Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: University Course  (Read 1024 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
University Course
« on: September 20, 2014, 11:31:40 pm »

I am torn between two options. There is English with Creative Writing, and English and History.

These are the two courses I'd like to do. But I don't know which is more likely to lead to a job at the end.

I'm very worried about the consequences of a bad choice, and any advice/help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: University Course
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 11:56:47 pm »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:12:26 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 11:57:06 pm »

General life advice: I don't think there's anything you can learn that isn't useful, as long as you're good at applying it. I shit you not, a psychology course I took affects my engineering and design work every day.

That said, the latter two read better simply because typically, if you're not a straight-up author of some sort, you're being told what to write instead of making up your own.

No clue what you want your job to be, though. Realistically, it doesn't matter.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 12:23:48 am »

Personally, I'd favour the the Creative Writing one, simply because I'm biased. I'm mostly posting here to say this:
a psychology course I took affects my engineering and design work every day
You're shitting me.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 12:26:28 am »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:12:20 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 12:38:15 am »

Yeah, I know. acetech used the phrase "I shit you not", however, so I decided to make a joke.
Granted, it wasn't very good, but I've gotta save the A material for the popular threads.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 12:39:13 am »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:12:07 pm by Vector »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 12:41:23 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)