Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 357609 times)

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarting! 21 hours!
« Reply #960 on: October 21, 2014, 05:37:59 pm »

Finally backed the project, now. Here's hoping we'll get to 85k!
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 21, 2014, 06:24:03 pm »

$80000 has been breached. What the fuck this is amazing
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #962 on: October 21, 2014, 07:46:44 pm »

$80000 has been breached. What the fuck this is amazing

Yeah, this is incredible - the concept has resonated with a much greater audience than we expected.  So many map styles to choose from now that our budget has expanded drastically, we're busy getting all the styles up onto the forums with a description of the strengths/weaknesses and technical considerations of each.
That Which Sleeps
IndieDB| Website | Twitter

Rutee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 21, 2014, 08:18:19 pm »

Quote from: King Dinosaur Games
Abilities are split between Passive effects that change gameplay, Active abilities that are powerful but cost Ancient Power and generally produce clues, and Imbues to make your Agents more useful to you.
I see.  How broad are the passives?  Karth's are presumably focused on the Orcs and on War, but presumably in regard to the Orcs he has something to help them develop their culture, not just pure stomping power.

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #964 on: October 21, 2014, 08:30:00 pm »

Quote from: King Dinosaur Games
Abilities are split between Passive effects that change gameplay, Active abilities that are powerful but cost Ancient Power and generally produce clues, and Imbues to make your Agents more useful to you.
I see.  How broad are the passives?  Karth's are presumably focused on the Orcs and on War, but presumably in regard to the Orcs he has something to help them develop their culture, not just pure stomping power.

They can be incredibly broad, any global modifier can be set in a passive - they can also enable custom challenges and events.
That Which Sleeps

Rutee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 21, 2014, 09:12:23 pm »

So I assume some of the passives have to do with a religion outside of wozzername the Laughing God?  Like, not "The ability tree is ABOUT the religion".  That is clearly Joker's job.  But say, "Karth's got something in there to help him start a religion *with the Orcs*" or "Azlan gets a bonus to subverting the cult regarding around sleep and/or dreams"

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 21, 2014, 10:07:42 pm »

284$/ hour needed at this point.. Which is odd, since that's consistently been around what it's needed per hour since the final two days have started. Fingers crossed!
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 21, 2014, 10:15:59 pm »

$4000 in 14 hours. It can be done!
Sig! Onol

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 21, 2014, 10:18:53 pm »

For reference, that's less than 1$ pledge increase per existing backer.

But I don't really care about that last stretch goal so you're on your own.

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #969 on: October 22, 2014, 12:45:00 am »

So I assume some of the passives have to do with a religion outside of wozzername the Laughing God?  Like, not "The ability tree is ABOUT the religion".  That is clearly Joker's job.  But say, "Karth's got something in there to help him start a religion *with the Orcs*" or "Azlan gets a bonus to subverting the cult regarding around sleep and/or dreams"

We actually didn't have Religion in originally, it was a stretch goal - so Karth imparts bonuses to race (orc)- and no other Old One was designed with religion in mind.  We've also kept that divide because it leaves religion as another level of strategy you can undertake, if you wish, instead of focusing on the other core strategies.  Antagonizing the gods by stealing their followers might not be the best move, unless you're prepared to deal with the fallout from heaven.
That Which Sleeps

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 22, 2014, 12:49:26 am »

Unrelated, but Fallout From Heaven sounds like a kickass name for a band.

Also, when a non-Azlan Old One wakes up, can we actually walk around the map and fight people face-to-face? I got the impression that that was the case, but I just want to confirm that.
Sig! Onol

Rutee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 22, 2014, 01:10:25 am »

That's why I was asking; It was a stretch goal, and you hit it, so I was wondering if you'd revisit Abilities of existing GOOS to add in support for it where appropriate.  It sounds like Karth doesn't actually need it if I'm understanding the 'bonus to orcs' bit right, and I know anyone else's bonuses besides Laughing GOO are going to be far less and restricted to individual aspects of some existing passives, but it'd make sense to put it in where it's suitable to.

I mean take Belial; his agents have some foreknowledge of events that Will Be.  I assume that being able to present as a good Diviner is already useful for infiltration and influence gaining overall, but it must be all the moreso for breaking into a god of prophecy's house.   Where that isn't a thing, then it doesn't help much, and you can still exploit events you know will come.  If his agents can't present as a good diviner (Which is still perfectly plausible, since they could easily only be getting brief, not-understandable DO THIS urges and the like), then it doesn't make sense to add such a bonus.  I don't know what's in the abilities, but I find it slightly difficult to believe that there aren't some passives that'd be more useful for this purpose.

Jalak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 22, 2014, 03:28:22 am »

Since procederal and endless are in, how are you planning on having the nations and POIs tell us about their history? Is there going to be some sort of dynamic encyclopedia in-game that we can look up a generated history on?

Is there any chance of some sort of "history viewer" that we can use in-game that lets us view the nations rising and falling, like dwarf fortress does with it's legend map mode?

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #973 on: October 22, 2014, 04:58:31 am »

Unrelated, but Fallout From Heaven sounds like a kickass name for a band.

Also, when a non-Azlan Old One wakes up, can we actually walk around the map and fight people face-to-face? I got the impression that that was the case, but I just want to confirm that.

Most of the Old Ones have corporeal forms when they waken, though some either End the Game or have more unique methods of movement (or not moving).

That's why I was asking; It was a stretch goal, and you hit it, so I was wondering if you'd revisit Abilities of existing GOOS to add in support for it where appropriate.  It sounds like Karth doesn't actually need it if I'm understanding the 'bonus to orcs' bit right, and I know anyone else's bonuses besides Laughing GOO are going to be far less and restricted to individual aspects of some existing passives, but it'd make sense to put it in where it's suitable to.

I mean take Belial; his agents have some foreknowledge of events that Will Be.  I assume that being able to present as a good Diviner is already useful for infiltration and influence gaining overall, but it must be all the moreso for breaking into a god of prophecy's house.   Where that isn't a thing, then it doesn't help much, and you can still exploit events you know will come.  If his agents can't present as a good diviner (Which is still perfectly plausible, since they could easily only be getting brief, not-understandable DO THIS urges and the like), then it doesn't make sense to add such a bonus.  I don't know what's in the abilities, but I find it slightly difficult to believe that there aren't some passives that'd be more useful for this purpose.

I see where you are coming from, it may make sense to tie this to an imbue on an Agent if we decide to give a thematic bonus.

Since procederal and endless are in, how are you planning on having the nations and POIs tell us about their history? Is there going to be some sort of dynamic encyclopedia in-game that we can look up a generated history on?

Is there any chance of some sort of "history viewer" that we can use in-game that lets us view the nations rising and falling, like dwarf fortress does with it's legend map mode?

POIs, Heroes, Nations, Kings have history panels that should suffice for this - they're rather bland right now (just dumps of text) but we will probably group them up by age and highlight the most important events.
That Which Sleeps

Jalak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 22, 2014, 05:53:48 am »

So the kickstarter comes to a close in six hours and the new stretch goal is just out of reach. How important is that last $2,000? I'm fine without those culture graphics, but can we see the ascended option added in anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 210