Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617134 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T36: Verdict
« Reply #2340 on: November 15, 2014, 10:15:48 pm »

That superattack against Cim also drained Fusil for 12E. Keep yourself above in power and you will survive just fine.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: November 15, 2014, 10:55:11 pm »

So, about that incoming void attack... Wonder how that's going to go down.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2342 on: November 15, 2014, 11:20:22 pm »

I oppose killing Fusil. Dangerous and spitefull as he may be, he still would be vital should any major threat arise. Besides, it has been proven that the council can deal with him.
I think the dangers outweigh the risks. We might need his protection, but what is his protection worth? He wants to kill at least two members of the council, perhaps more. He must be removed.
I support Fusil's execution.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:25:50 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: November 15, 2014, 11:30:03 pm »

"In less than a single Tick, Fusil nearly managed to kill TWO gods. Not one - TWO. Imagine if had two full Ticks to do as he pleased? I say it's likely either Cim or I would've wound up dead. Cim lost 12 Essence in one attack! At the very least can the time of a trial be shortened to 1 Tick for those that attack other gods? That way, gods being charged with lesser crimes will get a fair trial, while keep the safety of other gods in mind."

That seems...fair. I can support it, with that condition applied.

I do not argue for Fusil purely on moral grounds, nor do I have any great love for the deity. However, I believe he was badly misguided, and beyond the ramifications immediate to us...

What do you all think will happen to his angels and his followers when he dies? I have apprehensions about such a scenario, so numerous and powerful are they. If we remove them, the worlds economies will surely be shattered. If we leave them, who knows what damage they might do? For better or worse, he's left his mark, and we must keep this in mind...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2344 on: November 15, 2014, 11:37:28 pm »

If we remove them, the worlds economies will surely be shattered. If we leave them, who knows what damage they might do? For better or worse, he's left his mark, and we must keep this in mind...
I think the creations of dead gods live on after their creator dies. Tykki might be a problem, but nothing we cannot deal with.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: November 15, 2014, 11:38:29 pm »

I speak of the Seppo and Armu. There are several million of them in all. If they do live on, and find their god to be dead by our hands? I do not look to that day with joy, friend.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: November 15, 2014, 11:53:31 pm »

"If we're killing Fusil, I say that his Essence should go to me and Cim since we were the victims in this whole situation."

I have 10 Paladins fight a generic angel in the Death Battle Plane.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: November 16, 2014, 12:17:10 am »

"If we are to destroy Fusil, we must take precautions that his sphere's effects on the worlds will not be damaged. His death may cause great unrest."

Using mostly the innate magic of the Trees and only some of his own essence, Kli creates a great labyrinth beneath both of the Trees of Balance (using a certain amount of the caverns below) filled with many illusions and trials that serve to test the wisdom and willpower of any willing mortal. Each of the tests will teach any mortal about the importance and nature of Balance, adapting to the way the mortal thinks so anyone would be able to understand it. He enchants it in such a way that only one may enter at a time, that even the most coldhearted and foolish of mortals who enter will be able to be swayed by the cause of Balance, and that any basic supplies needed will immediately appear to whoever needs it. With an entrance opening at the base of each Tree, he engraves a sign above the doorway with a proclamation:

"So says the God of Balance:
Any mortals with bright minds, full hearts, and iron will should test their skill in this Labyrinth. These tests do not discriminate from any walks of life.
Those who dare may not be able to reach the greatest reward, yet they will definitely not leave unchanged. A lesson will be learned at every corner, even to the most unchanging heart.
The gift you may seek requires many Sacrifices to achieve, but do not fear, no danger can be found within."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: November 16, 2014, 12:46:12 am »

"Now that Fusil is gone for the while, we'd best prepare for that attack, if any, but even before that, we should see if there's even an atack incoming. Null move in a very predictable path because of the Churn (finally a name for that), so a Killer shouldn't just pop in suddenly. It is possible that they lied about this, so I say we trust our own eyes."

