Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (Medieval Boogaloo)  (Read 48352 times)

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 - Round 11B (Medieval Boogaloo)
« Reply #465 on: April 10, 2015, 05:41:55 pm »

Are you bored because you're not fighting, or just not interested because you don't think you can win, or what? You haven't actually been fighting anyone, have you? My scouts haven't seen any battles in your territory, besides Pangaea. (I'm still playing because I want to see what happens, if nothing else, which is one reason I have a ridiculous amount of scouts)

It's as Delta Foxtrot says, simple burn out. We're at turn 83 now and my heart hasn't been in the game since the 60s. I don't open the turn with joy, only apathy. Really what's mostly caused it is Jotunheim itself, I don't usually like playing the Giant nations and playing as them now has reinforced that opinion.

It's likely that if I had entered into another war not long after Scelerias demise and the sometimes agonizing micro management hell that accompanies a large war I would have bowed out sooner regardless of how the fight would have gone.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 14, 2015, 07:45:07 am »

(( I need an extension. 12h should be enough, but 24h would be safer. ))

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 14, 2015, 11:18:53 pm »

(( I asked for an extension with plenty of time, both on Steam and on here. Nearly 12 hours before the turn was due. I haven't looked at the turn and I don't plan on doing so.

Can I get a rollback? ))

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 14, 2015, 11:21:41 pm »

A what now?

And lose the several hours I just spent?

See, this is why the time limit should have been increased.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 14, 2015, 11:33:30 pm »

(( How did you spend several hours? @_@

EDIT: I mean, I spend several hours in thought, but even with my significantly larger empire size I can't find a way to spend hours tinkering with my turn here. ))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:35:03 pm by Hellheart »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 14, 2015, 11:43:32 pm »

See, this is why the time limit should have been increased.
We're at 48, what'd you want it set to?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 15, 2015, 03:51:24 am »

72 hours might help avoid some of the staling, assuming nobody is ignoring the emails. I see there are a lot of stales recently. (Or if someone has been needing more time than that regularly, go with what they've been needing.)

(As for what I did, pretty much everything: Looking things up, moving items and gems and troops around, changing combat orders (and rearranging spells and troops), sending commanders to places, micromanaging all my scouts (this took a while), changing my recruitment orders and spellcasting ritual orders, and then double and triple checking everything before I sent my turn in. Of course, if I had noticed the stale I probably wouldn't have done all that... :P

I'll keep a backup of the save for comparison to make sure I don't forget anything once we reach turn 85 again.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:53:34 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 15, 2015, 11:04:00 am »

(( It'll take me a bit longer than I anticipated to finish this turn. I have a lot of the groundwork done, but I've found it hard to focus. I did more or less finish all of my other turns in the process, though, so I can focus on this one tonight if I don't pass out from sheer fatigue. ))

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 16, 2015, 08:34:36 am »

Jotun staled before, right? Are they not doing their turn or do they need more time or... just letting it run out?

(Also, did Ulm stale? I see they have submitted. Not that I would complain much if they're abusing future-knowledge, since they have, like, 3 provinces or so. Although I'm not the one they'd be abusing it against.)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 08:36:14 am by Shadowlord »

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 16, 2015, 12:02:49 pm »

Jotun staled before, right? Are they not doing their turn or do they need more time or... just letting it run out?

Despite my earlier posting, yes I did do my turn. I intend to until I can find a sub with experience or at least enthusiasm. Which may never happen.

Also that was very tricky of you Marignon, it will take more than a lightly armed angel to steal that Throne.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 16, 2015, 12:30:08 pm »

(( AFAICT none of the others staled. It just says that nobody's submitted because that's the nature of rollbacks.

I've submitted my turn, so the turn should be processed whenever he get around to reading that. ))

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 16, 2015, 05:53:19 pm »

Also that was very tricky of you Marignon, it will take more than a lightly armed angel to steal that Throne.
It would've worked if you didn't have a fort there (unless the rollback made it so you won, in which case I'm going to be really pissed at Hellheart)

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 16, 2015, 06:29:08 pm »

It would've worked if you didn't have a fort there (unless the rollback made it so you won, in which case I'm going to be really pissed at Hellheart)

Only if it made the Mind Hunt not work this time.

EDIT: And it didn't. Great. Well if it can work once before in an alternate universe, it can work again.

Such is the vicissitudes of war.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:33:31 pm by Margrave »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 16, 2015, 08:43:12 pm »

Speaking of which, I finally recruited an air mage (with only a 3.33% chance per attempt)... in the alternate reality which no longer exists.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 17, 2015, 05:32:12 am »

(( In the alternate reality, I definitely did not kill my own Father Illearth with the lightning attacks from 50+ of my own Storm Demons... ))
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33