Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616774 times)

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #405 on: October 18, 2014, 04:39:24 pm »

The Shrine will be in World B, where the Divine Library orbits.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 18, 2014, 04:43:33 pm »

(Should there be a list of everyones creations somewhere?)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #407 on: October 18, 2014, 07:16:13 pm »

Tick 08: Juggling the jobs

This tick marks the time of a few more discoveries and innovations by the mortals, pushed along by their creators. The Hummingbirds have, under Kli, begun learning about exactly what the god of balance's idea of balance really is. The Light has sent a drought to the Luminees, killing several dozen but strengthening the rest's devotion or independence from divine intervention. Azem has expanded and enhanced a few golden silk orb-weavers, expending some Essence to bend the relevant physical requirements for spider survival. Artisanii has created an impressive statue and shrine and a small team of Muses to inspire the world's artists and improve their shrine. The Void background radiation seems to have decreased once again for unknown causes.

As it has for quite a few ticks, the end of the mortal project seems so close and yet so far. As of now, all but one of the gods have donated some additional Essence for the cause. They will likely be able to prototype quite a few additional races to meet the 3 million mortal requirement.

(Also, I'll try compiling a list of the worlds' features later.)

Spoiler: Deities (+0*) (click to show/hide)

The following players have been marked inactive for voting purposes: IronyOwl/Valkiss, Salsacookies/Dar-MA-Gome
If you have been marked inactive and would like to become active again, simply post and you will be marked active again (for voting purposes). Inactivity does not mean being killed off and having your Essence redistributed (without a proposal for that).

Spoiler: Council rules (+0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

Please remember to bold or underline support or opposition.

Spoiler: 03.00 Status (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. While many important details have already been discussed and/or created, there is still plenty of room for more creation.

Current sphere ideas are Earth, Valor, Knowledge, and Air.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 18, 2014, 07:36:39 pm »

(C'mon The Light, or else I'll be mighty pissed at you when I awaken!)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:25:17 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #409 on: October 18, 2014, 08:09:03 pm »

In other news, it has glittered in an entire Mountwyrm village for a whole week.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 18, 2014, 08:17:48 pm »

If noone want to suggest more design for 3.00 i suggest we increase the purposed design to 100k each and i can come up with 28 more design so this project can finish.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #411 on: October 18, 2014, 08:26:35 pm »

If noone want to suggest more design for 3.00 i suggest we increase the purposed design to 100k each and i can come up with 28 more design so this project can finish.
((20k each? It should be enough...
People, suggest designs/increase your current numbers!))

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 18, 2014, 09:02:03 pm »

((20k would mean we need 150 design for 3 million....))

I suggest a feline humanoid with cat claw and fur that lives in the forest.
A large but not very smart humanoid the live of it sheer strength.
A small short humanoid that like ti dig and like to be drunk all day long.
And maybe a few race of smaller humanoid that use magic.
An aquatic race the lve in the ocean and have some webbing in their hand and feet.
Winged humanoid that live in the mountain peaks.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 18, 2014, 09:13:21 pm »

((I think the 3 million are going to be humans and these other races are extras due to having leftover Essence.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 18, 2014, 09:34:12 pm »

"I suggest we make 1 million of them minimum unaligned humans with no particularly influence of any sphere. This will allow us all to take followers from, and all of us to receive influence. Certainly, there is no issue with this?"

Also, we have a god of humans who should really start doing something around here.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 18, 2014, 09:39:23 pm »

I suggest a feline humanoid with cat claw and fur that lives in the forest.
A large but not very smart humanoid the live of it sheer strength.
A small short humanoid that like ti dig and like to be drunk all day long.
And maybe a few race of smaller humanoid that use magic.
An aquatic race the lve in the ocean and have some webbing in their hand and feet.
Winged humanoid that live in the mountain peaks.

"The last one seems redundant.  I like the second one though."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #416 on: October 18, 2014, 09:47:44 pm »

"I suggest we make 1 million of them minimum unaligned humans with no particularly influence of any sphere. This will allow us all to take followers from, and all of us to receive influence. Certainly, there is no issue with this?"
We could each take 20,000 and then make the rest unaligned humans.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 18, 2014, 09:51:12 pm »

07.5 mini-update updated for donations, Essence, and stuff. I'll make sure I write the next one before I get too sleepy and end up cp'ing tickly/tick006 tickly/tick0075 or something.

Kli smiles once more, and addresses every single one of the Hummingbirds.

He tells them that he understands their concerns; they wish to always feel the freedom of having the wind under their wings, to grow and spread themselves throughout the world, to never have their lives run short, and more.

He pauses, then asks them what the meaning of Balance is.

He makes sure that his tone of voice is not scolding, but rather like an eager teacher seeking responses from his own students.
A young Hummingbird: "To always get what you want!"
Another young Hummingbird: "When this tree isn't falling?"
A Hummingbird: "When we attack claw-birds for wanting to eat us?"
An elderly Hummingbird: "To be brave enough to accept death as a necessary part of the cycle."
Another Hummingbird: "Standing on one foot?"
Yet another Hummingbird: "When we sacrifice something to get something else or the other way around?"
Still another Hummingbird: "When we fly in place like no lesser bird can?"

How do you respond?

Kli chuckles softly.
He tells them that out of their many answers, only two are close to the essence of the answer.
He affirms that Balance is everything working together in harmony; which does include accepting death as necessary. From death comes new life, he explains. Only from the remains of the fallen can the seeds of the earth grow into new trees and plants. Only can there be room for fledglings to test their wings when those whose time has ran out can have their peace.
He reminds them that that does not mean that Balance cannot only be found with death, life and death must coexist together equally. That is the core of Balance; coexisting together in life equally.
He also states that Balance must be maintained, in order to achieve something, one must give up something of equal meaning and worth. Such is the nature of Sacrifice; to fly, one needs to sacrifice their energy. To stop hostile claw-birds from attacking your flock, one needs to sacrifice their time and some of their help to defend themselves.
Kli warmly praises the two Hummingbirds who gave these answers. After, he warmly addresses the other Hummingbirds, saying that while their answers were not very close to the nature of Balance, they were still of importance.
Kli allows his words to sink in for a moment, before saying that while he is a god, he cannot help them with all of their problems at all times; he may not be available should danger lurk from beyond. Therefore, as both a gift and a responsibility, he will grant them the ability to solve most of their problems themselves.

Before they can ask him what his words mean, Kli attunes the entire race of Hummingbirds on both worlds, as well as their future offspring, to Musical and Divine magic.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 18, 2014, 09:51:49 pm »

Also, we have a god of humans who should really start doing something around here.
I am a SLEEPING BABY. WHAT IS A SLEEPING BABY EVEN CAPABLE OF DOING? The other gods aren't even aware of my EXISTENCE. Once humans are made, I awaken. When I awaken I can do stuff. That stuff includes revealing myself to the other gods which will happen about a minute after I awaken.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 18, 2014, 10:09:59 pm »

We could each take 20,000 and then make the rest unaligned humans.
"I support this idea. My share shall be small bearded humanoids who live underground."
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 475