Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316649 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2385 on: April 10, 2015, 07:10:46 pm »

I'd test it if I could get a world with vampires, a fortress vampire, and a way to monitor slowdown.

As I was typing this I realized I could just look at the vamp's profile and see how long it's been since they had a drink. I know Doomforests has a vampire - do you think I could change it post-gen?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: April 10, 2015, 08:11:50 pm »

Hmmm, anyone know if there is a consistent way to get syndromes which grant titles overwrite the title from the previous one?

Not a question itself, but I find it weird that the procedurally generated necromancer interaction prevents you from becoming thirsty or hungry ever, while simply putting no_eat/drink on an interaction will keep you from getting hungry/thirsty as you run around, the indicators still show up while traveling/resting in adventurer mode.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: April 10, 2015, 11:10:30 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that [CHEESE_PLANT] on a creature material will never stockpile but appear in the appropriate stockpile options? Kind of want further confirmation for 2 reasons:
1. Laziness: I get fps at around 50 or so (craptop) at embark and I've already changed my files.
2. Really small on as potential bugs go and not willing to put it on the tracker without confirmation.

Not a question itself, but I find it weird that the procedurally generated necromancer interaction prevents you from becoming thirsty or hungry ever, while simply putting no_eat/drink on an interaction will keep you from getting hungry/thirsty as you run around, the indicators still show up while traveling/resting in adventurer mode.
That is very interesting and something I never knew about.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: April 11, 2015, 12:56:53 am »

Hmmm, if you let them go far enough to start turning purple you'll actually get pulled out of travel mode due to "hunger/thirst" but then when you wait a tick or take a step they go away.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: April 11, 2015, 11:24:58 pm »

Do towers specifically require animated dead to construct? If you have a secret that raises corpses into entities without the [NOT_LIVING] token, possibly with a [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION] thrown in, will it still amass an army and build towers?

Because there are certain things I could do if that's the case.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: April 11, 2015, 11:36:20 pm »

They just have to be able to animate corpses.

I don't believe that what happens to the corpses in the interaction matters.

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: April 12, 2015, 12:00:49 am »

Do towers specifically require animated dead to construct? If you have a secret that raises corpses into entities without the [NOT_LIVING] token, possibly with a [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION] thrown in, will it still amass an army and build towers?

Because there are certain things I could do if that's the case.

Just genned a world with the following added interactions:
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:AILUROMANCY]
[I_SOURCE:SECRET]
[IS_NAME:the secrets of cats]
[IS_SPHERE:FORTRESSES]
[IS_SECRET_GOAL:IMMORTALITY]
[IS_SECRET:SUPERNATURAL_LEARNING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RESEARCH_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_TEACHING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_instruction.txt:objects/text/secret_death.txt]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_SPEAK]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Ailuromancer]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_DISPLAY_TILE:TILE:165:5:0:1:START:0]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:ailuromancer:ailuromancers:ailuromantic:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NOEXERT:NO_AGING:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Felify corpse]
[CDI:INTERACTION:AILUROMANCER_RAISE]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:10]
[CDI:VERB:gesture:gestures:NA]
[CDI:TARGET_VERB:shudder and begin to move:shudders and begins to move]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]

[INTERACTION:AILUROMANCER_RAISE]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:corpses]
[I_EFFECT:ANIMATE]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Felified corpse]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0][CE:CREATURE:CAT:MALE]

An ailuromancer built a tower, so it seems like it works.

EDIT: I just went to the ailuromancer tower in advmode, and I should note that the cats there are being referred to as "Cat Corpse"s, which may end up feeling a little weird depending on what it is you're trying to do.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:08:33 am by Klisz »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: April 12, 2015, 08:39:31 am »

If you make the interaction resurrect instead of animate, will it still build towers?

Glatux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: April 12, 2015, 10:11:35 am »

I'm working on an interaction that make someone able to spit poisonous gas, is there a way to make the creature immune to the poison it learn to emit (since TRAILING_X_FLOW and UNDIRECTED_X always caught the emitter in it)

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: April 12, 2015, 12:37:32 pm »

I'm working on an interaction that make someone able to spit poisonous gas, is there a way to make the creature immune to the poison it learn to emit (since TRAILING_X_FLOW and UNDIRECTED_X always caught the emitter in it)
remove the [CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON] or use [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:ADDER:ALL]
the second one is the most effective, although in both cases all of that race will be immune
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: April 12, 2015, 12:56:08 pm »

Getting rid of the creature class also makes it totally impervious to just about every poison, toxin and contaminant the base game throws at you. Better to use option #2.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: April 12, 2015, 01:31:03 pm »

Getting rid of the creature class also makes it totally impervious to just about every poison, toxin and contaminant the base game throws at you. Better to use option #2.
thanks for posting that, forgot to add that to my post  :P
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: April 12, 2015, 01:48:59 pm »

is there a way to allow DF to ignore all rejection values without having to wait like 2000 rejects? i am trying to make a pocket world jammed with evil creatures for me to slay

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: April 12, 2015, 02:15:31 pm »

Every time I apply a graphics pack to the game, everything is affected except for the animal tiles. They still show up as letters. Changing print modes doesn't seem to affect anything but the menu text. I have tried using a brand new Phoebus pack that was not included with LNP, but it had the same results.

I realize I am being vague, but any idea what's going on here?
using pyLNP 0.9.5a for DF 0.40.24

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: April 12, 2015, 03:48:00 pm »

Are there graphics for the creatures in the raw/graphics folder, and are the files set up properly?

Did you enable graphics in the init files?
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 247