Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 440057 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #2895 on: June 24, 2016, 02:13:52 pm »

I've started using a "mass cage" for animals to help with FPS but how do I "uncage" individual animals from the "mass cage"?
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: June 24, 2016, 03:22:28 pm »

Unassign them from the cage and assign to a pasture/pit/rope individually.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: June 25, 2016, 03:33:25 pm »

I built two barracks, one aboveground and one below. My idea was to have the squads alternate months training underground and aboveground to avoid cave adaptation while protecting both the surface and deep fortress.

Now that I'm trying to schedule it, I'm suddenly not sure that's actually possible. Can you schedule training at a specific barracks, or are your only options "any assigned barracks" or "none"?

I know I could just keep manually reassigning which barracks are available for training for which squads but that's a huge pain in the butt. :-\

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: June 25, 2016, 11:50:46 pm »

I built two barracks, one aboveground and one below. My idea was to have the squads alternate months training underground and aboveground to avoid cave adaptation while protecting both the surface and deep fortress.

Now that I'm trying to schedule it, I'm suddenly not sure that's actually possible. Can you schedule training at a specific barracks, or are your only options "any assigned barracks" or "none"?

I know I could just keep manually reassigning which barracks are available for training for which squads but that's a huge pain in the butt. :-\
I'm not sure. I personally use a Mixed order like:
Train, 6 minimum
Station at Cavern Entrance, 4 minimum

The live training of the cavern should suffice.
(Defend burrows might protect the cavern better, but I've already lost enough dwarves to climb-exhaust-drowning. Maybe swim training would mitigate it. As I recall, a certain level of swimmer prevents drowning even while unconscious.)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:56:29 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Tecknitian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: June 26, 2016, 10:37:53 am »

Can you prevent cave spider bites with a full suit of armor (not of the giant variety)? I wanted to make a silk farm with regular cave spiders but I didn't really want silk spinners being bitten and having to make sure that silk spinner never got x job in the future.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 02:59:47 pm by Tecknitian »

Tregh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: June 27, 2016, 03:17:53 pm »

How do I re-enable the remove construction (d-n)?

The job of removing a floortile somehow got cancelled and turned red. How do I restart the job? I can't seem to remove it.

I'm running 42.06.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: June 27, 2016, 04:14:31 pm »

The job of removing a floortile somehow got cancelled and turned red. How do I restart the job? I can't seem to remove it.

I'm running 42.06.

Turned red implies that what you're looking at is instead a floor that only exists because of a constructed wall underneath it, not a constructed floor. Try building something there.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Tregh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: June 27, 2016, 05:40:33 pm »

I'm running 42.06.

Turned red implies that what you're looking at is instead a floor that only exists because of a constructed wall underneath it, not a constructed floor. Try building something there.

Don't I feel stupid. Thanks!  :)

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: June 28, 2016, 02:42:22 am »

The outpost liaison played with dwarves in the tavern and left with the only Farash in the fortress.

Is there a workaround to keep instrument from theft?
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: June 28, 2016, 02:51:54 am »

The outpost liaison played with dwarves in the tavern and left with the only Farash in the fortress.

Is there a workaround to keep instrument from theft?

When in doubt, build stationary instruments instead. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: June 28, 2016, 02:59:32 am »

Thanks, that's great idea!
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: June 28, 2016, 04:07:19 am »

Do visitors count towards the "danger meter" of the site?

I have an undead siege around (arrived first year), but visitors keep coming and standing on map edge to get killed by zombies, it's already over 2 pages of deceased humans. I am really low on dwarfpower, 7 starting + 3 migrants, and wonder if I will get more migrants or should I just abandon and not wait it out.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: June 28, 2016, 05:08:58 am »

Can necromancers raise clowns? I've noticed them going in the corpses stockpile and I can't butcher them.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: June 28, 2016, 08:27:52 am »

Can necromancers raise clowns? I've noticed them going in the corpses stockpile and I can't butcher them.

Pretty sure clowns have the NOT_LIVING tag to make them un-raisable, so you should be safe.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: June 29, 2016, 03:24:53 am »

Pretty sure clowns have the NOT_LIVING tag to make them un-raisable, so you should be safe.
No more clown roasts then.

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 268