Cim travels to the Edge in each of the six cardinal directions and looks outside.

"Enough is enough! I propose we execute Fusil!"[color]
"Support. Indeed, I have already given him two second chances, and he rejected both."

"I also propose that trials only last a maximum of 1 Tick. I said 2 Ticks before to give people more time to vote but seeing how everything turned out, how Fusil was using his time while he was still free to kill us, I say that 2 Ticks will give the accused god too much time to kill people."
"Support, though I propose this to be amended to be limited to cases where violence can be reasonably expected."

Instead, I would propose that the Council, with the Aid of Cim, myself, and Yaos, work on a binding geas that will prevent Fusil from pulling any stunts like this in the future.
"Support, despite the difficulty of it."

However, I will propose that his sentence be lengthened to 6 ticks, during which time we can investigate this matter and show him the folly of his ways. If nothing else, it will allow us to build our strength up again in the case that he refuses to listen to reason.
"Support. I admit my interest is only in increasing the advantage in Essence, however, as 3 ticks is very much enough or me."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: November 16, 2014, 01:09:14 am »

I Oppose The execution of Fusil
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: November 16, 2014, 01:09:42 am »

"Gods, please vote on 34.01. The Ikakus and other races we may have forgotten about are still below the 2,000 population mark."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: November 16, 2014, 01:13:44 am »

Abstain from the whole death thing

Abstain from 34.01

Should I spend essence on those who don't fall under my purview? Probably not... I mean, I was even considering eating them a little while ago.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: November 16, 2014, 01:16:28 am »

There is no evidence that races other than humans will die of inbreeding with less than 2000 individuals. It would be far simpler to simply introduce additional genetic diversity if they seemd to be at risk for it. Many species live for a much longer time than humans, and breed inversely as often. Many might lack the genetic diseases that would cause inbreeding to become so harsh. Besides, if the creator god is gone we would be hard-pressed to recreate the species exactly enough for the two to have fertile offspring. I will abstain from voting in that, I believe.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: November 16, 2014, 01:23:59 am »

"33.00 is obsolete, 34.00: strongly Oppose and veto, 34.01: Abstain."

"Considering 150 genetically distinct beings at 1:3 male:female ratio are enough to not suffer from inbreeding in the absence of existing diseases, I see little point in 34.01."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2354 on: November 16, 2014, 02:14:57 am »

The monsters have mostly been vanquished. A few appear once in a while, but not nearly enough to cause significant harm.

(Darruth: -3E)
Darruth: You propagate the Seraphim to 2 000.

Palatino observes that Fusil's races do not seem to be too perturbed by his disappearance and continue with their business.

Azem: The Shiny Ones observe that there is much rioting and general uprest in most of the races' larger settlements.

(Yaos: Vote counted, proposal added)
Yaos and Darruth: At least one god opposes your (pl.) skyfeatures. They have entered a murky state of half-existence.

Yaos: The Emperor, Lette, and Vaal battle. Lette and Vaal win.

The gem dragon asks for a payment of 20kg/44lb of gold in advance for its services as an entertainer.

There is much celebration mixed with the rioting on Keshan.

The three generic angels look around for monsters to kill. It is getting increasingly difficult.

10 paladins fight a generic angel. The generic angel gets bored after pretending that there is any challenge and wins. The paladins are irritated.

(Khaziraad, Darruth, Cim, Grauel, Varee, Serac: Votes counted)

(Kli: -4E)
Kli: You create the described labyrinth of challenges to test and improve mortals below the Trees.

Cim: You inspect the six sites at the edge of the Bubble, and as you approach the side closest to the Void, a jelly roll crackling with energy appears and blasts you, narrowly grazing you for 7E! You have been rendered dormant.

(Yaos: I haven't forgotten about the vanishing Essence.)

Spoiler: Lawvotes counted (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 475