Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼"Blackhold," A Masterwork Orc Fortress☼ - Under new management!  (Read 58625 times)

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Thashumghoshakh, "Blackhold," A Masterwork Orc Story Fortress☼
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2014, 11:35:51 am »

Another update's coming soon, and Shadow of Fate is it alright if your orc uses a spear instead? Can't make any axes without an anvil and we already have the spear made.

Then how would I cut trees? That's the main problem and it means I have to go back to the drawing board for my character. A spear would be fine to fight for starters but I was a woodcutter. Hmm...

I feel a need to question why we got so godsdamned many axeorcs when we can't even make any axes to start with.

Lol. The entire reason why I chose a woodcutter/axeorc was because it was a role that lends itself well to a worker/soldier character. It seemed like you had a lot of roles claimed. But your plans need a lot of wood and I didn't see too many woodcutters when I asked. Has that changed?

You know what? If you don't want another woodcutter you can just keep me a spear wielding soldier orc for now and I'll change my character somehow based on what other roles you might need. I see you made me a herbalist? But if you could use another woodcutter I really would prefer to be that. I didn't realize you didn't have an anvil still. >.>
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:40:41 am by Shadow Of Fate »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2014, 12:31:56 pm »

We got one dreamwalker available, a sorcerer which from the manual is apparently an orcish warlock, once he's all powered up anyway. So if someone wants an orcish warlock, first come first serve.

I call shotgun. Name him Khaziraad.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2014, 01:07:25 pm »

"From ze diary of Gradbul the Snake eter:

Hello diary! It's been a while, and there are many new faces here! One of the new gals, a corsare, presented me a nice snaky-snake made of a chain and leather straps! It has, um... prases? for its eyes! Traders came as well, bringin some cute shaggy mumaks to play wit! Too bad we dint have enough shillins to pay for them. I hope we'll be ritch enough next time.

Been gatherin bloks for my lil proge project. I'm goin to hav my own hut, like the one I had back houm!

Sensu, the smart fella I've wrote bout already, helped me wit my study recently. Then I took part in a drinkin contest wit him and Bolugd. I wuz gonna win, but sumhow a barrel was stuk on my head. Wuz goin to ask a snaga to make a lil window for my face. Gud thing the guiz helped me out.

There was a commotion yesturday. Large gray munkis monkeys came in. Tis cratures are famous for throving feces at their enemys, so I didnt watn to fight wit them. The gobbos drove them avay, so I even had time to chase for the coyote doggies that were nearby."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:48:24 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2014, 01:10:20 pm »

Could you name an orc after me?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2014, 01:59:19 pm »

*overheard in the mess hall*

"Ya know, out on the Frontier, old One-Eye Maklor used to give the boys summa them, whachu call the little axes that the skirmishers used to use?  Maybe summa these axeboys would simmer down if they had somethin choppy to hack with.  Pretty sure the snaga used to clear scrub trees with em too."

"Tomahawks you grumpy old simpleton.  But Maklor couldna hit a half-dead cave crawler at 10 paces with a throwing axe.  This warboss here is pretty serious though, old chum.  I think we're gonna be using real blades, not any of those crude choppers the bowyer scrounges together with some old bones and twine."

"I'm not saying that all the real warriors need to carry any of that crap.  Sure, gimme a spear any day.  But donchu remember when that fool speaker of ours, ... Tomma-chawked that whole flock of parrots, that was trying to fly off with the last keg of swamp whisky?"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2014, 06:30:37 pm »

Ehhh, not really smart to go giving a guy a bone axe to fight anything besides wild animals. I'm honestly a little surprised there's no option for an ironbone melee axe without the whole "throwing" part when there's options for wrestlers (with the claws I presume,) spearorcs, swordorcs, maceorcs, dreamwalkers, and slingers.

'Nother update coming soon. I decided against stomping the crap out of the goblins.

Could you name an orc after me?

Sure thing. Got a whole list to pick from.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2014, 12:19:40 am »

The goblins set up to trade with their larger brethren, and against the ire of the uruks, trade is done. The goblins do not help their case when they fail to turn up with an anvil; Even one of unsteady rusted iron would have been acceptable. The goblins bring spare trolls however; solid fighters on their own against the likes of wild beasts and other pests

Gradbul is caught trying to squirrel away shale bricks, and it is decided to begin work on many smaller huts. But first, more stone is needed. While three... Hovels, are completed, one is left only half finished. It was decided that they would be built in twos: A basement dwelling, and an upper dwelling just above.

