Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 317690 times)

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2775 on: June 10, 2015, 02:25:06 pm »

How do I make bins allowable for use in places where bags are required, like in sand collecting and milling?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: June 10, 2015, 02:41:06 pm »

You really can't.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: June 10, 2015, 03:49:10 pm »

I'm trying to update some old mods that worked back in the 0.34 era, but don't anymore...

Specifically, I have a reaction that is supposed to take ores and grind them up into a powder, so that they can be used for glazing.  (The purpose being to make multiple uses of a single ore.)

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_GLAZE_ORE]
[NAME:make glaze powder from ore]
[BUILDING:QUERN:CUSTOM_G]
[BUILDING:MILLSTONE:CUSTOM_G]
[REAGENT:glaze:1:ANY_RAW_MATERIAL:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:GLAZE_MAT_ORE]
[REAGENT:jug:1:TOOL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][HAS_TOOL_USE:LIQUID_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:10:POWDER_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:glaze:GLAZE_MAT_ORE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:jug]
[SKILL:MILLING]

When this reaction takes place in-game, however, dwarves take a jug and an ore to a quern, stand over it for a while, then declare the job done and leave without having actually used any reagents or produced a product. 

I have most of the other work (like making sure that the civ has the appropriate reaction and giving tags to the stones, themselves,) and the game properly recognizes the stones as millable, but the actual action does not get carried out.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: June 10, 2015, 04:35:47 pm »

Does making a single PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150 batch work? Also, check that it's not spilling on the floor instead of going into the jug.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: June 10, 2015, 07:07:14 pm »

Does making a single PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150 batch work? Also, check that it's not spilling on the floor instead of going into the jug.

It's not spilling on the floor.  No powder is being used, and neither is the reagent.  The dwarves just seem to be declaring the job done without doing anything.

And changing PRODUCT_DIMENSION to 150 does nothing.

EDIT: Playing around with it, lowering the number of products makes it work again...  Something about the jug not accepting more than one product, and therefore making the whole reaction fail...

Further testing says it all works if I just up the jugs to contain larger quantities...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:36:18 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: June 10, 2015, 07:16:26 pm »

I was wondering: Can I make a bucket full of water or water in general needed for work somehow?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2781 on: June 11, 2015, 12:14:19 pm »

I was wondering: Can I make a bucket full of water or water in general needed for work somehow?
Here, have these two handy water-outputting reactions. You can remove reagent A to make water out of nowhere.
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:ICE_TO_WATER] --by Malecus
   [NAME:melt ice to bucket]
   [BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_I]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:WATER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:B:1:BUCKET:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][DOES_NOT_ABSORB][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:100:2:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
   [SKILL:PRESSING]

[REACTION:PRESS_PLANTS_WATER] --by Malecus
   [NAME:press water from plants]
   [BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_ALT_P]
   [REAGENT:A:7:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [REAGENT:B:1:BUCKET:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][DOES_NOT_ABSORB][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:80:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
   [SKILL:PRESSING]
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: June 11, 2015, 11:54:18 pm »

Would this be considered a major mod, or what size abouts would it be?

It'd include: 3 new civilizations.
1 new metal.
A new building, the Magister Smith, which produces legendary weapons.
Some new plants, including, among a few, one rather expensive one that can make dye and alcohol, used by humans often, and a tree that the elves can use to make iron bars.
Three new dragons.
A new megabeast.
Two new semi-megabeasts.
It's own graphic set.
A planes animal that's basically a sheep+ogre.
Some new clothes and a couple new weapons.
And the ability to decorate more items, such as weapons.

So would this be called a major mod, or what? So I know what to put it under in DFFD. Thanks!
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: June 12, 2015, 09:39:00 am »

Would this be considered a major mod, or what size abouts would it be?

It'd include: 3 new civilizations.
1 new metal.
A new building, the Magister Smith, which produces legendary weapons.
Some new plants, including, among a few, one rather expensive one that can make dye and alcohol, used by humans often, and a tree that the elves can use to make iron bars.
Three new dragons.
A new megabeast.
Two new semi-megabeasts.
It's own graphic set.
A planes animal that's basically a sheep+ogre.
Some new clothes and a couple new weapons.
And the ability to decorate more items, such as weapons.

So would this be called a major mod, or what? So I know what to put it under in DFFD. Thanks!

Yeah, that seems pretty major.  Multiple new civs is likely enough to significantly change the flavor and strategies of the game. 

"Minor Mods" tend to be a single workshop or something like a pedestal, or a rebalancing of a game feature.  This is much more extensive.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: June 12, 2015, 02:31:57 pm »

I agree with NW_Kohaku. It's definitely on the minimal side for "major mod", but if I was looking for it based just on the description, I'd look in the major mods section on DFFD.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: June 12, 2015, 02:43:59 pm »

I flagged mine as a minor mod even though it adds a couple dozen workshops and plants in addition to its core creatures and minerals, because I think of those things as variants (despite the game forcing me to make them distinct in the raws), and the whole mod revolves around a single concept without altering basic gameplay.

What SS is describing affects basic gameplay broadly enough to be on the major side.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: June 12, 2015, 05:33:42 pm »

Thanks guys! Once the graphics pack is done, I'll release it. Still trying to figure out a name... It'll have to do with either the words Stagnant or Soul.

FIGURED OUT THE NAME: The Stagnant World Pack

In other news: Would someone mind trying out the few tiles I have for my dwarves? They're modified off of Ironhand, and 18x18. I can't seem to get it to work, sadly.

And here's what the same dwarves look like with Ironhand normally.

I don't think mine look as good, sadly.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 06:52:34 pm by StagnantSoul »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: June 12, 2015, 11:30:47 pm »

How exactly is it not working? Can we see the graphics raws?

And don't worry too much about quality. Pixel art takes practice, just like any other skill.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: June 12, 2015, 11:50:28 pm »

Well I kept the same graphic raws as the Ironhand graphics that come with the newest Dwarf Fortress starter pack. I copy and pasted the ones I'd modified into exactly their spots, making sure everything was line up right. Then I saved. When I started a new world, the old graphics were still used.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: June 12, 2015, 11:54:56 pm »

Here's the graphic raws.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 247