Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 439976 times)

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #375 on: August 11, 2014, 11:37:06 am »

How do you look at a worlds gods?

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #376 on: August 11, 2014, 11:52:27 am »

Either legends mode, or looking at the dwarves' relationships.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 11, 2014, 12:39:31 pm »

Where in legends?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 11, 2014, 01:00:58 pm »

Where in legends?
Historical figures. You can filter the results which can help search for them if you know names. They're mixed in with the 'first of their kind' sentients.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 11, 2014, 01:07:29 pm »

Where in legends?
Historical figures. You can filter the results which can help search for them if you know names. They're mixed in with the 'first of their kind' sentients.

I don't get any hits for 'god' 'deity' 'religion' 'religious'.

I can find them the hardway, scrolling through all the figures, I also noticed dwarven goddesses are mostly depicted as symbolizing wealth, jewels, greed, money, etc. Ok correction it seems it's common with humans to.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:12:15 pm by locustgate »

badwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 11, 2014, 01:47:41 pm »

Hmm, adding a keybinding for a workshop option?  That requires a touch of modding.

If still interested:  you probably cant reach all the vanilla workshops and wont be able to put shortcuts on some stuff, theres certain hardcode going on.

The folder DwarfFortress/objects/raw contains a reaction_other text file. open that in notepad or similar.  First two entries are going to be milling seeds and cooking fat for a vanilla DF.  You might notice the lines
[BUILDING:QUERN:CUSTOM_S]  and [BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_R]
Thats how those keybindings you want are assigned.  It will support i believe ctrl+, shift+, alt+, but you'd have to dig the syntax up from somewhere.  You can assign to any workshop task you might create for a mod workshop, and you could alter/add to any vanilla reaction exposed like this in your RAWs, but a great number of the vanilla shops and reactions dont appear anywhere in the RAWs, its compiled in somewhere.  Your two examples for instance.  wheelbarrow is carpenter, I know you cant touch carpenter, you'd have to give wheelbarrows to another workshop entirely (and write a custom reaction since there is no wheelbarrow reaction in the raws), rock pot is craftsdwarf and i know you can do some tricks with that shop since i've seen them modded.  That particular reaction however....

Explore the reaction RAWs, try the modding forum for further help.

Thanks a lot for the reply! I've only touched on RAWs before so perhaps I'll explore them a little more now.

Quitschi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 11, 2014, 06:17:21 pm »

Is there a way to make your dorfs put cut clay into a stockpile?

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 11, 2014, 09:32:37 pm »

I just got my first caravan and I haven't gotten a liaison, I looked at my entity list and my civ only has a baron and a king, different people.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 11, 2014, 09:35:37 pm »

I forgot to check the neighbouring factions to my fortress before i embarked. Is there a way to see if my fortress is near a necromancer tower, human civilization etc. once i have already embarked and built my fortress? I have just found adamantine so things are going very well.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #384 on: August 12, 2014, 06:36:20 am »

Where in legends?

I don't get any hits for 'god' 'deity' 'religion' 'religious'.

I can find them the hardway, scrolling through all the figures, I also noticed dwarven goddesses are mostly depicted as symbolizing wealth, jewels, greed, money, etc. Ok correction it seems it's common with humans to.
Actually, I just discovered something:
If you gen the world with history set to unrevealed, the only historical figures noted in Legends are the gods! The XML dump still reveals everything, so world-viewer/ legends viewer still has all the details.

Also, I have plenty of godesses associated with travel or hunt or whatever.

EDIT: They also show up in the history.txt, though it only notes the sphere and the civilisation. (This also notes the kings)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:41:16 am by therahedwig »
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 12, 2014, 07:45:35 am »

I just got my first caravan and I haven't gotten a liaison, I looked at my entity list and my civ only has a baron and a king, different people.

I just checked the legends, civ had a necromancer queen and general, till they were killed. They gained a diplomat and liaison in 100, the embark year. And both the diplomat and liaison died, in the same region......AND the civ has been conquered by necromancers, Conquered 1 month after the caravan arrived..
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:03:18 am by locustgate »

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 12, 2014, 07:53:02 am »

Is there a way to make your dorfs put cut clay into a stockpile?

Clay can be stored in a 'stone' stockpile.  Make sure you pause the game before designating a stone pile so that you are able to adjust it's settings (q-s) before your dwarves get it into their head to fill it with every rock in the fort.  Clay is in there somewhere, so you can get a clay-only pile with the right setting.  If i remember the way clay gather works then the dwarf gathering will leave the boulders at the actual zone, a hauler will be tasked to move it to the pile
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:54:58 am by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Feco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 12, 2014, 12:31:28 pm »

Playing .08 and can't seem to get a world to gen with goblins in it.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I'm just using the standard "Create a New World!" option.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #388 on: August 12, 2014, 12:47:39 pm »

Playing .08 and can't seem to get a world to gen with goblins in it.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I'm just using the standard "Create a New World!" option.
Goblin's seem to be an either world domination or none kind of thing. Either these guys are overbreeding, or they get unlucky and come across a forgotten beast early on which destroys the whole bunch.

Feco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 12, 2014, 12:57:35 pm »

Goblin's seem to be an either world domination or none kind of thing. Either these guys are overbreeding, or they get unlucky and come across a forgotten beast early on which destroys the whole bunch.

Just opened .07 and they seem to gen alright, at least most of the time.  I've tried maybe 30 or 40 in .08 and there are no Goblins, Kobolds, or Towers.  Doesn't seem to line up with the few changes that were made.  I'm wondering if it has to do with the tileset replacing something it shouldn't have... I'll look into that.

EDIT: Reinstalled with a new tileset and it works fine.  Must have screwed something up myself.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 01:01:50 pm by Feco »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 268