about birds skateboarding around an apartment might get quite a high age rating some places.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: May 04, 2021, 06:30:02 pm »

As long as they use the radio edits, they shouldn't get max ratings.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: May 04, 2021, 06:53:21 pm »

Ska and skater-punk stuff

radio edits

lol these are not on the radio
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: May 05, 2021, 04:29:32 pm »

Maybe it's because I'm up past 4AM but my first thought was that you named your horse that in order to jailbreak your Gamecube.  (That was a thing in... Twilight Princess I think?  You couldn't input the bytecode via the actual game, but you would download a crafted savegame onto the memory where Epona's name would execute arbitrary code and thus grant root access to the actual... system... Oh right that was for the Wii, duh!)

Edit:  I have to admire the poor hair physics system trying to cope with moments of infinite acceleration like that.

You're referring to the Twilight Hack, I think

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: May 05, 2021, 10:31:34 pm »

You're referring to the Twilight Hack, I think

Was that the 2010's hack where I can convince shy girls to like me without having to watch those horrible films?  :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: May 08, 2021, 07:51:29 pm »

https://streamable.com/rkjrro
A 1-minute capture (without our prearranged consent :| but it's fine) of me apparently sounding like Stewie Griffin, by a Portuguese friend.

Edit: I will never stop being upset about Gordon Ramsey (or Metroid Other M) in random conversation.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 07:55:36 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 879