Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316728 times)

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3015 on: July 17, 2015, 11:06:42 pm »

Is it possible to create body parts with custom tissue layers, such that a damaged organ would release syndrome material? That way a vital organ (such as a heart) could trigger the regeneration effect when damaged.
This wiki link might help
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

I have my time lords working the way I want them now: damage to liver, stomach, either heart, or either lung releases "regeneration energy" gas which applies syndromes to Time Lords and makes them regenerate, along with blinding random people in awesome yellow light show (Urist McTimelord is caught in a cloud of regeneration energy!). There's also a 10% chance of turning into the opposite gender, although I don't know whether it'll work properly the way I set it up, which is like this (the depleted caste doesn't have regeneration energy layers):
Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:regeneration]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:TIMELORD:MALE]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:10:START:1]  --10% chance of changing gender
[CE:CREATURE:TIMELORD:FEMALE_DEPLETED]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:1]
[CE:CREATURE:TIMELORD:MALE_DEPLETED]
There's a duplicate syndrome for the opposite gender, of course. Would this work as intended?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:17:54 am by thegamemaster1234 »

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: July 18, 2015, 07:45:06 am »

I'm having an issue with a Sangheili fortress mod. Recently a migrant wave with babies came, and nobody fed them, so they all dehydrated. They weren't orphans, and there is plenty of food and water. It may be an issue with the fact that they lay eggs, or the clutch size that they have. Here's the creature, in case I'm missing something else that's obvious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And if there's anything else I've done wrong, I'd love some suggestions/advice.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: July 18, 2015, 08:00:12 am »

I'm having an issue with a Sangheili fortress mod. Recently a migrant wave with babies came, and nobody fed them, so they all dehydrated. They weren't orphans, and there is plenty of food and water. It may be an issue with the fact that they lay eggs, or the clutch size that they have. Here's the creature, in case I'm missing something else that's obvious.

-snip-
[BABY:13]
-snip-
Dwarf Fortress probably isn't smart enough to tell that they're still babies since no DF race has the baby stage for that long; it's normally one year (0) while your babies go up to 14 years old. Try changing the token to [BABY:0] and see if that helps. My point is that babies shouldn't be arriving with migrants in the first place, as migrants are coded to run to your base and nothing else; babies aren't physically capable of walking there. Or at least, that's how it used to be; if 40.x changed things with that, I don't know what's going on. And if the babies were being carried and made it into the fortress (instead of staying outside starving) then I really don't know what's going on.

You've also got an incorrect usage of "it's." *shiver* (I see this everywhere. Just remember, "it's" is "it is," while "its" shows possession)
The extremely long child phase and sheer number of them will promote danger rooms or other ways to get rid of them (or outright abortion through egg destruction).
Lack of PROFESSION_NAME tokens means you may be having "hammerman" Sangheili. Ex. [PROFESSION_NAME:HAMMERMAN:hammerseng]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:24:02 am by thegamemaster1234 »

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: July 18, 2015, 08:30:17 am »

-snip-
[BABY:13]
-snip-
Dwarf Fortress probably isn't smart enough to tell that they're still babies since no DF race has the baby stage for that long; it's normally one year (0) while your babies go up to 14 years old.

You've also got an incorrect usage of "it's." *shiver*
The extremely long child phase and sheer number of them will promote danger rooms or other ways to get rid of them (or outright abortion through egg destruction).
Lack of PROFESSION_NAME tokens means you may be having "hammerman" Sangheili. Ex. [PROFESSION_NAME:HAMMERMAN:hammerseng]

Ah, I'll change the baby stage back to one year then.
My goodness, I always thought that "It's" could be used in that manner. Looking it up, you're right. That's going to take some getting used to.
I hope it won't come to that, but this being DF, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with a Sangsplosion of sorts.
I didn't know profession names were described in the creature itself. I changed the noble professions, but I'll look into adding a few altered profession names. Thanks for the help.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: July 19, 2015, 11:18:29 am »

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to place this, but ah well.
So, I've been managing a rather successful fortress of egg-laying aliens. But recently I've been having trouble breeding them, and I've no idea how to successfully do so. It is said that the mother of the eggs can not leave the nest box, but I'm afraid they might dehydrate if I force them to stay in the egg room, and they can't move to a stockpile of booze. I'm sure there are multiple other issues that I should know of, and I could use suggestions on this.
Apologies if this is the wrong forum/subforum/thread.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: July 19, 2015, 12:36:47 pm »

So, I've been managing a rather successful fortress of egg-laying aliens. But recently I've been having trouble breeding them, and I've no idea how to successfully do so. It is said that the mother of the eggs can not leave the nest box, but I'm afraid they might dehydrate if I force them to stay in the egg room, and they can't move to a stockpile of booze. I'm sure there are multiple other issues that I should know of, and I could use suggestions on this.
The mother can leave briefly, but if you want to go all belt-and-suspenders about it just stockpile some food and booze adjacent to the nestbox, and maybe even put a table there.  Not sure if the game is smart enough to treat the nestbox as a chair, so you might need one of those too.