However, as time goes, a snaga begins behaving... Strangely. The snaga gathers materials and then begins muttering incessantly about gems. Gradbul the olog, being the gem loving lug he is, was happy to cut some rose quart for the odd little orc.

Migrants come not long after, leading some to assume it was a herald of their coming. Clanorcs bound for elsewhere attacked by centaurs. Once 23, now 10. With their arrival, Bolugd gathers his small group and tells them to prepare to train. The clan will need strong and skilled warriors after all.

A day or so later, the snaga emerged dazed and confused carrying a dice.

This is a bone dice.  All craftsorcship is of the highest quality. 
It is decorated with bone and encircled with bands of leather and wood. 
On the item is an  image of a warklin mauler in bone. 

On the item is an  image of Varvarstvo Sewernightmare the sharpshooter and Uculo Disgustpets the Throne of Splashes the hydra in bone.  Uculo Disgustpets the Throne of Splashes is  striking down Varvarstvo Sewernightmare. 
The artwork relates to the killing of the sharpshooter Varvarstvo Sewernightmare by the hydra Uculo Disgustpets the Throne of Splashes in The Gloved Jungle in 62. 

On the item is an  image of a maple in rose quartz. 

Iron goes along without incident, and copper comes with the birth of another little orc: A snaga. Unlike the Uruks however, the artisan and common who bear it seem pleased. Another is born soon after, also a snaga.  At the same time, a proper forge is finally made, and with it comes a steel axe for the warband sergeant. Melted goblin items were then forged into fighting tomohawks, at the behest of several orcs, and the arrival of an orcish caravan lead by a snaga heralded time to trade.

They once more arrived with mumaks in tow, and valuable items made by the clan's artisans may finally afford them this time, though clan Leader Morbai is of little hope in that regard. It lead to great surprise that they were purchased! Though it took all of their more valuable trade goods (and even some made from metals off the same caravan,) they now had some of the most fearsome beasts their ancestors and living kin had ever fielded in battle.

By Flux, Senshuken is proclaimed more swordorc than rifleorc.

The clan is pleased as homes are dug and built, and  two more warriors armed to provide support with tomahawks. They are eager to fight, but it will likely be another season before battle comes to them.

Hello hello, time for a little baby update!

Okay, so summer came and went with very little eventfulness aside from a possession mood and some building. We finally got a forge made, a steel axe and tomohawks made (lead by an axeorc since I'm guessing they use axe skill in melee,) Thrak was given an -ashland glass saber- to replace that club, Gorlshk got himself a +steel toothed axe+. Took me a while to figure out where to make the bone mechs for the fletcher (didn't notice the shop,) so now we have some very slight ranged support for the warriors.

Oh, and way more orcs than I know what to do with and can never arm with the current state of affairs keep showing up. Apparently being 8 over the pop cap wasn't sufficient to stop immigration. Hopefully now though we'll be hit pretty frequently by lower end enemies since we just exported a good bit over 7k in shit. For two mumaks. Beautiful beautiful mumaks, a breeding pair, who will undoubtedly squish all the little bad guys. All of them.

Oh, and this.

An uruk fell and hit his head. Guess I'm not allowed to use ramps with hatch covers. Ever. Because that was actually a very useful orc who went and accidentally'd himself by standing on a hatch while a mason wanted out. The militia is now out a recruit and it was to an asshole opening the floor.

Anyways, smakemupagus there's three dreamwalkers available, two regular and one druid, and there's still a hellaciously large number of orcs available. Hell, people can start claiming multiples if they think they can keep track of them. Still no other Ologs. Lots of happy little useless baby snagas though.

Next update will probably be kinda... Sparse. As it stands nothing's happening and it's a plague of all me story forts: I set up hoping to be fighting and killing shit constantly and I get crickets and banjos. I'd send the boys out to hunt, but we have plenty of food and bone right now to get by and half of what shows up is fliers which I don't feel like chasing around.

Now for orcs!

