Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 244632 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #780 on: August 24, 2014, 12:59:29 pm »

There are exactly 13 players. Plus Web, who is playing a game of "Let's watch the players sweat as they try to figure out my ingenius mechanations."
Ingenious? Well, I don't know about going that far...

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 24, 2014, 02:52:27 pm »

Your list as some mistakes in it, Nerjin. Foremost being that  I steal powers ( i don't). Not liking that

Furthermore, Pardon is a good, very good ability. Especially later on if there a bus passing trough.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 24, 2014, 05:08:52 pm »

Replacement request, things have come up and I won't have time to play mafia for the next week.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 24, 2014, 05:16:32 pm »

I can replace in if you need.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 24, 2014, 05:17:53 pm »

Wow.

Sheepy replacing for me again?

Supernatural 7 was a ridiculous chain of replacements, wasn't it.

4maskwolf -> TheWetSheep -> 4maskwolf -> Nerjin

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 24, 2014, 06:25:27 pm »

I believe Urist Imiknorris is first up for replace, but I will replace you if he does not respond or says otherwise.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 24, 2014, 06:38:24 pm »

Welp 0-0 i got no clue what i was talking about last night.......

Anyway it is very unlikely for me to find out what the hell my power actuallly do so i would like to pass on this to toaster. I know you will get my auto when i die right? So please find out what the hell my god damn auto really do......
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 24, 2014, 06:38:57 pm »

Could we get a votecount, Webadict? I'm curious as to whether Varee's vote will register.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 24, 2014, 08:36:49 pm »

Could we get a votecount, Webadict? I'm curious as to whether Varee's vote will register.
It's the weekend. So, later.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 24, 2014, 09:00:28 pm »

Persus:  Immunity to Shakerag.  Shakerag cannot action this person, including this person being unlynchable if Shakerag is voting him.

Why would Persus have this part of his role if all Shakerag had was autos? You're saying Shakerag's first auto was completely useless except as a buffer against Persus13?

Toaster, something about your role is off to me. Aside from answering the quoted question: Do you mind at all explaining more about what exactly your role is? Is there nothing to it except an auto that steals roles from people? Do you know why when you were role investigated, only 'lawless scavenger' showed?

How does NQT's auto work- if it's an auto, how exactly does he choose how the random abilities work?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 25, 2014, 03:19:11 am »

Webadict: Please prod Tiruin.

Persus13: What points in flabort's attack on Nerjin do you believe to be the good points?

Nerjin: Why am I the one asking the above question to Persus13, instead of you?  You had the chance to try to learn what Persus was thinking were the good points, and you instead just jabbed Persus for his relatively high opinion of flabort's attack.  A reflexive defence instead of an informed defence, basically.  What makes it so important to strongly indicate you disagree with Persus13 without even trying to figure out exactly what the disagreements are?
Nerjin: Respond to the above stuff addressed to you.

Alright.  I've looked back a bit through the Flabort votes, and found material of interest.  One particular player caught my attention: Imp.

What caught my attention was Imp's vote at the end of the day:
updated reads, on flabort and Varee:
Spoiler: flabort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: varee (click to show/hide)
Part of what caught my eye was how the flabort content started.  "I didn't and really still don't feel hostile intent from his day game" is not exactly a phrase I expect to see associated with "Moderate lean Scum," particularly in a case that was based around flabort's day game.  Downplaying the scumminess of one's end-of-day target as one votes for them seems like an effort to minimize association with the end result.

What really set off alarm bells, though, was one of her reasons for the flabort vote (bolding by me):
Yes, I was panicking too. Somewhat. You don't gather ~5 votes, get daykilled, and then get the only votes so far back on you and not panic about that; someone wants you dead, and that someone is very determined. I want to be alive long enough to learn who.
That doesn't sound or feel like a new player playing Town.  Furthermore he's made a claim of being very, very familiar with hammers.  So he also knows he doesn't 'need to be alive' to learn anything; we learn everything when the game is over no matter when we die.
Yes, this is Imp attacking flabort for saying he wanted to be alive long enough to learn who tried to kill him, using the post-game reveal to say that he'll learn anyway whether alive or dead.  There were a lot of valid reasons to attack flabort.  This is not among them.  It is a contrived reason, dependent on an unrealistically literal reading of flabort's statement; it is dependent on an assumption that flabort had no interest in dealing with the person(s) who wanted him dead and cared only about learning who they were.  The assumption is, of course, not supported by flabort's actions, including his repeated assertions that one of his reasons for attacking Nerjin was a belief that Nerjin was the daykiller.

