Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 244580 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #900 on: August 27, 2014, 03:29:31 pm »

*facepalms*
Dude, you're just repeating yourself. I SAW THAT.
Now I'd like you to explain how in the bloody game is it 'WAAAAY' too strong for a townie.
Did you read that I said it was a one-shot and could ONLY be used if the # of players = 13?
I bet you did judging by how EXTREME you are in poke poke poking me and using such aggressive terms to describe what I'm doing--when I'm honestly just confused about what you're saying and ask you in all honesty to explain better.

Yes, that is floundering! Wow! <_<

Now again, can you explain how any of that makes sense?
I don't even have whatever you call this Complete Lockdown. It's like you're attributing a hell lot more than what even exists. Assuming. All that. Game Balance and other details which don't make sense until you talk about it more. In detail.

Tha'ts what I'm asking. DETAIL. >_>
Now how the heck do I answer a question about what the mod gave me? Again, I repeat like I said in D1, you're asking me to...what. Defend the mod's choice of role-making? Or probably explain 'oh hey guiz my power is town' :D

When I don't even get what makes a power 'town' or whatever. I mean, I even transcended that kind of idea back in my reads (compare my analogy to TOlyK//Nerjin as a note) because it is senseless to judge purely based on powers.

PPE: Err...could I still get note on TOaster's 'Can Steal Autos' here? I can't find where that's directly mentioned.

fakeedit: The above is to Puppet :O

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 27, 2014, 03:31:13 pm »

I take issue with your points B and C in that a kill is immediately my fault.

If we lose all our town abilities (except TolyK's investigate, assuming we're trusting him on that count) then we'd damn well better get a safe night out of it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 27, 2014, 03:39:00 pm »

Instead of doing A galore of <.<  how about you try and understand the sentence as they are structured. I'm getting tired of repeating myself.

If you'd rather, i can explain it in French. Because english certainly isn't working right now.

For everyone else, can i have a confirmation that the sentence i'm not in a weird bizarro world where my sentences are impossible to decipher?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 27, 2014, 03:44:13 pm »

...Let me just say what I'm trying to say. You're judging me by a power and associating it with alignment. I can't defend that because that requires explaining how the MOD'S MINDSET WORKS.

And I feel like you're being evasive about your weak case--saying that I've to try and understand what you mean.

Do you mean me to explain my power in terms of how it is town? That's exactly what you said.

Now I'll also bring another point other than the obvious ones I'm poking at.
Also, don't under- or overestimate your abilities.

You're asking me to do something that doesn't lead to objective results, to rephrase, and the suspicious point is you make it your primary detail in whatever idea you have of me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 27, 2014, 03:53:58 pm »

If we lose all our town abilities (except TolyK's investigate, assuming we're trusting him on that count) then we'd damn well better get a safe night out of it.

Sure, but it's not my fault if the scum has some sort of lockdown bypass; (double) lynching me then won't do you any good.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 27, 2014, 03:55:32 pm »

My case isn't weak, it's your comprehension that is sorely lacking. I'm associating that a Panic power that is either blatantly broken if town  but fair when scum is most likely owned by a scum. 

WHat is also lacking is your answers. Stop deflecting.
Do you mean me to explain my power in terms of how it is town?
That's part of what I want to know. Now if you'd answer instead of throwing empty posts whit maybe we could go forward.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 27, 2014, 03:57:00 pm »

Sure, but it's not my fault if the scum has some sort of lockdown bypass; (double) lynching me then won't do you any good.

Sure, and it's not our responsiblity to keep you alive. I'm sorry if this seems mean, Toaster: Town doesn't mean nice. If we want to win this way, we need to trust you, and that means making sure you don't have revives to fall back on if you support the scum.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 27, 2014, 03:57:35 pm »

There's a reason Policy lynching survivors is a thing. The farther this game go the bigger a threat you are. Doubly since you scavenge other's ability. I'm personally not for lynching you yet, but it may come to it in a few days, depending on lynch and night results.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 27, 2014, 03:58:56 pm »

My case isn't weak, it's your comprehension that is sorely lacking. I'm associating that a Panic power that is either blatantly broken if town  but fair when scum is most likely owned by a scum. 
::)
Nice excuse. Now could you explain how it is so?
WHat is also lacking is your answers. Stop deflecting.
Like you bother to quote and respond to them given your brevity. Actually, did you even read them? Because deflecting is the last thing you'll end up thinking if you bothered to.

