Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316751 times)

Taylor_Lust

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3555 on: November 06, 2015, 03:32:55 am »

Hello. How I can realize the cave fear, like humans dizzi syndroms, in MasterWork? I though it must be interaction with type "undeground_special"(but it seems not right way) or to find and change cave adaptation(but where is it?)? How it really supposed to work? :-\

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: November 06, 2015, 07:26:08 pm »

I got another question. Is there any way to change, uh, how to say it, "class names"? Like, instead of the game showing "Crossbowman" make it say "Musketeer"

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: November 06, 2015, 07:46:33 pm »

I got another question. Is there any way to change, uh, how to say it, "class names"? Like, instead of the game showing "Crossbowman" make it say "Musketeer"
Code: [Select]
[PROFESSION_NAME:CROSSBOWMAN:marksdwarf:marksdwarves] [PROFESSION_NAME:MASTER_CROSSBOWMAN:Elite Marksdwarf:Elite Marksdwarves]Substitute as necessary.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: November 06, 2015, 08:14:40 pm »

[PROFESSION_NAME:CROSSBOWMAN:marksdwarf:marksdwarves] [PROFESSION_NAME:MASTER_CROSSBOWMAN:Elite Marksdwarf:Elite Marksdwarves]Substitute as necessary.

Thanks!

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: November 07, 2015, 01:50:46 am »

I somewhat doubt it, but is it possible to create a material that can be used in weapons that could burn/catch targets on fire?
I had one that would catch fire immediately, but it ended up burning the wielder and nobody else. Just hoping I'm overlooking something major so I can get this to work.

Also, is it possible to edit the "I know you already" greeting speech? I found the introduction-y speech, but not the "Hello Urist McUristUrist, it is good to see you." one.

Any help is appreciated.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: November 07, 2015, 02:10:33 am »

no

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: November 07, 2015, 02:25:56 am »

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: November 07, 2015, 09:26:08 pm »

And another question because I'm stupid, is there a way to give a creature an interaction that can turn an item into a creature? I'm working on an extended fantasy-y mod, and want to allow some wizards to create Bronze and Iron colossi. Colossus'? Them.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: November 07, 2015, 09:28:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:35:59 pm by TheFlame52 »

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: November 07, 2015, 09:31:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't think it's possible to have things pop up in the circus. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a biome.

Also, spoilers.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:41:14 pm by ThatZommy »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: November 07, 2015, 09:35:47 pm »

Let me chuck cavern level 5 on blood thorns and see if they show up.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: November 07, 2015, 09:55:55 pm »

Its a selectable cavern layer. Though the lack of mud and soil makes it unlikely.

@Zommy: only selectable item I know of for interactions is selecting a corpse for resurrection or animation.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: November 07, 2015, 10:04:23 pm »

Its a selectable cavern layer. Though the lack of mud and soil makes it unlikely.

@Zommy: only selectable item I know of for interactions is selecting a corpse for resurrection or animation.

Darn. Thanks, I'll just say creating the colossus requires a sacrifice or something.
And sorry for the misinformation.

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: November 07, 2015, 10:40:42 pm »

Making plants looks so much more complicated these days... Can MILL or EXTRACT_BARREL/EXTRACT_STILL etc. be applied just to a specific plant growth? Say, if I wanted to be able to make dye from walnut fruits, or cocoa butter from cocoa beans.

Edit: Though I'm using Modest Mod, so I guess I'd use the dye reaction from that for the walnuts, and that's easy. What about the cocoa butter, can I do that without writing a new reaction?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:45:42 pm by InsanityPrelude »
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: November 07, 2015, 11:04:10 pm »

Making plants looks so much more complicated these days... Can MILL or EXTRACT_BARREL/EXTRACT_STILL etc. be applied just to a specific plant growth? Say, if I wanted to be able to make dye from walnut fruits, or cocoa butter from cocoa beans.

Edit: Though I'm using Modest Mod, so I guess I'd use the dye reaction from that for the walnuts, and that's easy. What about the cocoa butter, can I do that without writing a new reaction?

I wish I could help, but I've barely touched plantlife. Sorry.

And also sorry for practically spamming this thread, but I have another question. I'm working on the colossus summoning interaction, but I've barely touched interactions, so I think I'm doing something really stupid. I'm trying to make an interaction that can turn a corpse into a creature, but I've become completely confused. If anyone could take a quick look and tell me what I've done wrong here, I'd very much appreciate it.

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:SUMMON_IRON]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Summon Iron Colossus]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:GRASP]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:MAJOR_CURSE]
[CDI:VERB:Summon an Iron Colossus:Summons an Iron Colossus:NA]
  [CDI:TARGET:C:TOUCHABLE]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:3]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:100]

The wiki seems to say that some tokens can't be defined within the creature, but I've no idea where to put them (If I'm correct). And the tokens that I'm guessing can be defined in the creature don't allow for targeting corpses or useage outside of fighting.
In other words, I'm completely confused. I've no doubt it's an obvious mistake that I just can't see, but I've gained a headache and am rather irritated now.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 247