Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 358803 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #1080 on: January 07, 2015, 10:12:55 am »

I am dying for this to come out...hands down one of my most anticipated games in a long time!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 01, 2015, 02:48:25 am »

There's been another update in which the demo date is more pinpointed - late march to early April, I think. There's also some more art coming out which looks goddamn fantastic and eeeeee~
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 01, 2015, 09:44:42 am »

Here's the update in question

The old one art is beyond anything you could expect; it's by Richard Luong who did the art for the Cthulhu Wars boardgame as well, so we've got a serious monster pedigree going on here.

I think the descriptions given are a little silly and sometimes aren't as informative as I'd like.  Though I've gone a complete 180 from thinking Limos sounded boring to thinking Limos sounds fucking awesome.  I guess I'm speculating here on what he actually is but a god whose only goal is complete universal genocide (concluding, of course, with his own destruction) is a rad concept. 
Shoes...

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 01, 2015, 01:39:38 pm »

I am still eagerly awaiting the release...I got the modding package...and I was the first backer :P I am excited lol

Vordrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps - Kickstarted!
« Reply #1084 on: February 15, 2015, 11:19:12 am »

(removed)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:11:18 pm by Toady One »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 15, 2015, 12:35:45 pm »

Ignore this guy.  He's a chud plugging his shitty blog by latching onto a nonexistent controversy and somehow(?!) trying to attach it to gamergate.

Long story short the devs plan to release a map editor to test out the various art assets but it's been buggy and the devs have had to retract several release dates.  This is hardly an abnormal thing (and wouldn't have happened at all had the devs not been transparent about their initial ideas for release dates) but a couple guys had some off-base complaints about the nature of kickstarter obligations and this dude apparently saw a chance to plug his blog and make some hilariously impotent threats and a sly implication that the game is a hoax.

Shoes...

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 15, 2015, 01:21:51 pm »

Yeah, as a backer I'm not at all disappointed in the way the developers have conducted themselves here.  They've been very engaged with the community from day one, and have been very open and incredibly apologetic about the delays in some of the tools that they hoped to get to backers sooner.  They're one of the few developers I've seen who've actually talked through the underlying mechanics of the game in order to explain why their initial timetable has shifted, and I'm perfectly happy with their explanations for it.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 15, 2015, 01:31:42 pm »

They have said many many many times and made it very clear that the success of the kickstarter and the extra stuff they are putting in has pushed back everything a good bit....I don't see the problem or controversy

lolz

Just read the article...what a fucking joke. He is trying to make it like it is some legal crusade about how we were all mislead and lied to...sounds like someone really likes to stir shit when they get butt hurt

Though I suppose it is hard to take anyone serious when they call their blog "The Witchfinder" and they call themselves an "inquisitor". Instead of trying to make shit up and tear down start ups why not waste your time bitching about real problems the world has.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:37:01 pm by dennislp3 »

Vordrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 15, 2015, 01:48:17 pm »

the devs have had to retract several release dates.

The article is no more than a statement of fact. A fortnight ago, we had the lead developer say this -

"The Map Builder is complete and will be in the hands of Beta Backers this weekend"

- and we are still waiting and have been for the last fortnight. Not to be harsh but we were originally promised a complete scenario viewer in November. It is true that the developers have been engaged, but so is Molyneux.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:54:51 pm by Vordrak »

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 15, 2015, 03:23:52 pm »

Not a big fan of the Witchfinder. Strange mix of bizarre politics with games articles.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 16, 2015, 04:49:44 pm »

It is true that the developers have been engaged, but so is Molyneux.

Molyneux isn't directly involved in the development of his/his company's games any more, and as such his statements come from a  designer/owner point of view (which has its pitfalls, as we well know).  KDG's statements, as far as I can see, all come directly from people involved in the actual programming/mechanics up to their elbows, and are far more practical in their tone and content.  Hence I'm both more comfortable with, and more impressed with, their level of engagement with the community.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 16, 2015, 06:10:46 pm »

Damn man, the self-title of 'witchfinder' just carries the perception that this person has nothing better to do then nitpick about shit cause they got a beef.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 16, 2015, 06:15:35 pm »

No, Lazycat would be trying to peddle a mod of this which is 'way betterer' which requires the game to have been released in the first place, which I don't think it has yet.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 17, 2015, 10:16:20 am »

If we're comparing people, I'd compare this dude to the blogger dude from Contagion.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ventuswings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 17, 2015, 02:42:54 pm »

Eh, their delay has justifiable reason, and they made clear of this fact when they proposed the idea of hex-based map upto the vote. I'll give them few months before I start to become actively concerned.

I can see where the argument is coming from though, Kickstarter is bound to foster some suspicion and it was disappointing that planned dev-logs and LP failed to materialize. Criticism under ridiculous guise of "Witchfinder" "Inquisifor" (WTF does these words even have positive connotation? I thought these were people who torture the undeserving) wasn't really the best PR stunt though, possibly. I wonder if he'll take credit if something happens soon.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 210