Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316782 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #675 on: August 07, 2014, 03:00:34 pm »

You're missing "item_ammo" from the top of the ammunition file. Come on, get your head in the game.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 07, 2014, 03:02:39 pm »

man, I just merged two mods in 2 days from the ground up, and your telling me I don't have my head in the game.  I thought that was pretty good with just the ammo error.

and I thought I had that corrected TBH.  Seriously, I said I replaced the contents with the original item_ammo.txt and same issue

Update:

DERP

that was it, I guess I miscopied or something when I was testing, thanks.  Commit submitted.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:11:33 pm by thistleknot »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 08, 2014, 10:54:04 am »

Just for clarification, setting a creature to [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:5:5] will make that creature spawn in and populate hell, right?

So making a custom world with the number of demons set to 0 will make only the custom creatures populate hell and act like procedurally generated demons during world gen, right? Will these creatures also be used in the demon invasion when hell is first breached?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 08, 2014, 10:58:26 am »

It also needs [FLIER] to actually spawn out of breached adamantine spires iirc.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 08, 2014, 11:01:30 am »

That's planned to be added, yeah. Although now with climbing it may not be as essential.

anyone know what it is that sets world-gen demons to make vaults? Is it some tag or is it just that the demons are a denizen of hell?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #680 on: August 08, 2014, 11:12:10 am »

I would like a civ member not to chicken out and stop moving when he has a broken bone. Is there any way to do that? Even with NOFEAR they just stay in place until the bodypart got a splint/cast. And I think even very high healing rates on bones wont help.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 08, 2014, 11:22:24 am »

I would like a civ member not to chicken out and stop moving when he has a broken bone. Is there any way to do that? Even with NOFEAR they just stay in place until the bodypart got a splint/cast. And I think even very high healing rates on bones wont help.
Give them a few levels in natural skill in discipline. That should work.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 08, 2014, 11:22:41 am »

That's planned to be added, yeah. Although now with climbing it may not be as essential.

anyone know what it is that sets world-gen demons to make vaults? Is it some tag or is it just that the demons are a denizen of hell?

Only UNIQUE_DEMON types can do that, I think.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #683 on: August 08, 2014, 01:12:31 pm »

Discipline is used for them not to flee. It wont work on what I asked about. I want someone with a broken leg or arm to keep doing their jobs.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 08, 2014, 01:32:00 pm »

Discipline is used for them not to flee. It wont work on what I asked about. I want someone with a broken leg or arm to keep doing their jobs.
Maybe remove some combination of  [structural] [functional] [connective_tissue_anchor] [SETTABLE] [SPLINTABLE]?

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 08, 2014, 02:37:08 pm »

maybe NOPAIN or NONAUSEA?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #686 on: August 08, 2014, 02:54:30 pm »

The wiki says SETTABLE and SPLINTABLE in the tissue templates are responsible. I have to make a custom bone tissue template without these tags, and make the creature use those. Hope it works. Thanks Agent_Irons for the pointer in the right direction.

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 08, 2014, 04:02:42 pm »

Tileset/graphics question: its there a way to get rid somehow of these coloured fills (showing that item is covered by leaves or other things)?
Or at least to make them less visible.

▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 08, 2014, 06:03:32 pm »

What are the units for the last three numbers in the SKILL_RATE token? (that is, how fast do the three counters count down?)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #689 on: August 08, 2014, 06:51:28 pm »

Tileset/graphics question: its there a way to get rid somehow of these coloured fills (showing that item is covered by leaves or other things)?
Or at least to make them less visible.
Go to every leaf-dropping tree's
Code: [Select]
[GROWTH_TIMING:0:300000]
[GROWTH_PRINT:252:252:2:0:0:0:209999:1]
[GROWTH_PRINT:252:252:6:0:1:210000:239999:1] autumn color
[GROWTH_PRINT:252:252:4:0:1:240000:269999:1]
[GROWTH_PRINT:252:252:4:0:0:270000:300000:1]
[GROWTH_DROPS_OFF]
and either delete GROWTH_DROPS_OFF, or make the colors before the drop-off more pleasing to the eye (2:0:0 dark green, 4:0:0 dark red).
More explaining:
      [GROWTH_PRINT:'%' char(if zero,just color host) :7 char picked : color  4:0:1:   timing 120000: timing 200000: priority 3]
      Format here is character on branch, item character, 3 for color, season timing, print priority (higher better).
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 247