Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 440019 times)

solarfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #3030 on: October 26, 2016, 07:25:04 am »

Hi everybody,

I have a question about Quantum stockpile.
I love this, very helpful to stock stuff . But when I try to create a seed QSP (no bin / barrel), it never seems to work. Seeds are stocked on the first pile, but never hauled and dumped on the final destination stockpile.
I double/triple checked everything, I don't know what I am missing.

Has someone ever managed to make it work ?

Thanks !

vexxice

• Bay Watcher
  • Traveling at the speed of Urist (not that fast)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: October 26, 2016, 09:18:40 am »

No. You can't dig building squares (which is sometimes real nice with ramps and temporary stockpiles).

For next time with that structure, you can remove constructed tiles under buildings - such as downstairs - to return the tile to open space, floor or dug downstairs.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: October 26, 2016, 05:15:26 pm »

when I try to create a seed QSP (no bin / barrel), it never seems to work. Seeds are stocked on the first pile, but never hauled and dumped on the final destination stockpile.

Dwarves really, really want to store seeds in bags. They will not place unbagged seeds in a barrel, and it's quite possible that they refuse to place unbagged seeds in a minecart as well. I don't think the bags are assigned to the stockpile (unlike barrels) so it may be possible to quantum stockpile seeds if you have enough bags to hold 'em all.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: October 26, 2016, 10:01:43 pm »

@solarfall: Mirrors my experiences for individual seeds and minecarts. Seed bags are stockpiled fine though with that, or you may be able to use water-based QSP especially if you have an aquifer handy. (Screw pump turned on by a citizen-operated pressure plate that pushes seeds stockpiled in front of it onto stockpile/downstairs few tiles away, with downstairs leading to drainage)

That said, given how you can probably fit all your seed bags into 1-2 barrels, it might be prudent to ask if you want to stockpile them thus. If all your farms are close to each other and you run only 1 farmer, perhaps consider default stockpiling methods.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 10:04:45 pm by Fleeting Frames »

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: October 27, 2016, 03:44:35 am »

But when I try to create a seed QSP (no bin / barrel), it never seems to work. Seeds are stocked on the first pile, but never hauled and dumped on the final destination stockpile.

You're not missing anything.  Don't bother.  I use QS everywhere, but never for seeds.  I make a two plot stockpile next to the farm in question, forbid barrels, only allow that particular seed for that particular farm plot, and never worry about it again.  It'll get filled with a bag or two and I get occasional spam messages when a hauler heads to the brewer/kitchen to get more of them.

Kat1e

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: October 27, 2016, 12:13:36 pm »

I'm trying to set up a manager order to automate weapon production if the available unequipped weapon stockpile falls below 10, but I can't seem to find a trait for 'unequipped' or 'in stockpile' or 'available to be equipped' ... something along those lines at least.

Does anyone know of a trait or other method I can use to set up this order?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: October 27, 2016, 09:19:47 pm »

You can't check in individual stockpiles with manager - need stockflow plugin for that - but it only counts for unclaimed gear by default.

chesse20

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: October 28, 2016, 03:32:32 am »

do filled coffins count as furnature that adds to room value for bedrooms? ive just been putting coffins into bedrooms to save space and i was wondering if that helped with the room value at all

solarfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: October 28, 2016, 03:48:16 pm »

Thanks for your answers guys !  :D

RattyB

• Bay Watcher
  • Help.
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #3039 on: October 28, 2016, 04:00:38 pm »

do filled coffins count as furnature that adds to room value for bedrooms? ive just been putting coffins into bedrooms to save space and i was wondering if that helped with the room value at all
Yep. Coffins (engraved slabs even more) are considered furniture, and will raise the value of a room, if barely. Jewel-encrusting always helps.

Hope this helps,
RattyB
Good day to you, sir!

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: October 30, 2016, 11:28:01 pm »

Is there a reliable way to stop caravans from coming (from all races)? I tried to delete [ACTIVE_SEASON] in entity_default, but dwarven caravan ignored it and came to my fortress.

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: November 01, 2016, 06:54:48 am »

Can someone walk me through the finer points of gravedigging? My dwarves ignore a corpse (visitor, family of one of my dwarves) and don't bury it nor can I assign a tomb to it, while I could engrave a slab. It is within reach and dwarves are not set to ignore corpses.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: November 01, 2016, 04:37:26 pm »

Can someone walk me through the finer points of gravedigging? My dwarves ignore a corpse (visitor, family of one of my dwarves) and don't bury it nor can I assign a tomb to it, while I could engrave a slab. It is within reach and dwarves are not set to ignore corpses.

Visitors who are arriving or leaving don't get buried, as far as I know. Unburied visitors don't seem to cause ghosts in my most recent fort. A google search pulled up this thread for more information/data points on visitor burial (but no firm conclusions...) http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154987.0

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: November 03, 2016, 09:34:41 am »

Does anyone know what happens when a ridden minecart collides with another minecart? (Background: I would like to measure the weight of dwarves.)

lobster1050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: November 04, 2016, 07:52:35 am »

How to catch a fire snake with animal trap? Meat just rot off, no snakes. Tried diffirent baits - same result. Do I need to pump magma off and set baited animal traps directly in the magma sea?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 07:55:08 am by lobster1050 »
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 268