Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615139 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T39: Cycles
« Reply #2610 on: November 18, 2014, 10:44:54 pm »

Serac: "A Human man with wings."
Why would you take his word about how to gain immortality? Because sacrifices are not the way.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2611 on: November 18, 2014, 10:52:36 pm »

Serac:
"Because he is right behind you..."
(Serac: -3E)
You have been stabbed by a winged Human man! Unfortunately, the winged Human man seems to have jumped away very stealthily.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2612 on: November 18, 2014, 11:35:20 pm »

Serac:
"Because he is right behind you..."
Oh, so you take the words of anyone who is behind me, eh? What if I was behind myself?
Make the queen unable to speak, instead foaming from the mouth.
When you stop the sacrifices, your speech will return.

Return to my ocean plane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T37: Plants within plants within plants
« Reply #2613 on: November 18, 2014, 11:54:17 pm »

The culmination of many ticks of plotting and secret actions will reach its resolution soon.

Darruth: The Guardians find their first Charges. Some prayers directed to you are as follows:
"How can I know what your will is?"
"What shall I do with my wealth that will most benefit the needy?"
"Thank you for striking down that murderer with the strange knife!"
An excellent question, my child. If you are willing, I will answer it in the most complete way I can; I will make you my prophet, so that you might be able to tell others of what Good is, as well.
If you use your wealth to aid in the establishment of shelters for the homeless, food banks, and charity drives to convince people to assist in these and other such public works that might last for longer than the material wealth they were borne from, this will aid many. Converting others to the way of Good so they help others themselves will also aid in this. The path to Good has many roads, my child, and it is your choice which to take; some will have more hardships, yet lead to a greater Good, while others may be long and hard to see, but in the end they will also take you farther along the path to ultimate Goodness. My love for you, and your desire to help.
That was not me, child, but rather the penultimate Goodness to which all aspire, giving evidence of it's existence. Describe to me more what this murderer was like, and how he was struck down, though, if you might?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2614 on: November 19, 2014, 12:04:54 am »

Serac:The Queen will now froth at the mouth instead of speaking until she stops the sacrifices. She writes a Lawmancer asking for a catch and he suggests stopping the sacrifices for a day and starting them back again. It doesn't work.

You return to your ocean plane. Angela and Nuparhi are worried but are still sitting on or otherwise hugging the metal egg.

Darruth: (Which kind of prophet?)
You make the curious petitioner your prophet.
A massive food bank has been opened by a wealthy merchant.
"The murderer kept whispering to himself and carried a spooky knife. He died while praying to whatever god he served."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2615 on: November 19, 2014, 12:14:08 am »

You return to your ocean plane. Angela and Nuparhi are worried but are still sitting on or otherwise hugging the metal egg.
I am fine, just lightly injured. I may have saved a kingdom... At least for now.

I think that egg might never hatch here. Perhaps it needs some time in the mortal realms?

Knock three times on the egg, then hit it three times with a piece of metal.

Edit: Return to the queen and tell her: Just so you know, the curse will not lift when the luminee are dead. No, the more that die, the worse it will get. First you lose your mouth. Next, your ears. Then you lose your sight. Eventually, as the last luminee dies, the curse becomes permanent. You will be forever encased in bubbles, and you will have all of eternity to think about why you are not worth an entire kingdom. Accompanied by the sound of bubbles popping, endlessly popping.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:15:56 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: November 19, 2014, 03:50:21 am »

Are you saying the Humans are a stupid, helpless people unable to lead themselves without a god?

36.00: Trials held for actions other than assault, murder, or attempted murder last only for a tick (2-2/13)
(This proposal is actually supposed to be that trials for assault, murder, or attempted murder should only last a Tick, not everything else. That's why Cim voted against it.)
37.03: Give Yaos the entire Council treasury (1-0/13)
(I've relinquished my claim so just get rid of this proposal.)

Oppose 38.01

37.01.a/b
(Khaziraad is voting against convicting me, so you may want to change the vote counts.)

"Well, that happened. At least he's out of our legs for a while."
-_- "I saved your life you know."

I am fine, just lightly injured. I may have saved a kingdom... At least for now.

I think that egg might never hatch here. Perhaps it needs some time in the mortal realms?

Knock three times on the egg, then hit it three times with a piece of metal.
"For the love of Us, Serac! Please can the Council be allowed to study it before we try hatching the bloody thing? We have no idea what would happen if it were to hatch!"
Propose that the egg be confiscated by the Council.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 04:08:28 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: November 19, 2014, 04:04:27 am »

"Yes, you did, and you have my sincere thanks for that. I made that note about Varee, not you. You know, that useless blob that throws wrenches into our plans for no reason other than to be random?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: November 19, 2014, 04:12:18 am »

"Yes, you did, and you have my sincere thanks for that. I made that note about Varee, not you. You know, that useless blob that throws wrenches into our plans for no reason other than to be random?"
"He doesn't do it that often, really, but it would be nice to see him randomly do a positive thing for once instead of consistently - *ahem* - "randomly" doing negative things."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [11+/999 players] IC: T39: Cycles
« Reply #2619 on: November 19, 2014, 04:25:33 am »

Kli:
Philosopher: "The founding of the School. Without it, we would remain in the trap of illogical arguments."
The Pilgrim continues swinging at the ceiling. It does not seem very safe.
Monk: "I don't want to talk about it."