The bigger danger to egg-layers is Urist McFoodhauler.  Forbid the eggs from the kitchens menu and the food stockpiles, and some locked doors and/or burrows may be in order.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: July 19, 2015, 02:17:35 pm »

The mother can leave briefly, but if you want to go all belt-and-suspenders about it just stockpile some food and booze adjacent to the nestbox, and maybe even put a table there.  Not sure if the game is smart enough to treat the nestbox as a chair, so you might need one of those too.

The bigger danger to egg-layers is Urist McFoodhauler.  Forbid the eggs from the kitchens menu and the food stockpiles, and some locked doors and/or burrows may be in order.

I feel like an idiot, thanks. Glad I didn't keep them in the empty room hoping they wouldn't dehydrate before summer.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: July 19, 2015, 02:25:25 pm »

I feel like an idiot, thanks.
DF wasn't designed for egg-laying citizens, and it's a wonder it can work at all let alone being within a mile of intuitive.
Glad I didn't keep them in the empty room hoping they wouldn't dehydrate before summer.
That world had better have some seriously awesome Mother's Day presents.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: July 19, 2015, 11:33:38 pm »

Can I have a vermin extract like a fire snake's extract, but have that make a dye? I'd like to make a purple dye come from a type of slug, historically purple dye came from slug poop.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: July 20, 2015, 05:39:39 pm »

Can I have a vermin extract like a fire snake's extract, but have that make a dye? I'd like to make a purple dye come from a type of slug, historically purple dye came from slug poop.
While I am not sure if you can do as you ask, I am quite sure you can always make a reaction to turn the extract into dye.

EDIT: clarified a bit
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:13:35 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: July 20, 2015, 06:12:25 pm »

Maybe there could also be a giant version, that you can milk the extract like a cow from.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: July 20, 2015, 06:39:01 pm »

I'm trying to make a Dalek, based on an older mod that added them, but I wanted to replace the built-in weapons and armor so they could be outfitted instead (to provide variation and difficulty in fort mode). Problem is, without a weapon, they're still completely capable of pushing you and... caving your skull in?! Any way to stop such attacks entirely or make them totally useless?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: July 20, 2015, 06:42:57 pm »

Don't let the name fool you; a push is more of a full-on body slam.

Since a push is only used in the absence of any other attacks, try giving them a single, weak natural attack they can use.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: July 20, 2015, 06:44:36 pm »

try using the black powder firearms mod for inspiration too, those are good attacks for a Dalek. Also, try making a cyberman race too. Let's see how many Daleks it takes to take out them all.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: July 20, 2015, 07:59:02 pm »

try using the black powder firearms mod for inspiration too, those are good attacks for a Dalek. Also, try making a cyberman race too. Let's see how many Daleks it takes to take out them all.
Cybermen were present in the same mod I got the base Daleks from, though both races are having their armor separated from their bodies; Daleks will be able to wear lower-tier metals than Dalekanium (and upgrade to candy later), and I have ideas for Cybermen to be able to wear wood armor like one did in that one christmas special. Though the races won't be totally accurate that way, I figured they would be more interesting to play in fort mode, which is the idea. Once they're finalized with unique weapons, buildings, and other various stuff, I may release a Doctor Who conversion mod!

Black Powder Firearms is what I'm going to base most of the human weaponry off of, though more modern. If I decide on using DFhack I could possibly make flamethrowers and true rocket launchers, and I might anyway due to conversions and cloning.

Giving the Daleks a very weak attack could be just as easy as [ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:1] (x0.001) right? They would then (correctly) not have enough force to actually damage anything. EDIT: I did that (with a new attack) and now they "weakly push" each other all day :P fixed using [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:10000] to spread out impact

Spoiler: Me fixing supid stuff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:31:12 pm by thegamemaster1234 »
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 247