Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1847298 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2970 on: December 08, 2015, 09:30:46 am »

By fixing the militia armor bug do you mean the old bug of them not wearing armor properly or something new? Does armor work fine now?
The armor works just fine, and it always has.  The problem is the dwarf who never learned to wear it properly :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Laughingdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: December 08, 2015, 09:31:06 am »

I had kind of a different sort of question regarding legends and site exports. I know the exports are incomplete and have been for a while, but as my project involves them I wanted to ask anyway:

1. Currently, the coordinates output in the Legends.xml file for sites are very imprecise and can be off by a substantial amount from where the site actually is in-game. Is there a plan to remedy this? Like, accuracy to at least the tenths or hundredths place instead of to the ones place.

2. Region borders are not exported at all. Is there a plan to implement this?
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: December 08, 2015, 12:06:56 pm »

It's my first post in FOF so my brain is full of questions and I hope that at least for a portion of the questions I get answers...
All we know that the most bugged game mode is generation of the world,especially in-game generation after retiring fortress and so on. I have seen bugs than alive dwarwes dying two or more times after retiring fortress(i meant without zombification) I have seen hostile to civ nobles that live in your fortress, that fighting with each other after unretirng and more and more...
Firstly about previos 40.24 version.
1. Will we ever have possibility to ask "What's happening?" or at least "to whom you serve?"in adventure mode?
2. I have seen a lot of loyalty cascade in adventure mode, for example than i rescued all merchants(about hubdred) from market and lord and some priests from temple, i created a band, captured hall. After it i leave the hall and one o priests that follows me tink that now he is lord... they started argue(i meant only speaking, it was in 40.24) and after hour IRL of shouting "I hear ... became a lord" they started a fight. After some point more and more merchants draws their knives... and after 10 minets IRL of fighting and about thousands pages of logs they killed my compainons and me. That's happened? In Legends i find only "Violent disagrement"
3.Is now any ingame method in adventure to understand to that faction nps belongs?
4.Why then you asked vampire about itelf in menu "ask about someone" he said : Vampire ... - it's me.
5. If you hear that army moving to settlement, how fast it will travel? Should you wait for weeks? For mounths?Will it come or not if you in settlement? Can player see how invaders capture the hall? Or it's only in abstract?
6. If you kill anyone you see in camp of marsing army, is it stop? Or enemies will load from absrtract to real and continue marsh after you leave camp?

Now about 42.xx
7.If i order "to wait" me for rescued that has no family, in fortress and after it retire adventurer and unretire fortress... will him/they asked to be migrants?
8.That reasons using mayor to accept this if fortress retired?
9.That i need to do to see negative effects of alchogol to dwarves in fortress mode? If i created a burrow with one barrel of any kind of wine/beer/etc will it work?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: December 08, 2015, 12:25:59 pm »

Concerning the whole "whom do you serve" thing, you can do a little detective work to root out a travelers allegiance. If you know about any events involving bandits harassing towns, that will identify the relevant bandit leader in the line itself. Then if you ask that person for their opinion on that person, you know you've struck paydirt if their response is something like "The Arghs of Blargh are my comrades."

If the only events you're aware of are "bandits present in a camp" events, you'll have to spread the bandit events as a rumor, then the following screen should include the options to ask about the whereabouts of one of more people who are in change of that camp. Then you proceed to step two as usual, until the poor sap blurts out who their allies are.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: December 08, 2015, 05:47:31 pm »

With some dwarves finding life in specific fortress giving them too much stress, in future versions will they be able to decide, if things are too much for them, to leave your fortress and migrate into another one in hope for a better life ?

edit : oops noticed that question was already asked a few posts before
Right now we can accept people into our fort and they will be sad being separated from loved ones. Will dwarves ever immigrate to our fortress to be with their families? Also, will dwarves ever emigrate from the fort for any reason?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:18:04 pm by Robsoie »

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: December 08, 2015, 08:22:17 pm »

Are games, recipes and gambling still on the table for this release cycle or are they going to be postponed to an undefined future date so as to make way for the incoming artifact cycle?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2976 on: December 08, 2015, 09:53:36 pm »

I just wish dwarves took better care of themselves. I have a temple to Iwo and name-brand temple and I still have a large number of dwarves upset because they haven't prayed recently. I have lots of jobs, but dwarves still just go for the closest one, instead of choosing to take jobs that fit their personalities better.

