Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616225 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T32: Excitement and strife
« Reply #1860 on: November 12, 2014, 01:05:34 am »

"How do you people even get this info? First Artisanii and now Serac?"
"I wear this blindfold for a reason."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: November 12, 2014, 01:07:07 am »

I haven't had contact with them since two ticks after I made the temple. The only one I talked with was Talls, and you guys scared him off.

"Aha! At last, I have gotten you to admit dealing with the void. Now lets look at the facts. One, there is a temple at the bottom of the sea that I could not destroy. You made it, after dealing with the void. You have dealt with the void before. Two, just a few ticks ago people where drowning themselves. From my investigations in the cult, I discovered it was lead by Ngysnaighonuibimusnbuzhrluiongg, the seer of water. Probably friends with "talls", seeing as he is the "master of water". Now three. Just after a bunch of people sacrifice themselves to the water seer, a bunch of demons start appearing. Do you think all this is just a coincidence?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: November 12, 2014, 01:12:41 am »

You tried and failed to destroy the temple? Really I had wondered why it hadn't been dealt with by you before. That's quite enlightening. Care to tell us exactly what happened? That information is probably useful to us all for better understanding what the outsiders are capable of.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1863 on: November 12, 2014, 01:14:41 am »

"How do you people even get this info? First Artisanii and now Serac?"
The library. Where else?

People were drowning themselves? When was this? When I was asleep?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: November 12, 2014, 01:21:20 am »

"I am happy for you. How are things going here?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: November 12, 2014, 01:27:41 am »

You tried and failed to destroy the temple? Really I had wondered why it hadn't been dealt with by you before. That's quite enlightening. Care to tell us exactly what happened? That information is probably useful to us all for better understanding what the outsiders are capable of.

"Yes, ages ago. I had spent a few tricks tracking down its location, poor Tykki searching all alone in the vast expanse of the sea. I had long ago upgraded her ability to sense eldrich energies, just for this mission. This was among my first actions, back when the world was young. She had, at last, discovered the temple, destroying it's guardian that Serac had put in place. She then dutifully filled the entire thing with high explosives, top to bottom. As they went off, we lost communications in mid sentence. I panicked, and decided to go down by crafting my own body in Tykki's design. Communications where reestablished before I could do so, but I had decided it would be best for me to go down and investigate myself. I carefully crafted my own body, and examined the disappointingly unexploded temple. It was scorched, as you can still see today, but not destroyed. In fact, it hard darkened the water around it. That is what had cut our communications off. We then entered the temple after arming ourselves, carefully exploring our way toward the middle, staying close so our communication would work correctly. We found a symbol in the center, seemingly important that made even me dizzy to look at. I pulled out a ceremonial dagger of Fusil and tried to desecrate it, failing to even scratch it. I had decided it would be unlikely that anything else I tried physically at this point would work, Tykki figured out that it is likely the temple can only be destroyed by one of the ones who made it. I decided right then to go to the library for books, the first time I had done so, to research ways to destroy it. Tykki brought the entire shelf, I made them all waterproof, and we went back down to examine the runes. I gained a lot of information, and had Tykki study lawmancy in an attempt to break the deal, but have had no success so far. It would have gone better, but I had kept getting distracted by other things. I kept going back to the books for research, but have not yet found a way to level it, no matter how many times I return."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: November 12, 2014, 01:28:28 am »

The scientists are told to stop working on the grenades and to start working on weapons that can kill the monsters, unless the best weapon is better grenades.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1867 on: November 12, 2014, 01:30:55 am »

He cut my whale in half and dropped a bomb on it. It didn't work.

Levrime(?) the whale is there to keep anything dangerous from coming out unnoticed.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:37:58 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: November 12, 2014, 01:33:44 am »

"A whale? That's not a very good guardian. A swarm of giant sharks might've been better if you ask me."

-snip-
"What about we move it? It shouldn't be too hard. We just explode the ground around it, get some angels to pick it up, and fly it off into space!" :D "If that doesn't work we could just use More Dakka."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1869 on: November 12, 2014, 01:37:40 am »

Tykki figured out that it is likely the temple can only be destroyed by one of the ones who made it.
Three essence.

"A whale? That's not a very good guardian. A swarm of giant sharks might've been better if you ask me."
He is a magic whale...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: November 12, 2014, 01:38:58 am »

"What about we move it? It shouldn't be too hard. We just explode the ground around it, get some angels to pick it up, and fly it off into space!" :D "If that doesn't work we could just use More Dakka."

"I had considered melting it to the core of the planet, but that would leave the temple around and probably still undamaged. Speaking of space, there was another anomaly in the atmosphere above the planet. A group of eldrich energies much like the temple, however Tykki was unable to find it do to the even more vast area of space. I was going to search and destroy it later, after the first temple had been taken care of. The hand of the weapon god itself could not dent the temple, more attempts would be a waste of time that could be spent actually stopping it. If Serac breaks the deal, it will likely break the temple."

Levitas(?) the whale is there to keep anything dangerous from coming out unnoticed.

"There was a giant whale near a known void temple. I have a right to assume that it is hostile."

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: November 12, 2014, 01:41:43 am »

"Perhaps you could ask about things before trying to murder them?" Anath suggests about the current whale discussion.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1872 on: November 12, 2014, 01:42:12 am »

Levitas(?) the whale is there to keep anything dangerous from coming out unnoticed.
"There was a giant whale near a known void temple. I have a right to assume that it is hostile."
He got better. :P

And it would cost me three essence to destroy the temple completely.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: November 12, 2014, 01:44:30 am »

He is a magic whale...
"Well why not a swarm of magic giant sharks?"

"The hand of the weapon god itself could not dent the temple, more attempts would be a waste of time that could be spent actually stopping it."
"Well what if we all put in a bit of Essence into a giant energy cannon and then we were like 'SUPREME ULTRA DIVINE ANNIHILATOR BLAST!" and then we'd be like *BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!* and we'd fire it and it would just disappear in a huge explosion because it's awesome! You think that'll work?"

"Unless we're going with SUDA, I propose that Serac has to destroy the temple or else be SUDA'd by the other gods."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:12:15 am by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: November 12, 2014, 01:48:21 am »

"Perhaps you could ask about things before trying to murder them?" Anath suggests about the current whale discussion.

"Serac had made a deal with the Null. Thus, any obstacles his creations offered to me had to be cut down. Besides, I was still acting covertly. I had openly accused Serac of dealing with the null, but it was not until now that he has actually admitted to such.

Besides, isn't anyone else impressed with the fact Tykki can cut a whale in half with a single blow? I had known it would come back, but it gone long enough for me to investigate the temple fully, and she managed to do it without getting noticed."

And it would cost me three essence to destroy the temple completely.

"Why in the world have you not done so already?"

"Well what if we all put in a bit of Essence into a giant energy cannon and then we were like 'SUPREME ULTRA DIVINE ANNIHILATOR BLAST!" and then we'd be like *BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!* and we'd fire it and it would just disappear in a huge explosion because it's awesome! You think that'll work?"

"Not at all. Tykki tried her best to destroy it and failed. Tykki being the strongest creation, at that time and to the modern day, anything else would no doubt fail."

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 475