Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 116947 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #330 on: July 23, 2014, 02:10:39 pm »

"It's the monsters who stalk us we want. Their claws would be useful."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 23, 2014, 02:13:38 pm »

"Perhaps could we make long leather strips to protect the very small children, tying it around their wrist or elsewhere?? But yes, I and the other hunters will shoot any we see down."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 23, 2014, 02:32:46 pm »

Having no need to scout for a while, Haphan helps with hunting predatory birds.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 23, 2014, 03:15:50 pm »

try and leave the pots behind without clangbunk noticing and head off to catch up

[1] You attempt to leave the pots behind, but Clangbunk chastises you for even considering such a thing immediately, and begins obsessively checking his pots, all the while halting your progress and decreasing your chances of ever catching up with the rest of the tribe. You briefly consider leaving him here, and though such a thing would be greatly irresponsible, you suspect it is a thing

Anounce a feast to fill our bellies with food and drink, but first find an oasis to sleep in. Party all day and night there to lighten the hearts of the tribesmen. Nothing else during that day, but party. Also SING SEA SHANTIES.

[6] You have reached bountiful plains, and the tribe is in high spirits, so you propose a feast - an idea that is received very positively, and soon it is on - all night you drink with your fellows and sing songs of distant waters, and you and many others awaken with heavy heads and queasy stomachs - this is such a widespread issue that it delays the move for a whole day, in fact, and in the process of your celebration you deplete a lot of the food stores.

Meh...Find a differently sized stick and use my black rock to make a spear,since there's nothing else to use.

[4] With a stick you borrow from Conrak, you craft a black rock spear, which you believe will serve as a decent weapon as well as be visually distinctive.

I am BickBuck, young child and warrior in training! I was carried off by a large bird, but returned wearing its feathers!

[1] You were carried off by a large bird, and your mother was devastated. Your remains, what little there remained after the bird was done, will never be found, having been eaten by the starved inhabitants of the badlands in their entirety, and so she will vainly believe that perhaps you still live for some time yet, until the next stage of grief sets in and she takes out her pent-up rage on her family, who she blamed for failing to guard you appropriately. Then she will attempt to organize a search party, hoping to find at least something of yours to take back and cherish, all in vain. After this despair will overtake her, but this too shall pass, and then the death of her young, promising little warrior in training will become an indelible fact in her mind, a thing she will come to accept. But never will she be the same again.

Attempt to improve the sled with the knowledge gained from making model carts (now used as toys by the village children.)

[4] You spend the day improving the design of the sled as you see fit, despite Tuypogina's protests that, if you are to have even the slightest chance of not being lost forever, you need to move out now - eventually you, using leftover materials from Conrak's hut, manage to add a set of wheels to the sled and remove the runners. This helps with pulling the new cart, though Tuypogina still seethes at the way you seem to have used up a lot of precious time.

While keeping tabs on the tribe's health, study the effects of alcohol.

[4] You find that alcohol acts as a social lubricant, loosening lips and lifting spirits - it reddens the face and clouds the mind as well, especially when taken in larger quantities, as Meshok demonstrates on the night of the feast. You find that many of the tribesmen seem to be indulging in it a little too freely, more than slightly to the detriment of the move, and, once you settle down, probably not conducive to getting work done. The aftereffects of abuse are also markedly noticeable after the feast, as more than half the tribe can hardly even move after their busy night of their intoxication - fortunately, many seem to be swearing alcohol off for the moment.

Continue my search with my group of hunters.

[3] As you travel through the badlands in search of the missing tribesmen, you begin to suspect that maybe this is a much larger undertaking than you suspected.

try and leave the pots behind without clangbunk noticing and head off to catch up
"Nope! I know all! I see all! Don't touch my shit!"
Check on aforementioned shit ((The average plant should have sprouted ~ten days after planting.))

Since it has been only two days since you buried the parts of plants, you are disappointed that nothing seems to have sprouted.

Continue hunting. Look for any signs of other tribes traveling through, so we may know if the other lands are empty.

[2] In the plains, most unfortunately, you find very few animals - fewer than you would have expected. Furthermore, you do believe you spot some signs of human activity - the humans themselves are not present at all, but you are fairly certain you find some elements of habitation, and even a few specially made hiding spots for hunters that have not been removed.

Continue journey to land of milk and honey.

[2] The journey, unfortunately, proves that Haphan's estimates were indeed optimistic - two weeks pass, and you are still wandering the plains, and food, due to unexpectedly scarce animals and irresponsible feasting, is beginning to run low once more. You wonder what might have gone wrong here - Haphan promises that a river is just a day away, but you are not sure you entirely believe him.

Conrak finds the prospect of deadly birds of prey to be an unpleasant one; unwilling to assume that the tribe will not have future encounters with them, he sets about thinking of a better way to attack them. Conrak crafts a wide net weighted with stones which should be effective at fouling their wings. The enjoyment of Meshok's spirits will surely help this endeavor.