That's part of what I want to know. Now if you'd answer instead of throwing empty posts whit maybe we could go forward.
Oh good! Now explain what makes a 'town' power so we can meet on common ground, for one.
Because it is annoying how a case is made when you ask someone to clarify that their power is 'town'. It's like you're asking me to define a stereotype or a label, as an idea.

What is a 'Town' power? How is asking you that even counted as 'deflecting'?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 27, 2014, 04:00:47 pm »

There's a reason Policy lynching survivors is a thing. The farther this game go the bigger a threat you are. Doubly since you scavenge other's ability. I'm personally not for lynching you yet, but it may come to it in a few days, depending on lynch and night results.
There's a reason there are reasons behind whatever 'policy' procedure exists.

The survivor has a choice to side on an alignment-team, unlike those who are Town/Mafia, who are stuck with their teams whether they like it or not. I'm beginning to understand how you comprehend things now, however.

The orange part is amusing though. COuld you explain that, too? Also as far as I read, he can only scavenge the Auto's of the dead.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 27, 2014, 04:03:12 pm »

Quick post (busy today):

MBP: You seem to be misunderstanding the situation quite a bit.  Tiruin never claimed to have a complete lockdown power, and panic isn't in itself a complete lockdown effect.  What Tiruin claims to have used is a power that, when combined with NQT/Toaster's probability control power, can result in what is (unless countered, and there's almost definitely a counter) basically a complete lockdown.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 27, 2014, 04:05:59 pm »

Addendum: Like answering where you're getting the idea of me having a Complete Lockdown?
You're deflecting, Puppet. You're not answering any of my questions back there and just work in brevity to continue on your line.

It's like you're not concerned with communication here.

PPE:
...Exactly.
Err, wait what?
NQT/Toaster's probability control power, can result in what is (unless countered, and there's almost definitely a counter) basically a complete lockdown.
Ah.
...Yes? All I've heard TOaster can do is somethingsomething probability-power manipulation.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 27, 2014, 04:07:12 pm »

And it's an Auto. Note.
So I'm a bit confused how an Auto can affect everyone else.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 27, 2014, 04:16:14 pm »

I understand that perfectly Jack. I also know he never claimed so. Seriously, can nobody understand english ?

I've seen, 4 times now, that giving both the PANIC and Probability alterance to town is ridiculous. If Wubbah did this, then whenever panic is launched, the probability guy can simply decide to completely lockdown the night game forever, until lynched or killed by someone that is somehow immune to panic. This is grossly overpowered. Giving both the keys to a complete night lockdown combo to town is ridiculous. Like, not happening. Rather, i believe that Panic is a scum ability. Powerful, sow confusion, but does not make the game completely unplayable. Town has a counter, game is not automatically broken.

Again, i'm utterly baffled how you can't do anything but say HOW. HOW. HOW. YOu can write and hopefully read, you aren't braindead to the point you can't understand that shit, right ? RIGHT?

As for
The farther this game go the bigger a threat you are. Doubly since you scavenge other's ability.

Simply because if the survivor decide to side with scum, late in the game he'll have a plethora of auto. He already got a revive from it, he could very well get a auto lockdown or some other power that would make lynching him harder for town, like a double vote or somesuch. So, the later in the game it gets, the harder he will likely be to lynch.

2 more post

Are you this fucking incapable of comprehension!?!

Jesus fuckign christ, you are maddening

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 27, 2014, 04:17:33 pm »

I'll be quitting if my comprehension of english is to be insulted like this.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 123