Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616586 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T32: Excitement and strife
« Reply #1905 on: November 12, 2014, 03:59:50 pm »

There is a booming message from Main'ytluzhrmnegiph'eeshynyzhr. "One of you is breaking a binding agreement made with N'emy our Prophet of Jelly Rolls now. Fix this or we will."

(Yaos: Proposal added; Cim: Votes counted)

Neron: "We shall do as you say, Great Neron. We shall dedicate a fraction of our people to priesthood as you describe."

(The Light: -4E)
The Light: You have created a rainbow encircling Keshan for a day. You have also formed a mountain many miles (and even more kilometers) high and protected it from erosion. There is a spiral tower of obsidian and a red stone with a great hall inside.

(Khaziraad: -2E)
Khaziraad: You reshape The Light's godmountain into an eight-walled fortress surrounding the spiral tower, to which you add eight ice towers as support. You also add a stairway from the gates to the base of the tower, a stone path leading from the gate to the forum, 88 ice golems to greet mortal visitors and guard the fortress, and a granite obelisk inside the hall, which mortals can touch to have their words heard by a god of their choice.

You also send your five angels to wall off the areas infested with monsters. This is difficult to define, as the surrounding towns are also infested with monsters.

Serac: Nuparhi has been wounded severely! Nuparhi has returned to the Plane of Oceans and Bubbles.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 12, 2014, 05:44:08 pm »

Grauel goes to eat a couple of the monsters; noting how they taste and if they provide any interesting essence.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 12, 2014, 05:52:56 pm »

Do they? The cultists are exercising their free will to worship who they want... And most of those are caused by the cultists not the void beings themselves.

And in my own cities these are all false. All of those things are not happening to my worshipers.

"MOST of those deaths. MOST. Some are still caused by the Beings themselves, and who knows how many of that MOST is ordered by the Beings? Moreover, just because it's not happening in your cities doesn't mean it's not happening elsewhere. At the very least it's passing through Human lands and it's doing a lot of damage. Maybe it's not passing through your followers because they're aligned to you? Or maybe it's because you're apparently on such good terms with the Void? In the case of the latter option it means that they are trying to conquer those who do not align with them, and that goes against Anath's Code.
Void worship also teaches to reject the gods and worship only the Void and Void Beings, so it is most definitely telling them not to worship us and thus breaking another part of Anath's Code.
They aren't even part of the Bubble so who knows? Maybe they're also breaking the universe and we don't even know it? That's possibly a third transgression against the Code.
Destroy the temple or maybe I'll send Vaal with the VDD through your lands, assuming my proposal doesn't pass."

Grauel goes to eat a couple of the monsters; noting how they taste and if they provide any interesting essence.
Yaos goes down and eats some of the monsters that've been immobilised and wounded by his angels (assuming Grauel's experiment succeeds). The rest are double-tapped and sent to the Scientists for !!SCIENCE!!

Since the monsters are apparently immune to fire, the Scientists are told to make a grenade that does more explosive or perhaps even armour-piercing damage if they can do it. They will use the bodies gifted by Cim and the Yaosian angels as test dummies. (How big are these monsters exactly?)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: November 12, 2014, 06:03:34 pm »

Name: N'emy
Function: Prophet of Jelly Rolls
Alignment: Luminant
Age/Caste/Tier: Grand Capital: Mesal
Tendency: Dynamic
Description: N'emy, the Prophet of Jelly Rolls, is a notoriously untrustworthy Thing. Many of Its deals harm Its clients directly or indirectly. However, despite Its poor reputation for bad deals, It has never actually lied, and It often takes advantage of desperate gods to advance Its goals.

"Alright, the fool who dealt with this fool better fess up. By my research, you are soon to have a Killer after you, as well as this guy. Together, that would be three Null. Really, you should at the very least do your research when dealing with demons. Ill help drive them off if I can at least get a taste of them, but you really shouldn't have made that deal in the first place..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1909 on: November 12, 2014, 06:04:17 pm »

Who made a deal with the prophet of Jellyrolls?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*snip*
Well, the cultists in my realm still worship me... The reason they don't still worship you is because you kill them. How many have you killed by removing the cults?
Anyways, I have been convinced by another party to destroy the temple.

Destroy the temple and then visit Nuparhi. I will heal him, then ask him what caused his wounds.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T33: Monsters!
« Reply #1910 on: November 12, 2014, 07:04:24 pm »

"Hm. Have you heard of the Void Cults that plague the humans?"

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: November 12, 2014, 07:15:13 pm »

"Confessions, I do create because I want to create, and if it becomes necessary to me to destroy I will destroy, but to create havoc as these monsters is simply not my style, yet I do not despise them so much. I mentioned it already destruction is an aspect of the Light, as well as creation and ordering. Destruction is a dynamic force creating space for new things."

Listen to prayers of my followers.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1912 on: November 12, 2014, 07:18:31 pm »

Tick 33: Monsters!

Monsters have appeared from a Dwarven fortress on Keshan! The war has been postponed by a truce until a way of dealing with monsters can be found. It appears that some of the monsters, mindless as they are, have taken to drawing odd symbols in the blood of the slain from which more monsters appear. The source of these diverse monsters is unknown, but many speculate that the Void is linked to this sudden nightmare.