[1] You enjoy Meshok's spirits far too much for your own good, though you tolerate nobody saying so - in the weeks to come, you hardly get any work done due to the distractions readily available to you.

"I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, VUKKO!"

SHAKE FIST VIGOROUSLY

THEN HIDE IN HOLE WITH BOW AND ARROW UNTIL THEY LEAVE
IF THEY COME BACK AND TRY TO KILL ME, SHOOT AT THEM

PONDER LIFE CHOICES. WHERE DID PLOK GO WRONG?
ALSO WHAT TIME IS IT

[4] Your days of lying in wait, considering why exactly you felt the need to antagonize Vukko of all people repeatedly, prove to not be in vain, for Vukko and Irk do indeed return, looking hungry and slightly desperate - you are ready for them, and have seen this moment in your dreams many times.

[6] Your arrows strike true, piercing the skulls of both your enemies within almost the same moment and ending their lives rather quickly. Though more than slightly delirious from hunger and thirst, you gain a sense of satisfaction from this act you have done, this murder of the deserving, and feel that now you may finally get out of this pit.

See if anyone is coming near the tribe

[1] Your tribe over the past fifty years of its existence has systematically subsumed and eradicated all other tribes in the area, and you can proudly say that none dare venture into the territory of the now-shrinking Fisher Tribe. While occasionally scouts of other tribes do make it this far, it was the policy of your father (and, through his legacy, you as well) that they be executed upon being found, lest the sanctity of your waters be endangered by the arrival of other tribes.

Instruct the hunters to bring the talons of any birds they kill.

[6] They bring back a great many talons of a great many birds, venturing back into the badlands to find the creatures they require - they evidently respect your request greatly, given the hated nature of the birds. Special traps are even devised by them to capture the fiends, and comparing the talons they have got from their hunts becomes a favored pastime of them, as does showing them to Conrak, who has taken to drink as of late and greatly appreciates company.

"I will kill any decently sized birds I see. Especially with the scavenger birds common around here, large-taloned birds should be no trouble to find."
Kill any birds I find and get the talons, and the meat of course.

[6] Among the hunters, you make it your particular specialty to capture birds, and few can quite match your enthusiasm for hunting them, nor your affinity for the less pleasant areas around - though food tends to run lower than usual, your efforts help make do, as do the efforts of your fellow hunters - soon enough, almost all of the meat the tribe even eats comes from birds, large animals being surprisingly difficult to find in the plains. Hunting birds, while more difficult than large game, is also quite rewarding, you find, though the meat could be more plentiful.

Having no need to scout for a while, Haphan helps with hunting predatory birds.

[2] You wonder how the hunters can even catch all of these birds - traps are popular, you understand, and some like to show off their skills by hitting one with an arrow and watching it try to fly away with a gaping wound, but you are neither a good enough archer to shoot a bird nor properly familiar with the methods of trapping them, given how you have never needed to do it.

[6] You also wonder where all the animals seem to have gone - you distinctly recall horses, buffalo and others of their ilk dwelling here, as well as things that were larger still - their absence is a little perplexing. You suspect these lands might not be as unoccupied as you once thought.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 23, 2014, 03:26:14 pm »

Ask if the others are willing to search any further. If so, search a little bit more, then return to the tribe. If not, go back to tribe immediately
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 23, 2014, 03:27:01 pm »

Look for tracks leading from the abandoned camp. Continue all my hunting and birdslaying.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 23, 2014, 03:37:02 pm »

((So we're two months behind everyone else?))
Onward!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 23, 2014, 03:37:17 pm »

Errr....Respawn? :P

What would be most useful right now? I...haven't read much on whats going on.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 23, 2014, 03:39:09 pm »

A couple days, actually, similarly to Plok. Time is synchronized as distances are crossed.

Errr....Respawn? :P

What would be most useful right now? I...haven't read much on whats going on.

You can be whatever you like, don't worry about usefulness. You can even spawn in a different tribe if you feel like it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:50:06 pm by Harry Baldman »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 23, 2014, 03:41:06 pm »

Try to see if I can treat the people who are alcohol-sick. Find whoever threw the feast and scold them for wasting supplies.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 23, 2014, 03:56:39 pm »

A couple days, actually, similarly to Plok. Time is synchronized as distances are crossed.
I don't mean in cannon I mean chronologically we are out of sync by two months.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 23, 2014, 04:00:42 pm »

((Someone should totally capture one of those maneater birds alive, or one of their chicks.))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 23, 2014, 04:04:05 pm »

SPAWN AS A MANEATER BIRD!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 23, 2014, 04:10:57 pm »

SPAWN AS A MANEATER BIRD!

Humans only, sorry.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 23, 2014, 04:18:48 pm »

((SPAWN AS A MANLY MANEATER BIRD-EATER MAN!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 77