The parchment unravels itself. "What is Paradise?"
The Pilgrim finds a natural cavern in the ceiling before it becomes more unstable. Kli makes sure the ceiling is strong enough to hold her weight should it be used to reach him on the other side.
To the Monk: "I understand. Instead, would you ask me a question? I will answer as truthfully and as honestly as I can.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T39.4: Restoration
« Reply #2620 on: November 19, 2014, 04:55:27 am »

Tick 39.4: Restoration

Charges filed automatically against a jumper angel of Yaos have been dropped. Cim, Serac, and Yaos have been acquitted. The Council retains the bodies of Fusil's angels.

A Mountwyrm has finally caught a notorious thief. A Guild of Smiths has recently finished a large weapons order for an unknown client. The treasure fleet continues to impress many thousands in many cities.

A Torrid Queen has been made to froth at the mouth after having sacrificed random Luminee and having contributed to Serac being wounded. Her condition grew worse before she was found dead, still frothing where a mouth used to be.

The mysterious egg has been hit three times and with a piece of metal. It seems to mock onlookers as it continues to sit undamaged.

(36.00: Split and extended; 37.03: Removed by proposer)

(Re Humans as stupid, helpless people: I still maintain that these in-game carboes we also call Humans can be independent of unified leadership, if only because the mechanics behind them permits it.)

Kli:
Philosopher: "Where all is balanced and nothing is in excess or scarce."
The Pilgrim carefully scales the wall, silently reciting some traditional sayings about balance on the way up and gets about half of the way across the chasm.
Monk: "How do you gods survive when there is only despair?"

(Constellations: 2/3 for Yaos)

This update's constellations are the Staff and Phoenix.

Spoiler: Deities (0*) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+1) (click to show/hide)
k
Spoiler: Council proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Agriculture, Beauty, Animal, and Fire.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: November 19, 2014, 05:02:24 am »

"36.00.1: Support. This is what was originally meant with this proposal, I believe, and I wholly support it.
38.01: Abstain. Letting individual gods have it would give an incentive for murder, which is no good, so there is a reason to do as proposed. However, leaving it in place allows revival, which is a good option to have. I find both sides of the issue to have a point, and will not pick a side.
"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: November 19, 2014, 05:38:53 am »

A Guild of Smiths has recently finished a large weapons order for an unknown client.
Tori (the Jumper Angel, who is female) inspects the weapons, collects info on the weapons themselves and the person who ordered them, and takes one of the weapons herself to have a full examination conducted on it.

(Constellations: 2/3 for Yaos)
(I am very sure I paid 2 Essence to have it forced.)

Oppose 36.00

The Seppo High Priest is told to make diagrams of the Hilda war hammer and the Sion spear (previously called the Nimos) in such a way that they can be used and reproduced by Humans. THEN he will get his payment. It will be a very good payment.

"Hey, so I'm kinda selling some of Strike Team Fusil's weapons. Anyone want to buy some for 2 Essence each?"

EDIT: I claim the soul of the Ninja Assassin (the ninja who slaughtered a bunch of ninja with nothing but some paper clips and a coupon for sandwiches) to be placed in the Human Plane after his death.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:10:18 am by Andres »

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: November 19, 2014, 07:03:54 am »

Kli:
Philosopher: "Where all is balanced and nothing is in excess or scarce."
The Pilgrim carefully scales the wall, silently reciting some traditional sayings about balance on the way up and gets about half of the way across the chasm.
Monk: "How do you gods survive when there is only despair?"
A vision of the Philosopher's paradise appears to the Philosopher. It shows all of the races living together in peace, neither being oppressed or exalted. There are many great works of art abound, a dazzling School for all standing in the distance, enough of both basic and luxury-based supplies for everyone to share. "Pay attention to the world you have envisioned. You see great things, do you not? As your final test, you must tell me two things you need to remove from this world in order to create a true paradise, and why. Do not worry, you have no time limit."
Kli watches silently. He lets the Pilgrim face several trials- a small slippery area, a sudden burst of wind, and other minor obstacles.
To the Monk: "To start with, every individual has two universal blessings: a mind and a heart. Do you know how this world was created? Out of the Void came a Bubble of Creation, and from there several gods formed, including myself. We, the gods, created this land of hope from nothing but our imagination and will. That is not to say only gods have the power to create; mortals can also do so to a lesser degree. All of us individuals, not only gods, have the power to survive by finding a way even in the darkest of times. All of us have the power to create hope from which there is none. Despair may be all that there is for a few moments, but it certainly will not remain the only thing in existence as long as one wishes it so. Does this make sense?"

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: November 19, 2014, 03:08:40 pm »

"I wish for a way to travel across the snow quickly."
"If only you could make winter longer in these burning Southern Lands."
"I want to be frozen in ice for a thousand years!"

Give him a piece of paper with instructions to build a sled driven by wolves.
"....Maybe sometime in the future." Place him on an ignore prayer list.
"...Sure.

Check on mental health of worshipers.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 475