Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617145 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T50: Cycles
« Reply #3495 on: November 30, 2014, 04:47:26 pm »

Khaziraad, I have a request. As my spheres now include protection, I would be willing to help make your archangel even more durable, if you were to help me in constructing cathedrals and other grand pieces of architecture within my cities, and for my followers.You see, I wish to make a race of engineers, artisans, and craftspeople, as well as armorsmiths. I feel that your expertise with construction, Khaziraad, and your expertise with trade, quality manufacture, and merchanting, Azem, would aid me greatly in this endeavor. Would you be so kind?
"Golems are already good at construction, Dwarves are good artisans and craftspeople, and Gremlins are good engineers. Also, are you really just going to allow him to kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people without even a few words of protest? I mean, really? You're supposed to be the god of Good and Protection. Does that really seem Good to you?"
"Do you think they are adequately being protected if they're being threatened with total annihilation? Why are you even the god of Protection? Fusil always seemed much more interested in protecting his followers than you. In fact, I don't remember a single time when you used your powers of protection other than in the creation of armour. Maybe you should become the god of Armour instead of Protection."

Golem labourers are brought in to help improve the general infrastructure of the Empire and share some construction techniques with the Academy. Gremlins are invited into the Academy to help with mechanical projects and dwarves are hired to share their knowledge of metallurgy.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 04:49:45 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: November 30, 2014, 04:59:47 pm »

How about the instance I protected a human town from the predations of an organization your god started?

There are those who are good at that. I wish to make a race of my own, however.

I don't believe that Khaziraad will actually do such a thing. It's not in his character. He makes threats, and rarely follows through; this is not a fault of his. He makes threats because he feels it is the best way to make sure something is done about the situation, but he is not ruthless enough to make good on such actions, because they tend to be too destructive to consider.

Besides, I grow tired of how loud you lot speak, and of your infinitely wishy-washy stance on matters. I also believe that I am may be the only one here who does not view the Void as irrevocably evil. Dangerous, yes, but like anything else that is dangerous, it also has a use.

And finally, if I were to be ruthless about it; few of the people in that city are my followers, I believe. I'll check again to be sure, but fine. If it will result in your ceasing to be such an annoyance;

Khaziraad, I would warn you not to take such drastic action. If you worry so greatly about the Void, I will lend Palatino's aid to you in purging the Void from the region.

Now. Lette, Vaal, whichever, I would appreciate if you refrained from insulting me again, simply because I am not following your interests.

Give Arkangel Palatino Void-Detection abilities and some basic purification abilities related to cleansing the taint of the Void away.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: November 30, 2014, 05:07:32 pm »

"As long as the Void is not threatening my followers I am content to ignore it."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: November 30, 2014, 05:41:41 pm »

"Bravo, finally someone has said it. We don't know anything about the void, they could be a crucial part to how the existance works. Squabbling will get us nowhere as well, and ends rather destructively at times.

Maybe we should be working on a council of three voted members who contact and archive the void, to find out how they think, and what they are.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3499 on: November 30, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »

Actually, now that Yaos is dead I believe Fusil is the only one who thinks the void is purely evil.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: November 30, 2014, 06:19:43 pm »

It seems to be that way, yes.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: November 30, 2014, 07:22:06 pm »

Spoiler: Empire Stuff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:31:57 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: November 30, 2014, 08:12:58 pm »

Actually, now that Yaos is dead I believe Fusil is the only one who thinks the void is purely evil.

"We are all thinking it, you are just able to ignore it for some temporary benefit. Besides, we all know Yaos made deals with the void. I thought I made that much quite clear."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: November 30, 2014, 08:23:09 pm »

You seem to have issues with logic Fusil. 'We all know it' and 'I made it quite clear' means we are relying on your word for this. And we have very little reason to trust you, given your history of hiding things from the council, your history of having Yaos as an enemy in addition to trying to kill Cim, thus giving you cause to attempt to present it in the worst light possible, and your suspiciously disappearing books on the Void.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3504 on: November 30, 2014, 08:28:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Going by this book, not all void beings are evil. It outright states that some void beings reinterpret deals for the god's benefit.