`Thrak' Dushamatduum has been happy lately.  He dined in a fantastic dining room recently.  He slept in a very good bedroom recently.  He has been tired of drinking the same old booze lately.  He dined in a great dining room recently.  He admired a fine Support lately.  He talked with the spouse lately.  He admired own fine Cabinet lately. 
He is married to Burzump Quandarycruelties and has one child:  Buruk Tortureblotted.  He is the son of Ama Badchucks and Malatug Poisonedscab. 
He is a citizen of The Rusty Evils.  He is a member of The Lawful Menace.  He is a former member of The Skewered Deceivers.  He is a former member of The Drilled Cruelty.  He arrived at Thashumghoshakh on the 4th of Slate in the year 123. 
He is fifty-nine years old, born on the 21st of Malachite in the year 64. 
His burnt umber hair is extremely long.  He has an angular chin.  He is average in size.  His lips are somewhat thin.  His nose bridge is slightly convex.  His skin is dark olive.  His eyes are raw umber. 
He is quick to heal. 
`Thrak' Dushamatduum likes bauxite, lay pewter, black opal, the color slender, millstones, taiga sabrecats for their silver dappled fur, sailfin lizards for their jewel-tone scales and sunberry juice for their healty nutritional value.  When possible, he prefers to consume wolverine, fisher berry wine and blade weed leaves.  He absolutely detests scarabs. 
He has a good spatial sense, but he has a meager kinesthetic sense, a large deficit of willpower and very bad analytical abilities. 
He is slow to anger.  He occasionally overindulges.  He doesn't handle stress well.  He enjoys the company of others.  He loves a good thrill.  He is highly adventurous and loves fresh experiences.  He is put off by authority and tradition.  He is modest.  He finds rules confining. 

A powerful humanoid creature with violent tendencies.  Orcs build their strongholds in the twilight lands at the margins of the world. Uruk caste orcs are incredible physical specimens even by Orcish standards.

`Khaziraad' Burzumppushakh has been ecstatic lately.  He talked with a friend lately.  He admired own fine Cabinet lately.  He admired a completely sublime Statue lately.  He slept in a very good bedroom recently.  He dined in a great dining room recently.  He has been annoyed by flies.  He has been satisfied at work lately. 
He is married to Lat Barbarousfence and has 7 children:  Duul Stealsquashed, Guurguul Poisoneddie, Buur Dreadfullisten, Alatuul Falltaint, Urb Finunthinkable, Guul Stickycorrupts and Malatug Catchsins.  He is the son of Bagroqu Whisperedcursed and Uzgash Chancehex. 
He is a citizen of The Rusty Evils.  He is a member of The Lawful Menace.  He is a former member of The Mirrored Profanity.  He is a former member of The Skewered Deceivers.  He arrived at Thashumghoshakh on the 8th of Malachite in the year 122. 
He is seventy-two years old, born on the 2nd of Opal in the year 51. 
His burnt umber hair is extremely long. He is tall.  His ears are free-lobed.  His raw umber eyes are slightly wide-set. His skin is dark olive. 
He is quite quick to heal and tough. 
`Khaziraad' Burzumppushakh likes fine light green brick, mithril, fossil and hourglasss.  When possible, he prefers to consume sewer brew and llama's milk.  He absolutely detests albino forest leeches. 
He has great creativity, a very good feel for social relationships, very good focus, a sharp intellect and a natural ability with music, but he has bad intuition, poor spatial senses and a poor memory. 
He often feels discouraged.  He occasionally overindulges.  He is assertive.  He is not a risk-taker.  He is rarely happy or enthusiastic.  He appreciates art and natural beauty.  He is resistant to change.  He is put off by authority and tradition.  He finds helping others rewarding.  He is immodest.  He is disorganized.  He  laughs very loudly whenever he's surprised.  He does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time. 

A powerful humanoid creature with violent tendencies, Orcs build their strongholds in the twilight lands at the margins of the world. Sorcerers are Orcish Dreamwalkers who have glimpsed the darkest corners of the ethereal planes, and given themselves over to the pursuit of arcane power.

`Gorlshk' Goluurzkhagh has been ecstatic lately.  He slept without a proper room recently.  He talked with the spouse lately.  He admired a fine Seat lately.  He made a friend recently.  He dined in a fantastic dining room recently.  He has been satisfied at work lately.  He slept in a very good bedroom recently.  He admired own fine Bed lately. 
He is married to Alatuul Permanentimmoralities. 
He is a citizen of The Rusty Evils.  He is a member of The Lawful Menace.  He is a former member of The Enchanted Curse.  He is the sergeant of The Lawful Menace.  He arrived at Thashumghoshakh on the 5th of Sandstone in the year 122. 
He is sixty-two years old, born on the 1st of Granite in the year 61. 
His burnt umber hair is extremely long.  He is muscular.  His large-irised raw umber eyes are sunken.  His eyes are round.  His ears have small lobes.  His skin is dark olive. 
He is quite durable and strong, but he is susceptible to disease. 
`Gorlshk' Goluurzkhagh likes schist, shrapnel, moonstone, rope reed fiber fabric, the color cinnamon, rakes, steppe aurochs for their strength and bleak horrors for their macabre ways.  When possible, he prefers to consume heron, red-bellied piranha and sunberry juice.  He absolutely detests worms. 
He has an iron will, a good feel for social relationships and the ability to focus, but he has poor empathy and a questionable spatial sense. 
He greatly appreciates art and natural beauty.  He dislikes intellectual discussions.  He is not affected by the suffering of others.  He has a sense of duty.  He thinks through every alternative and its consequences before acting.  He tends to stretch out when he's bored.  He commonly winks as a form of greeting.  He does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time. 

