Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 243713 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 4: #deathnodeath
« Reply #1215 on: September 06, 2014, 08:28:38 am »

Wuba, is an SK or mafioso able to lose their ability to kill someone? I.e. by it being stolen, by it being taken out by another ability (such as the one Tiruin claimed, Filler Ability).
Everything is possible. A Mafiakill cannot be directly stolen by abilities that target actions, since the Mafiakill is a group ability. If you want a more specific answer, please be more specific.

Side Note: Going to be gone most of the weekend. So, I'll update as much as I do on normal weekends.

Vote Count
------------------------
Cheeetar - Nerjin,
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Mysteriousbluepuppet - Cheeetar,
Nerjin -
Scripten - Tiruin,
Silthuri - TolyK,
Tiruin -
TheWetSheep - Jack A T,
Toaster -
TolyK - TheWetSheep, IronyOwl,
Urist Imiknorris -

Not Voting - Toaster, Silthuri, Scripten, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Urist Imiknorris,

7 to Hammer. Day ends Monday 9 PMish CST (Approximately 56 hours from this post.)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: September 06, 2014, 11:52:55 am »

Puppet due to his awful reasoning and refusal to actually scum-hunt. I'd post more but I'm in a pretty down mood right now.

@Cheetar

With just "Pardon" I cannot target myself. I do, however, have an ability that lets me use my abilities on myself. It has a weird time thing that I'm not allowed to go into detail on though.

As for why I Pardoned it was because town was about half and half on the matter. As President I must sometimes make tough decisions. I felt Varee was more of a threat to town than Toaster.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: September 06, 2014, 12:19:43 pm »

Thanks.

Hmm.

That means that an SK-kill could be stolen away, but not the mafia one but rather supporting abilities.
Jack, could you steal an ability from me and give it to someone scummy, potentially?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: September 06, 2014, 12:21:25 pm »

Note to self: Reread things before posting an extra time and don't write over a long period of time.
I meant to say Tiruin, and the Filler Ability.
Then Toaster could make the target lose more abilities.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: September 06, 2014, 12:22:34 pm »

PFP
I can't steal abilities even if I wanted to :v
You're better off re...wording and quoting. I got lost there and thought you're replacing Jack > Me.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: September 06, 2014, 12:27:44 pm »

Everything is possible. A Mafiakill cannot be directly stolen by abilities that target actions, since the Mafiakill is a group ability. If you want a more specific answer, please be more specific.

Would it be possible to remove the mafia kill from play completely with the use of an ability (without killing the mafia members)?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: September 06, 2014, 12:46:48 pm »

TolyK: Why would you mistake the owner of the Filler Ability as yourself?

Cheeetar: You've been rather involved with Nerjin's pardon ever since he tried to pardon Shakerag. Indeed, your first action D2 was to vote him over it, indicating you felt it more important than flabort's multivoting shenanigans and set-up attempt. What is your aim in such interest?

Scripten: Why did you block who you did?

Anyone: Has there ever been a town arsonist before? Because I'm trying to wrap my head around it. The long-term planning required for an arsonist to be effective seems to be directly contradictory to the adaptability required by a townie.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: September 06, 2014, 01:29:06 pm »

Anyone: Has there ever been a town arsonist before? Because I'm trying to wrap my head around it. The long-term planning required for an arsonist to be effective seems to be directly contradictory to the adaptability required by a townie.
I remember vaguely that you played an arsonist role before...
Awkwardly, I've to ask 'were you town' then? ._.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: September 06, 2014, 01:59:36 pm »

TolyK: Why would you mistake the owner of the Filler Ability as yourself?

Because I was the initial owner.
I haven't heard of one, but a town poisoner is close.
Wait. I've been in that role, haven't I? Lovers with Toaster and eventually backstabbing town, but I played to the town wincon for most of the game. There I held people hostage, more or less. That could be a valid tactic for an arsonist, I'd imagine.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: September 06, 2014, 02:18:21 pm »

Scripten: Why did you block who you did?

For nights 1 and 2, I tried to choose people who looked fairly scummy or anti-town. Flabort and Toaster fit the bill, and I was suspicious enough of P13 to aim at him. Last night, I didn't think my ability would work at all (I was told that one or both of my primes failed, so I'm fairly certain it didn't work.) so I chose a player that I have a null read on atm.

I'm getting the feeling that town arsonists are not particularly useful, but I am trying my best. If I do end up in a situation where it's just me and all the other players are primed, using my one-shot would win us the game, but I'm not banking on that. Too many counters.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: September 06, 2014, 02:39:42 pm »

I remember vaguely that you played an arsonist role before...
Awkwardly, I've to ask 'were you town' then? ._.
That was BYOR9, where I was the SK and you were my ally.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 06, 2014, 03:42:27 pm »

Jack:
Urist Imiknorris: You've made an interesting move.  Interesting in that it gives me a lot of points I can use to learn more about you.  Let's look at your post.
Jack A T: As far as I can tell, the only players you've indicated any real suspicion of are either the inactive (NQT/TolyK D2, Varee today) or easy targets (both Cheeetar and flabort D2
First, is it correct to say that your use of "inactive" here has little to do with amount of activity, and much to do with the quality of the activity shown?  That's the only way I see your statement making sense.
Second, I find the most interesting parts of your assertions here are not what you chose to include, but what you omitted.  For instance, this FoS of Nerjin alongside my TolyK vote and case.  Now, I assume that most players making cases based on records of suspicion would carefully examine, among other things, voting records.  You should have found this easily.  This leads me to believe that either you made your case without careful examination of the evidence, or you chose to leave this out.  Please explain this omission.
Of more importance is your choice to leave my day 1 activities out completely.  What led you to believe that inclusion of my Day 1 activities, including a major part of my record of votes and suspicions (particularly the first major Flabort vote), would not be of value to your case?
On the first point, you are correct. Lots of talk, little actual hunting.
On the second, I have had substantially less time than I wished, and have had to rush my readings of the thread. Additionally, as far as I can see, the FoS of Nerjin didn't actually go anywhere, and was dropped in your next post.