Don't get me wrong, I love the new personality system, I just wish it was a little bit more connected to player input.

EDIT: And why do merchants bring unending torrents of blood? I really do not need salt water crocodile blood, fly ichor, polar bear blood, mule blood, pig blood, thrush blood, ant ichor, horse blood, fresh water crocodile blood, sea cucumber ichor, more horse blood, giant peach faced lovebird man blood, cow blood, more horse blood, brown bear blood, ant man ichor, gazelle blood, and blood blood. It's not like my resident vampire will drink it instead of the fresh stuff.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:04:47 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: December 08, 2015, 10:24:30 pm »

Are games, recipes and gambling still on the table for this release cycle or are they going to be postponed to an undefined future date so as to make way for the incoming artifact cycle?
Games and recipes were originally scheduled for the release after this one (Taverns Part 2). That seems to be not the case any more - gambling and legendary cupcakes requiring an economy to function properly and artifacts are more exciting because magic dorfs - but, yes would be nice to know if we'll see some simplified version of games in the near future or if it's off for a few years yet.

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: December 09, 2015, 05:27:36 am »

Games and recipes were originally scheduled for the release after this one (Taverns Part 2). That seems to be not the case any more - gambling and legendary cupcakes requiring an economy to function properly and artifacts are more exciting because magic dorfs - but, yes would be nice to know if we'll see some simplified version of games in the near future or if it's off for a few years yet.

You don't need to set up an entire economy framework for recipes and games. Recipes are basically cooking forms (like music forms or poetry forms), and games don't need to have gambling associated to it.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: December 09, 2015, 05:29:15 am »

I just wish dwarves took better care of themselves. I have a temple to Iwo and name-brand temple and I still have a large number of dwarves upset because they haven't prayed recently. I have lots of jobs, but dwarves still just go for the closest one, instead of choosing to take jobs that fit their personalities better.

Don't get me wrong, I love the new personality system, I just wish it was a little bit more connected to player input.

EDIT: And why do merchants bring unending torrents of blood? I really do not need salt water crocodile blood, fly ichor, polar bear blood, mule blood, pig blood, thrush blood, ant ichor, horse blood, fresh water crocodile blood, sea cucumber ichor, more horse blood, giant peach faced lovebird man blood, cow blood, more horse blood, brown bear blood, ant man ichor, gazelle blood, and blood blood. It's not like my resident vampire will drink it instead of the fresh stuff.

Personally I enjoy it more when they bring me entire barrels of sentient tears. Seriously guys, what are you doing with a barrel of Gremlin Tears?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: December 09, 2015, 07:20:15 am »

You don't need to set up an entire economy framework for recipes and games. Recipes are basically cooking forms (like music forms or poetry forms), and games don't need to have gambling associated to it.
Yes, you and I may think like that but...some people...lapse into multiple year strange moods when they start down certain paths and only they know best what might trigger such a reaction. Besides, magic dorfs.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: December 09, 2015, 08:15:31 am »

Do you have plans for demonic fortresses (aka curious underground stuctures) to come back in any way, shape or form? Or were they supposed to be replaced by vaults?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: December 09, 2015, 09:55:30 am »

Quote from: Toady One
I reduced the severity of syndromes from ingested spatter (which should stop self-cleaning cats spattered with alcohol from getting sick all the time).

You say that like it was a bad thing.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

0rion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: December 09, 2015, 03:13:22 pm »

Did Toady ever speak about making multi-tile creatures ? In a near or far future ?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: December 09, 2015, 03:46:24 pm »

Did Toady ever speak about making multi-tile creatures ? In a near or far future ?
Yes. Yes.

(Definitely not in the immediate future, unless Toady is packing a whopper of a surprise for us.)
Just got back, updating:
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 306