A powerful humanoid creature with violent tendencies.  Orcs build their strongholds in the twilight lands at the margins of the world. Uruk caste orcs are incredible physical specimens even by Orcish standards.

These are the ones I neglected to include. So here's an update guys. Another may come soon if the power doesn't crap out, such as it'll be.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2014, 01:10:37 am »

Just because I was declared a swordorc doesn't mean I still don't want my shotgun. In fact, if you can somehow make it so that Senshuken can wield a sword in one hand and a shotgun in the other, I would love you forever.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2014, 01:14:10 am »

Another update's coming soon, and Shadow of Fate is it alright if your orc uses a spear instead? Can't make any axes without an anvil and we already have the spear made.

Then how would I cut trees? That's the main problem and it means I have to go back to the drawing board for my character. A spear would be fine to fight for starters but I was a woodcutter. Hmm...

I feel a need to question why we got so godsdamned many axeorcs when we can't even make any axes to start with.

Lol. The entire reason why I chose a woodcutter/axeorc was because it was a role that lends itself well to a worker/soldier character. It seemed like you had a lot of roles claimed. But your plans need a lot of wood and I didn't see too many woodcutters when I asked. Has that changed?

You know what? If you don't want another woodcutter you can just keep me a spear wielding soldier orc for now and I'll change my character somehow based on what other roles you might need. I see you made me a herbalist? But if you could use another woodcutter I really would prefer to be that. I didn't realize you didn't have an anvil still. >.>

Didn't even see this post, but it's not an issue now. YOu got your axe. I gave you the herbalist Uruk because he was getting drafted as first male uruk I happened to spot. But our founder woodorc has been able to provide a good sum of lumber for the time being.
Just because I was declared a swordorc doesn't mean I still don't want my shotgun.musket. In fact, if you can somehow make it so that Senshuken can wield a sword in one hand and a shotgunmusket in the other, I would love you forever.

There may be a kit that allows it, Lifeguard or Seawolf I think. But we'll need to kill humans for one of those if I'm not mistaken.
We got one dreamwalker available, a sorcerer which from the manual is apparently an orcish warlock, once he's all powered up anyway. So if someone wants an orcish warlock, first come first serve.

I call shotgun. Name him Khaziraad.

Done and dusted as you can see. Even got you a a house below the eventual temple.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2014, 01:49:07 am »

Nice!  Dibs on "Gluuk Hexjoined, Dreamwalker," or whichever other dreamer is still unclaimed.  He can keep his name, "Gluuk" sounds like a good solid orcish name :)

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2014, 02:05:35 am »

This is my sword. There are many like it, but this one is mine!

Blackhold is quickly becoming what I hoped it was going to be. Somewhere for the orcish race to gather in order to seek shelter and grow strong with full bellies and warm beds. While all the children running around appear to be snaga, those born here are only the first.

However, the peace that has settled on our hold has made me uneasy. While the younger members of the hold are getting restless for a fight their elders know that bloodshed will stain our grounds soon enough. The fact that armies haven't marched on the hold already worries me. The migrants speak of the enemies that culled their numbers and I know for a fact that the lack of orcish blood being shred here is being paid for elsewhere. It is only a matter of time till it spirals in our direction.

We must be prepared. Our defenses must be finished, our men and women at arms must be equipped and trained... We must be prepared for the coming storm.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2014, 03:30:13 am »

Lugboks Jurnal Ehntry One

Ah dohn't riht vehry well. Frends shay ah shood lern betah. Ah nevah gud at rihteng wel, dohn't rember gremma wel.
Ah thuht ah lern gud at rihteng ef ah puractis.
Nuthin hapun weth me. Ah cut wud, defend (ah lernt wurd wel!) vellage.
Ah'l wurk on gremma betah. Meybee sumone lern me wel.
Bai, jurnal. It wahs fuhn.