[impressive how you take both sides simultaneously]
Raise your standards.  The ability to see issues on multiple "sides" and note them publicly should not be, in itself, all that impressive.
Your framing of this particular issue is interesting, though.  What makes you view Cheeetar and Flabort as the two sides of the conflict?  What makes them "both," as in all, of the sides?  What is it that is scummy about a willingness to critically examine "both sides" of an issue?  Finally, why are you stretching a statement of intent to examine Cheeetar for having caught my eye while suspecting flabort into a solid taking of "both sides" in the conflict?
I was reading your FoSes in that post as actual FoSes instead of merely things that caught your eye.

The rest you just poke at a little (if at all) and answer questions/discuss the setup. The closest you get to actually hunting is when you accused Imp of doing the same thing you are: providing lots of words with little aggression.
Considering that you consider me to have taken aggressive action against six players (seven if you include Nerjin) out of the 15 non-me living players D2 and on, this "little aggression" thing and insinuation that I attack very few players is not exactly as strong as you seem to think it is.  This part of your attack is particularly unconvincing when it has already become clear that you either haven't been looking at my posts in much detail or have been omitting aggressive acts you don't want to mention for whatever reason.
It hardly counts as an attack when you back down almost immediately, as you've done a rather large portion of the time.

But this part does make your goal in your accusation clear.  You want to flip part of my attack on Imp around, and put reaching my Imp conclusion about me above reaching an evidence-based conclusion.  Why did you prioritize flipping the attack on Imp around over making a good case?
False.

Notably, you seem to be deliberately avoiding the stronger players (except when Cheeetar was looking like an easy lynch due to his quickhammer).
And who are you specifically referring to here?  And why are you turning a person whose attackers were already strongly dissipating by the time of my first post D2 into someone who looked like an easy lynch at the time?  And when did Imp become a weaker player?
a) I'm specifically referring to Irony and Toaster, whom you've had very little interaction with. Toaster is somewhat understandable after his third-party reveal, but what is your read on Irony, exactly?
b) I thought your first post D2 was earler than it was.
c) By weaker players, I'm referring to the players who were either fairly new or who I've played with in the past and thought could do a lot better. Keep in mind that I left the forum for some time, and that list could use some updating.

In any case, I look forward to your promised evaluation.

Scripten: What I'm gathering of your claimed actions is:
N1 blocked Toaster and flabort
N2 blocked Persus
N3 blocked Jack

If you can target multiple people, why did you only do so N1?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 06, 2014, 10:20:49 pm »

Nerjin: How was Varee 'more of a threat' to town? What specific fears did you have of him- more so than of a constantly reviving third party who can block every action?

Cheeetar: You've been rather involved with Nerjin's pardon ever since he tried to pardon Shakerag. Indeed, your first action D2 was to vote him over it, indicating you felt it more important than flabort's multivoting shenanigans and set-up attempt. What is your aim in such interest?

I viewed trying to save the sk ally as more suspicious than Flabort's seemingly self serving actions, although I viewed both as highly suspect. I was waiting on more explanation from Flabort, which didn't work out for him - his reasons were no more noble than the worst assumption I could've made.

Nerjin's pardon is a very public ability (he has to post in this thread to use it, even.) It's a thing that is easy to discuss given how public it is, and important to know about- similarly, Tiruin's panic.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 06, 2014, 10:24:45 pm »

N2 blocked Persus
N3 blocked Jack

Two blocks equal a prime. I can block the same person twice in one night. Currently, I do not believe anyone is primed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 06, 2014, 10:28:25 pm »

N2 blocked Persus
N3 blocked Jack

Two blocks equal a prime. I can block the same person twice in one night. Currently, I do not believe anyone is primed.
He said Why.
That doesn't answer Why (or What or How or...)
My blocks are limited to two per night. I can only, at most, prime one person per night. So far, I don't believe anyone is primed.
So...you claim without stating who you targeted, for some reason?
Scripten. Poke at thee. :I Why the incompleteness?

Honestly? Because I accidentally lost my forum messages. For the past two nights, I blocked Jack A T and Persus13. In the first night, IIRC, I blocked Toaster and Flabort. I'm pretty sure most of my attempts have failed. (Obviously, Persus13 failed because he was night killed. Prior to that, I'd been slightly suspicious of him.)
So...may I ask your list of suspects? How effective was your picklist? Did any of such abilities fail early on and was it specific?

For right now? I'm not sure. I'm suspicious of Cheetar and MBP, but those are merely gut feelings base don playstyle. I was pretty damn convinced Flabort was scum, and Varee was... well, you know how he plays. I had suspected P13, but, as you saw, he was NK'd, so my ability didn't really do anything. My picklist hasn't been very good, I'll be honest. I think I targeted Toaster once and he's 3rd party, but now I don't think I CAN target him. Or I was blocked.

And yeah, I had abilities fail every night, but I do not know which. My night game needs some work, I think. I feel like I'm falling behind in this game and I'm not sure where to turn my suspicions.
You don't think you can target him? You don't know which roleblock failed? Do you specifically know which one failed as to whom?

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 123