Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: D&D 3.5E Campaign: Aperta Mundi: IC Thread  (Read 12650 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5E Campaign: Aperta Mundi: IC Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2014, 08:52:34 pm »

Razed goes over to the guards, elf in tow, and requests to see the High Priest.
The dwarven guards examine you closely. One of them steps forward and says, "Nope. When he's done speaking to the ambassador, you can chat to him. But not before."

@@This is acceptable. I will wait.@@

Razed waits patiently.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2014, 11:26:47 pm »

Wyrne murmurs
'You see a gold mace? What I see is money waiting to be collected.'

He thinks for a moment.
'I also see a lack of people.'
"Well, yes, there is money, but we can't turn it into money here! This town is way too poor and small to be able to pawn it off. But if we strip the gold off, and sell the mace at a real town, we can make money off it. You in?"

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2014, 05:01:38 am »

"Is a good tool." Lanius said as he Continued to do that.
It's starting to look more like a plough and less like a chunk of twisted rusty metal now. Not quite done, though.

Razed waits patiently.
You don't have to wait long. The High Priest writes some kind of letter on a sheet of parchment, and gives it to the ambassador, who bows deeply.

The ambassador and his guards head back into the tavern. The High Priest comes over to speak with Razed.
"I greet you, child. I am Urien, High Priest of Pelor. How may I serve you this day?"

Spoiler: Status Report (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:19:55 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2014, 05:46:10 pm »

"I can't distract multiple targets. I can keep one guy's focus on me, but that's it. Think that that will be enough?"

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2014, 10:20:14 pm »

@@I am Razed, Paladin of the Forgotten Gods. I am here at the behalf of my order at the behest of my master, Sha'tard. I wish to discuss the official recognition of the Forgotten Gods as full gods. However, a more pressing matter intrudes upon my initial purpose. What do you know of Father Eogen? I do not believe he, nor his steed to be what they seem, not with an aura like his and what I have observed of his behaviour. However, there is probably a perfectly innocuous reason to be shrouded in a powerful evil aura and go around issuing threats that seem to me unsuited for a devotary of the Sun God, so I will not accuse him on such paltry evidence. I have caught but a glimpse of something I believe to be dangerous and my oaths do not allow me, in good conscience, to go without warning you of a potential danger.@@
Spooky Signature

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2014, 02:37:28 pm »

"'kay. Just give a whistle when you're ready."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2014, 04:08:28 pm »

@@I am Razed, Paladin of the ... warning you of a potential danger.@@
After you finish talking, the High Priest looks at you silently for a time. He glances here and there, furrows his brow... as though he's trying to figure out exactly what to say.
Finally, he speaks.
"I am aware of Eogan's... demeanor. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to reprimand him at this time. There are many things that I need to attend to now, regarding the dwarves' visit."
He starts walking away.

Meanwhile, at the top of the hill, Lanius finally has the plough in usable condition. The peasant who gave you the job will likely pay you for it, but unfortunately he's nowhere to be found.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2014, 05:28:42 pm »

Malkor decides to stop waiting around and tend to any sickness among the villagers.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2014, 05:49:11 pm »

Razed stands there for a moment, Forgotten Gods screaming in his head. All this time, all this waiting, his long journey and he is dismissed so easily.

@@Before men can believe in gods, they need to believe in men.@@
Razed whispers to himself.

He had believed in the High Priest, had thought that the Church of the Usurper Sun God would listen, would extend its much vaunted mercy towards his godly Patrons. Very well then. The people of this land believe only in what they see. And what power the Forgotten Gods have is channelled towards the order of paladins that sustains them. They cannot manifest or create miracles the way the Usurper Gods can. Who would believe in a god no one remembers or knows exists? But they will believe in him, will EARN their confidence. For too long the order of the Forgotten Gods has waited, sending diplomats to every religious leader across the land, petitioning for a place amongst the Usurper Gods. Well, its time to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps.

Investigate the blacksmith and market to see what I have to work with.
Spooky Signature

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2014, 10:22:45 pm »

"Zehr gut." Lanius said to himself as he stood from his work and walked out the door, perhaps crossing paths with a Paladin on the way, to go search for the others he had met earlier. Perhaps they'd have a task to accomplish.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2014, 12:44:40 am »

Dropping his pack, Mic walks into the middle of the street, and shouts out to anyone who will listen, "Ladies and Gentlemen! I have come here today! Not to witness this historic moment! Not to do business! Not to see the many sights! No! I! Have! Come! To! DANCE!"
Dance! Use Fascinate on a high priest's guard, if one is present.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2014, 05:48:50 pm »

Malkor decides to stop waiting around and tend to any sickness among the villagers.
You ask around for anyone who is sick or injured. But as far as you can tell, everyone here is healthy and strong.

Investigate the blacksmith and market to see what I have to work with.
The village is too small to have a market. You climb the hill to the blacksmith, and take a look around. Apart from some worn tools, old farming equipment, and deteriorating furniture, the shop is pretty much empty.

"Zehr gut." Lanius said to himself as he stood from his work and walked out the door, perhaps crossing paths with a Paladin on the way, to go search for the others he had met earlier. Perhaps they'd have a task to accomplish.
You head down to the centre of the village, just in time to see two thieves in action.

Mic gathers the attention of the priests' guard, and three peasants who were walking past at the time. (Fascinate: perform roll 14+4=18) When he begins to dance, the guard walks forward and sits a few feet in front of him, watching intently.
The other peasants share a look of confusion, but watch the crazy gnome anyway.

Meanwhile, Wyrne ducks behind a conveniently placed shrub, covers his face with a cloth, and (hide roll 18+5=23) stealthily sneaks up the the horses.
(search roll 20+1=21) Quickly glancing over the saddlebags, Wyrne swipes a pouch containing about fifty gold coins, Eogan's gold scepter (which is very heavy, it might be solid gold?), a bag of minor spell components, and a silver signet ring with the emblem of the Church of Pelor imprinted on it.
There's also some other stuff - rations, water, and horse treats - but the peasants have lost interest in the dance, and the guard has recovered from his trance. He's not looking towards you just yet...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:21:57 pm by InsanityIncarnate »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2014, 06:47:06 pm »

This place is pathetic. Its only importance is geographic.

Razed heads back to the area outside of the tavern.

The elf and possibly one or two of the others might be useful. Nothing else here really is.

Remember locations in the nearby countryside. If memory fails, accost random peasant with questions to find out.
Spooky Signature

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2014, 08:34:28 pm »

"Hm... Is not my job." Lanius says with a small frown "But may be reward. Is bored anyways."

Throw Light Hammer at nearest thief in an attempt to knock him out.

Unless, of course, they are my allies. In which case, don't do that.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2014, 04:43:59 pm »

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'll be here all day!"
See if the tavern is open. If so, see if I can setup in the corner and preform.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8