I also noticed Imp's other suspect: the other easy target, Varee.

So I looked back through Imp's posts.  Her primary case has been one on Varee, which she started pushing in the middle of Day 1.  She largely abandoned it Day 2 until her flabort vote (her second vote so far), asking Varee only a few scattered questions about his alleged construction power until the vote.

Imp, for all her questioning of everyone, hasn't taken much action.  Lots of poking and prodding, but very little attacking.  About the biggest conflict she's gotten into with anyone but Varee or flabort that I noticed was a rather short clash with TolyK about memory issues, soon abandoned.  She questions everyone, making herself look active and useful, but she doesn't visibly get anywhere.  Mostly, she just sits back and suspects the easy targets.

Imp, overall, has done little to help the town.  While keeping up the appearance of activity through questioning, her questioning has rarely seemed to help her get anywhere.  She has focused on (and only ever voted for) the easiest targets in the game: Varee and flabort.  Her last-minute participation in the Day 2 wagon on the latter was odd and poor, with a bizarre attack and a statement about not seeing malice in flabort's day game.

Imp has promised content will come on the 23rd.  Let's see what she eventually delivers.

Imp: Who, aside from Varee, do you suspect?  Also, you asked this question to Cheeetar a while back about his knowledge of the acronym PFP.  Is there any answer that would have been a sign of scumhood that you can think of?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 25, 2014, 08:35:43 am »

It seem really hard for me to not get lynch right now but this wont stop me from trying... Maybe....

Scripten : so how exactly am i "hampering town" i did notdo much to benfit town but that is not hampering town...

Tolyk: You think the current info is enough? I dont think we have nearly enough information. There have been nothing but town dead(not counting shakerag). So what exactly is the information you are talkng about. Also you say you target nqt last night. Are you willing to share about that.

Me and myself. I understand that i dont do much right now but am still buffing people every night. That might not be very beneficial, in fact it wont change at all as my auto willbe redacted upon death. Let me just full claim right now seeing that people dont really care to change their mind right now. The auto is random and i can take a free action to target it. The power i have been using nightly is a protect. On flabort n 1 and tolk n2.
I am not very good at babbling so i feel like it would be easier if someone ask question and i answer them.
Fighting !?!

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 25, 2014, 08:44:27 am »

Scripten : so how exactly am i "hampering town" i did notdo much to benfit town but that is not hampering town...

Specifically, by not hunting, giving reads, or... well, doing anything during the day game unless prompted or handed information you're hampering the town by not playing as part of a team. I'm not convinced that you're scum, but that sort of confusion muddies the scumhunting waters, if you will. Therefore, you may not be a mafia member, but your play is not furthering the town's goals.

While a full claim isn't necessarily a bad thing, just because you have a protective role doesn't really mean you aren't scum. For all we know, you could just as easily be a sort of scum jailkeeper. Or entirely lying about your powers. We just don't know.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 25, 2014, 09:06:52 am »

Specifically, by not hunting, giving reads, or... well, doing anything during the day game unless prompted or handed information you're hampering the town by not playing as part of a team. I'm not convinced that you're scum, but that sort of confusion muddies the scumhunting waters, if you will. Therefore, you may not be a mafia member, but your play is not furthering the town's goals.

While a full claim isn't necessarily a bad thing, just because you have a protective role doesn't really mean you aren't scum. For all we know, you could just as easily be a sort of scum jailkeeper. Or entirely lying about your powers. We just don't know.
I am not doing any less hunting than slithuri or wolf. It might be ture that I offer more than just your typical scum hunting question but I will say that they are my point of view. I dont see harm in offering alternate perspective, why should all the people focus on a single entity that is most like to be lynch anyway. Boarden your vision a bit wont hurt you. while it is less focus, in the end that might win you the game.
It just not i dont want to give read, it is just too much for me to handle. I tried to not get involve and people keep making me get involve and now when i tried get involve people say I am distracting/annoying. you guys are sure hard to please.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 25, 2014, 09:16:12 am »

Tolyk: You think the current info is enough? I dont think we have nearly enough information. There have been nothing but town dead(not counting shakerag). So what exactly is the information you are talkng about. Also you say you target nqt last night. Are you willing to share about that.
No, it's not enough, but opening up everyone's cards will definitely not catch all the scum, so I think all the information we have on table should not be increased.

I already said that I targeted him with my inspect, and it said he was Town. Which turned out to be a waste, but whatever.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 123