Spoiler: Monster symbolic map (click to show/hide)

The null angels of Yaos have begun testing the latest weapons from the scientists. It appears that their effectiveness varies wildly according to the specific monster targeted. Some of the monsters seem to be composed of solid metal (and somehow manage to move) and are barely dented by some of the other tested weapons that work well on other monsters. Taken as an aggregate, the monsters seem not to have any particular weakness or strength (except fire).

The scientists have received some of the monsters Cim froze. Testing is difficult on something that can be literally described as unchanging, but they manage to produce more detailed pictures for their current listing of monster types. The dead samples provided by the angels are of little help, as most of the generally more effective methods would take far too long in battle.

Khaziraad's angels have begun constructing a wall around the plains surrounding the gates of the Dwarven fortress from which the monsters emerged.

Grauel has consumed a number of monsters. They do not seem to contain any special or exotic essence, but they would taste quite delicious with some fermented human spice. Yaos has also consumed a number of monsters. BLUH! Only someone Hungry would ever want these things. (Yaos: Double tapped?)

The Rani have created a priestly division to serve as healers, advisors, and guides to the people. A White Wing sect has recently emerged, but details of their beliefs are still unclear.

The Light created a rainbow to encircle Keshan for an entire day. This impossible miracle impresses many who are able to see it. The Light has also created a tower on a high mountain on an island protected against erosion. Khaziraad has expanded the location to an eight-walled ice fortress supporting the tower and placed 88 ice golems and added a granite stone mortals may use to communicate with the gods.

Serac has destroyed the Slythan Void temple. Theere is no significant change in the number of monsters appearing. Nuparhi has been healed back, and says that the attacker was a winged metal monster of a vaguely humanoid shape.

Alprozem: "Yes. What do you want to know about them?"

This update's constellations are the Shield and Gravestone. The Keshan aurora are very strong, and the Slythan ice ring has become very prominent.

(Serac: -3E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0-*) (click to show/hide)
The following players are in danger of being marked as inactive: MedicInDisquise/Artisanii, LostInNowhere/Joha, Illgeo/Taol

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (4) (click to show/hide)

New players are no longer being added for the war minigame, although new players in general are welcome. The war turn is almost over.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1913 on: November 12, 2014, 07:23:51 pm »

Serac has destroyed the Slythan Void temple. There is no significant change in the number of monsters appearing. Nuparhi has been healed back, and says that the attacker was a winged metal monster of a vaguely humanoid shape.
Do you believe me now? It had nothing to do with me.
And nice job attacking an ally during a war...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 12, 2014, 07:26:28 pm »

"An ally? You made a pact with the demons, then lied about it when confronted. All of your followers should rightly be considered enemies. It seems that your Angel was not as strong as you thought. It is obvious those new symbols have something to do with the temple's destruction not working, it is possible that you ordered them to create new symbols when those in the temple where destroyed. Maybe they will leave if we destroy all the new symbols now?"

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1915 on: November 12, 2014, 07:35:22 pm »

It is obvious those new symbols have something to do with the temple's destruction not working, it is possible that you ordered them to create new symbols when those in the temple where destroyed. Maybe they will leave if we destroy all the new symbols now?"
Or it was Varee who summoned the demons, or it was the person who made a deal with the jelly roll prophet, the one who was actually making deals with the void beings? ???
The demons have been tested to have nothing to do with the void, were they not? I don't see why you are so sure they are void aligned. ::)

And you can look at my essence count, I have been doing no secret projects. Nuparhi was fighting on your side against them, I don't know why you attacked him.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 12, 2014, 07:38:39 pm »

"Anything you know about them would be helpful. The Void greatly concerns all the gods."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1917 on: November 12, 2014, 07:42:08 pm »

Cause an eternal heavy rain to appear over the lands where the demons are fighting.
They can't draw in blood if they have no blood, right?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 12, 2014, 07:46:34 pm »

Or it was Varee who summoned the demons, or it was the person who made a deal with the jelly roll prophet, the one who was actually making deals with the void beings? ???

"The void thing announced that the deal had not be upheld, seeing as a massive army has been spawned that is unlikely. I haven't seen Varee's meter move enough to have done such a thing without void influence."

The demons have been tested to have nothing to do with the void, were they not? I don't see why you are so sure they are void aligned. ::)

"They where shown not to have any eldrich energies, that does not necessarily mean they had nothing to do with the void. I cannot think of anyone else who would want to bring such purposeless destruction..."

And you can look at my essence count, I have been doing no secret projects. Nuparhi was fighting on your side against them, I don't know why you attacked him.

"Unless you had the void refund it, as you had last time. Nurparhi could have easily been faking the fighting, instead helping or leading the monsters in some way. Like teaching them the symbols they need to make more of themselves and survive without the temple?"

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1919 on: November 12, 2014, 08:03:05 pm »

Ritual magic of teleportation is probably what they are using. I sealed their entrance to the world, and so they found another way in.
Why would it be void whoknowswhat?

And the void could have refunded it, but then why would I do it? What would I stand to gain from creating an army of demons in a dwarven mountainhome?

Nurparhi was fighting, he would have no reason not to. Unless someone corrupted my angel, which I doubt. If I wanted a leader I would have sent Angela, she is much more suited to that role.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 475