Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (Medieval Boogaloo)  (Read 48351 times)

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (And So It Begins...)
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2014, 01:31:37 pm »

Gimpy's become a mascot of sorts for the army.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2014, 01:59:48 pm »

Jarlsberg Cheese was Impressed by the Military Parade run in His Honor. He will forever remember the Gratitude of the Musical Peoples. Unfortunately, he has Larger Concerns and must move on.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2014, 08:31:51 pm »

Yes, I too have Larger Concerns, specifically where to expand now that all the independents I can reach have been subjugated (I need more Ho's for my pimps).  However, I believe I have a solution to this horrible problem which doesn't involve a war with a player or pimpslapping.

Also:  Gimpy is hilarious, how is he not dead?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2014, 08:41:50 pm »

Gimpy's pretty awesome, but for sheer outrageousness, I present this guy: (note - from one of the other games I'm playing, not this one)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dude's not even undead! I don't care how good your regeneration + mages casting healing are, you should NOT still be trying to kick me like some Monty Python cosplayer.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2014, 10:13:47 pm »

I cant help but cheer for gimpy.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 04, 2014, 09:07:31 am »

What is Gimpy, and is he actually nicknamed Gimpy?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2014, 09:28:59 am »

If the llamaserver doesn't sort emails by timestamp before processing them, and can get them out of order, it could get a bit confused. I keep altering my orders:

And those are just the re-submissions, since I got my initial turn submission in before it broke.

(The last resubmission, though, was just renaming a commander)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2014, 06:22:45 pm »

What is Gimpy, and is he actually nicknamed Gimpy?
Gimpy is, sadly, not a Commander. He is a Skinshifter that has been in my army from the very beginning. I am not sure how he hasn't died yet, because while Skinshifters tend to accumulate Afflictions whenever they take the blow that transforms them, they usually won't survive what happens afterwards if they can't really defend themselves.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2014, 07:57:34 pm »

There is a nature spell that can elevate someone to commander.  You know what to do.

Edit:  Alright, which one of you chucklefucks just claimed the throne of summer?   >:(
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:08:50 pm by Puzzlemaker »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2014, 01:01:29 am »

The cruelty. I had a bad start and naturally I expected to get attacked but getting double teamed just seems like overkill :(. My regret is mainly confined to the realization I can't realistically even put up a decent fight against two players.

Eh it's just dominions though. Bandar may die but Jim shall live on and return again as the ruler of a more annoying, boring but easy to play nation. Mark Jim's words!
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2014, 01:36:29 am »

We did not Anticipate that we would Invade until we saw the Destruction of your Elephants. We certainly did not Anticipate the Interference of the Scary Clanking Blue Men.

The filthy stinking monkeys may not have Aspired to much of anything, but their Downfall has created a Decisive Moment. This Unexpected Clash of Stratagems may be a Catalyst for either future Confrontation or future Alliance. We do not know which of these will be Chosen, but Jarlsberg Cheese is Stubborn and We do not wish to Inform Him that the planned Conquest of the Land of the Monkey Peoples and Elephant Dung went Sour.

(( It really was more of an attack of opportunity than anything else, but in all honesty I am terrified of late-game Bandar Log. It's the main reason I want to play them, although given your start the only way you ever get there would have been through really smart and active diplomacy. And depending on who's bordering you, even that may not save you. ))
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:41:11 am by Hellheart »

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2014, 05:37:05 am »

hmm...don't know if it only does affect me but the turn today was put into the spam folder of email provider. so I would mention it.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Inactive Therian Saga Char: Stormhead
Dominions: 4.03 Berytos; 4.06 Pangaea; 4.08 Arcoscephale; 4.11 Shinuyama
Inactive Wurm Online Char: Stormhead

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2014, 08:08:43 am »

You have a 'not spam' button, right?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2014, 09:01:32 am »

You have a 'not spam' button, right?
yes sure...and I look every day into my spam folder for such "events" but perhaps it's some global anti-spam-software-or-rule-change in the world so that others could be stale because they don't see it.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Inactive Therian Saga Char: Stormhead
Dominions: 4.03 Berytos; 4.06 Pangaea; 4.08 Arcoscephale; 4.11 Shinuyama
Inactive Wurm Online Char: Stormhead

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2014, 11:38:12 am »

Nothing like that in mine. *ignores the emails from Heroes and Generals, Infinity Wars, and Supremacy 1914 which appear to have found their way into the Spam folder*
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33