Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316663 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #315 on: July 12, 2014, 04:40:08 pm »

Anyone know how to globally turn off [flier] short of edditing all raws and on a side note if I do edit all raws, can I renable em without new world.

1. There isn't one.
2. Yes, removing flier is one of those raw edits you can do in a single world.

Find in files is your friend here; just find in files [FLIER] and replace it with maybe just FLIER.

Grey Goo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Metallic
« Reply #316 on: July 12, 2014, 05:16:14 pm »

So... That are raws for metals like titanium, uranium, mercury, etc? Want add few of them even if they are useless for dwarves, for now...

Also I need ideas for better titles for dwarves. Ideas, not pointing to entity file which is for me just useless lump of text without ideas. Duke and such aren't much dwarven titles, but can't find anything alternative, clean and simple...

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 12, 2014, 05:33:29 pm »

Mercury could be usable for alchemy-related reactions.  (and in this time period, it's the only accessible one of the three, assuming it is the same era of technology) 

They can all be made as inorganic definitions, however, if only to make harder Forgotten Beasts.  Since mercury is liquid at room temperature, you might not want to use the metal-template for it, but define it from scratch (so weird things don't happen).  You can even attach a syndrome to the highly-toxic substance.  Unfortunately, there's no easy way to simulate radioactivity (you need DFHack for that, and it's not out yet for this version)

Nero1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Terrible majestry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #318 on: July 12, 2014, 05:43:46 pm »

I have a question: Does the [NOFEAR] and/or [LIKES_FIGHTING] tokens negate the need for discipline? I hear that having discipline or [NATURAL_SKILL:DISCIPLINE:??] keeps creatures from running in fear from fights.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 12, 2014, 08:00:07 pm »

I've heard anecdotes of dragons, who have both the [NOFEAR] and IIRC the [LIKES_FIGHTING] tags, running in fear when encountering even a mere peasant outsider adventurer.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 13, 2014, 11:52:10 am »

I've been toying around with the idea of making my own language file for my MLP mod, but is there a way to limit a vocabulary to certain words or does the game always use the full language_words.txt and just leave omitted words blank?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #321 on: July 13, 2014, 04:01:25 pm »

I have a question: Does the [NOFEAR] and/or [LIKES_FIGHTING] tokens negate the need for discipline? I hear that having discipline or [NATURAL_SKILL:DISCIPLINE:??] keeps creatures from running in fear from fights.

It's a personality value for BRAVERY, add [PERSONALITY:BRAVERY:100:100:100] to make creatures not run in fear.  It will not cause them to engage in combat in the first place, though.

The [POWER] tag no longer seems to work, presumably because the new spire-vault system now handles demon takeovers.  Anyone know if there's still a way of creating custom civ-dominating monsters?

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 13, 2014, 04:13:08 pm »

I've tested myself - the [NOFEAR] tag doesn't seem to work any more - i had it on a modded creature i had imported over to the new releaae, and the errorlog didn't like it.
The morale/personality stuff has overwritten the nofear tag i would guess. 

Thats just my finding in the errorlog though.

Also, interestingly, NONAUSEA and NOEXERT seem to no longer work - again, the errorlog threw them up.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 13, 2014, 04:21:21 pm »

NOFEAR, NONAUSEA, and NOEXERT are all still in the vanilla raws though. It's in creature_standard and everything. No mention of any issues in my errorlogs about it.

There's probably something up with your modded creature that's causing the errorlogs to print that.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 13, 2014, 04:59:25 pm »

The [POWER] tag no longer seems to work, presumably because the new spire-vault system now handles demon takeovers.  Anyone know if there's still a way of creating custom civ-dominating monsters?
That's odd. My dark masters definitely have taken over civs, though it admittedly seems to happen less often (and they're night creatures rather than megabeasts, but surely that doesn't affect things?). You may have fewer civs that can be taken over now, perhaps?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 13, 2014, 05:00:32 pm »

It seems DF accepts entries in the VALUE field of over 50.  I accidentally added an extra 0 to an entry (from 35 to 350) and suddenly every single one of the starting 7 really really REAALLY wanted a family.  I didn't see a single fortress member that didn't have the dream of having a family in their personality before I spotted the error.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 13, 2014, 05:11:53 pm »

It seems DF accepts entries in the VALUE field of over 50.  I accidentally added an extra 0 to an entry (from 35 to 350) and suddenly every single one of the starting 7 really really REAALLY wanted a family.  I didn't see a single fortress member that didn't have the dream of having a family in their personality before I spotted the error.

Nice. Saiyans are gonna get a lot more warlike.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 13, 2014, 05:13:17 pm »

Did that affect the speed of dwarf marriage?
._.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 13, 2014, 05:58:11 pm »

It did not as far as I could tell, but I only had about two seasons and one migrant wave full of lovey dovey dragonmen before I realized something had to be up.  Might not have given them time to start marrying.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #329 on: July 13, 2014, 06:58:47 pm »

So are there any new occupations in 0.40.x? The graphics tileset I created just depicts dwarves, elves, goblins, humans and kobolds. I tested it a bit, and it appears to work fine under 0.40.x for the previously-existing occupations without changes, but if there's something new, I'd add it.
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 247