Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316820 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1650 on: December 06, 2014, 12:54:40 pm »

If I wanted to create a giant version of a wolf but call it a dire wolf instead of a giant wolf, what would I have to tweak for that?

You could either use [COPY_TAGS_FROM:WOLF] or simply copy and paste the entire raws in, and change the name and size. There's a body size tag, that's what you'll want to change.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: December 06, 2014, 12:55:18 pm »

Copy the wolf RAWs, change the SIZE to the apporpriate one (x10 of the basic value) and add in [LARGE_PREDATOR] tag for good measure. Also change the name, description and the RAW-name.
._.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: December 06, 2014, 01:39:46 pm »

Since the topic I made didn't get an answer, how do I add pets to specific civilizations?
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: December 06, 2014, 02:20:51 pm »

Since the topic I made didn't get an answer, how do I add pets to specific civilizations?

You cannot add creatures to specific civilizations through regular modding. Though I think that there may be a DFHack script that can do that.

The closest you can get with raw modding is influencing the types of pets a civilization may use through tags such as USE_GOOD_ANIMALS or USE_CAVE_ANIMALS.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 06, 2014, 02:43:55 pm »

Crap, that combined with the fact that you apparently can't have multiple creatures in one entity kinda ruins my plans.

Is using castes the only way to have different creatures under the same entity flag?
._.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: December 06, 2014, 03:08:32 pm »

Crap, that combined with the fact that you apparently can't have multiple creatures in one entity kinda ruins my plans.

Is using castes the only way to have different creatures under the same entity flag?

Unless there's been some changes that I'm unaware of that occurred after I last played, only your entity's main race will do work in Fort Mode. Other sentient races are treated as pets.

In case you didn't know, putting multiple creature lines under a single entity definition will just result in separate civilizations for each creature. It's somewhat unfortunate, since aside from their inhabitants, the civilizations produced are functionally identical.

Castes can be a way to work in multiple creature-types into one creature, though it has some issues, such as the fact that any caste can be born to any other caste.

There was an old DFHack plug-in that allowed multi-racial forts, but I don't know if it has been updated. I think it was called 'friendship', but I can't remember at the moment.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: December 06, 2014, 03:52:41 pm »

There is indeed an "AddPetToCiv" dfhack lua script in Masterwork, although with a couple others for mounts and stuff.  Check it out.  I don't know if it originates in the main DFHack or not, but it's pretty simple as far as scripts go and it's well commented, so it should be possible to adapt it to whatever you're doing.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 06, 2014, 05:17:40 pm »

How strongly do they conflict? Keep in mind how different dwarf and elf ethics are, and yet they're usually more or less at peace with each other. Try pushing the ethics conflicts to the extreme - either UNTHINKABLE or ACCEPTABLE.

If that doesn't work, you could always give some of them SKULKING or BABYSNATCHER, which will put them into the same 'faction' as kobolds and goblins, respectively.

Well, compare, I have three human civs, which have the following ethics:

Spoiler: First Civ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Second Civ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Third Civ (click to show/hide)

There's a lot of room for conflict here, but apparently there are only one or two wars in every world I gen. I don't want to add babysnatcher or anything like that, it would be inconsistent with the overall feeling of the civs. Maybe [SKULKING] could fit in some of them, but I'd rather know if there any other way to encourage fighting amongst them. I've added [SKULKING], [ITEM_THIEF] and even [LOCAL_BANDITRY] to the third civ to see what happens.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:32:06 pm by Eктωρ »
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: December 06, 2014, 05:42:39 pm »

Well, there's plenty of room to add more conflicts (lying, vandalism, trespassing, etc.) if you're so inclined.

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: December 06, 2014, 05:54:59 pm »

You could also push those ethics to the extremes - replace SHUN or MISGUIDED with UNTHINKABLE, change JUSTIFIED_WITH_GOOD_REASON to ACCEPTABLE/REQUIRED, etc. (afaik the only diff between those two is when defining combat ethics - if KILL_ENEMY is REQUIRED they'll be unable to to yield or give quarter, but otherwise they're treated the same when it comes to wars)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: December 07, 2014, 01:29:22 am »

Are metal skeleton people viable? I'm trying to make Terminators in 34.11
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: December 07, 2014, 01:39:57 am »

Yes, definitely, replace BONE with a metal, why 0.34.11?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: December 07, 2014, 01:57:23 am »

Thanks, and 34.11 is because I like it more. Is there a fix for how breakable creatures made of a inorganic tend to be?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: December 07, 2014, 01:44:27 pm »

Is there a way to get a creature to throw boulders? Like a fireball, but boulder tossing instead?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 247