Lugbok, wudcuttah snaga
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2014, 10:59:27 am »

So Khaziraad is: Old, suffering from poor memory, rarely happy or enthusiastic, immodest, disorganized, resistant to change and long haired.

There could not be a more steryotipical senile mage. This shall be glorious.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2014, 11:06:00 am »

Didn't even see this post, but it's not an issue now. YOu got your axe. I gave you the herbalist Uruk because he was getting drafted as first male uruk I happened to spot. But our founder woodorc has been able to provide a good sum of lumber for the time being.

Actually, this is more than fine. To be honest, I really like this Uruk. I figured out a story I was happy with to adapt to the circumstances:

`Gorlshk' Goluurzkhagh has been ecstatic lately.  He slept without a proper room recently.  He talked with the spouse lately.  He admired a fine Seat lately.  He made a friend recently.  He dined in a fantastic dining room recently.  He has been satisfied at work lately.  He slept in a very good bedroom recently.  He admired own fine Bed lately. 
He is married to Alatuul Permanentimmoralities. 
He is a citizen of The Rusty Evils.  He is a member of The Lawful Menace.  He is a former member of The Enchanted Curse.  He is the sergeant of The Lawful Menace.  He arrived at Thashumghoshakh on the 5th of Sandstone in the year 122. 
He is sixty-two years old, born on the 1st of Granite in the year 61. 
His burnt umber hair is extremely long.  He is muscular.  His large-irised raw umber eyes are sunken.  His eyes are round.  His ears have small lobes.  His skin is dark olive. 
He is quite durable and strong, but he is susceptible to disease. 
`Gorlshk' Goluurzkhagh likes schist, shrapnel, moonstone, rope reed fiber fabric, the color cinnamon, rakes, steppe aurochs for their strength and bleak horrors for their macabre ways.  When possible, he prefers to consume heron, red-bellied piranha and sunberry juice.  He absolutely detests worms. 
He has an iron will, a good feel for social relationships and the ability to focus, but he has poor empathy and a questionable spatial sense. 
He greatly appreciates art and natural beauty.  He dislikes intellectual discussions.  He is not affected by the suffering of others.  He has a sense of duty.  He thinks through every alternative and its consequences before acting.  He tends to stretch out when he's bored.  He commonly winks as a form of greeting.  He does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time. 

And you almost couldn't have found one with better traits. Durable and strong to make him a powerful soldier. Iron will and good focus to let me persevere through whatever task I may be doing. And good feel for social relationships fit really well for the leadership role you gave him. Love how he has a sense of duty and thinks through every alternative and its consequences before acting. That helps as a soldier and a leader so that when he loses his cool he remains rational and in control. The poor empathy thing, as well as lack of caring about the suffering of others, is also a huge plus for a number of reasons. Gotta say I really like this Uruk. I don't care if it was blind luck or on purpose, this fits so well it's kind of spooky. Splint is a mind reader.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2014, 12:12:08 pm »

*Housing block, late evening*

"Hi there, crafty dude! Can you help me a bit?"

"Erm... Sure. Name's Palu, by th' way."

"THANK YOU PALU! LET ME SHAKE YOUR HAND FOR THIS!"

"Wait- Ow!"

"I'M SORRY!"

"Stop breakin' muh limbs, you goof! I ain't gonna do anything with fractured arms! Phew, man... Again, what do you want from me?"

"Ah need a tool!"

"Which tool?"

"Like, em... I was in human town once and-"

"Make it short, please."

"Fine. Well, I was in town once... In a place them humies call "theatre"... You know, where they dress funnily and reenact stories of old..."

"I understand. So, what about the tool?"

"Uhm... Which tool?"

"You've just asked me to make you a tool of some kind."

"Weren't we talkin 'bout... How it's called... Thater? Well, there was a play about a dwarf who got tired of his patrol duty and shot his drill sergeant..."

"Look, I've got no time for this. Which tool do you need?"

"...You know, ah never understood dem dwarves... Or did I?"

"A TOOL, YOU BIG LUG!"

"What? Oh, now I remember! I've been to a jewelry shop as well. There was a thingie the jeweler used for holding gems."

"Let me guess... Vices?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, I'll try to make those in my spare time, allright?"

"Oh, thank you man!"

"Ow! Don't grab my hand like that!"

"Sorry! Well, goodbye!"

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:17:09 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15