And as long as you are very careful with your pacts I think you could make deals and be fine, as no void beings can directly lie in a deal. (As far as I know)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: November 30, 2014, 08:49:08 pm »

You seem to have issues with logic Fusil. 'We all know it' and 'I made it quite clear' means we are relying on your word for this. And we have very little reason to trust you, given your history of hiding things from the council, your history of having Yaos as an enemy in addition to trying to kill Cim, thus giving you cause to attempt to present it in the worst light possible, and your suspiciously disappearing books on the Void.

"And yet you made zero attempts to investigate the matter yourself, nor do you provide any plausible alternatives to my story. The books have been brought back, they are available to all in the library, thanks to my efforts. Yaos died when I was revived, and offered no explanation for it. You keep saying how little you trust me, but then you do not provide any sources you do trust. Investigate yourself if you don't trust me. I provided my evidence, go look into it if you don't believe it."

Going by this book, not all void beings are evil. It outright states that some void beings reinterpret deals for the god's benefit.

"That does not make them good, when the deals involve murder and destruction. They are still evil, this only means they have allies now. If you make a deal with the demon to sacrifice a baby, is the demon good because it listened to its part of the deal instead of killing you afterwards?"

"In any case, it is finally time fore me to have the Feast of Fusil's Faithful, that I have been waiting for for so long..."
Spoiler: FINALLY FUSIL FEAST (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:05:15 pm by Stirk »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3506 on: November 30, 2014, 10:02:18 pm »

hallowed-out arrow shafts to hold drinks
I really doubt the efficiency of arrows to hold liquids. Perhaps use hammers or ballista bolts?
Watch Fusil's swordfighters in the hopes of getting better with Billy's sword form.

And not all void beings would ask to destroy things... A smith might want you to help create an artifact involving their sphere.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: November 30, 2014, 10:09:17 pm »

I really doubt the efficiency of arrows to hold liquids. Perhaps use hammers or ballista bolts?

"...That is a much better idea than I had. As expected from the rainbow salesman. My idea of good eating is shooting something until it stops moving, then shooting it with a flame thrower until it tastes good, I am hardly adept at thinking of clever utensils."

And not all void beings would ask to destroy things... A smith might want you to help create an artifact involving their sphere.

"I have read on the Smiths. Seeing what trouble the Temple you created caused with your own people, can you truly say it is harmless?"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: December 01, 2014, 12:03:30 am »

Darruth is correct, I mostly use threats as that one to motivate somone to do something. And this time is no different. Yet should any sculptures start moving I will not hesitate. I was never against inquisition, their methods were crude in many instances, yet the ammount of cults they dealt with and ammount of cults that never formed in fear of inquisition are not insignificant.

I'm not actualy that woried abaut the Null themselves, but mortals tampering with powers that even we do not fully understand can only bring ruin, as we have seen with stone men. Priests were probably thinking that they were making Humans' lives easyer, and look where that got us.

As for grand structures you desire Darruth, I'd be happy to help, though you needn't even my help specificly. Golems wander the lands constructing things cheaply, or even for free if materials are provided. For structures of grandeur, many would flock to you.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: December 01, 2014, 01:43:24 am »

Yet should any sculptures start moving I will not hesitate.
"The method by which we can stop them is rather easy now that we know how. Maybe a little hesitation is in order?"

I'm not actualy that woried abaut the Null themselves, but mortals tampering with powers that even we do not fully understand can only bring ruin, as we have seen with stone men. Priests were probably thinking that they were making Humans' lives easyer, and look where that got us.
"I say with no sarcasm that that is one of the best-told and most reasonable arguments I have ever heard. It's as if days of fruitless argument and cyclical debate just.....disappeared from my mind." ((That's also an OOC opinion. Just....wow.))

As for grand structures you desire Darruth, I'd be happy to help, though you needn't even my help specificly. Golems wander the lands constructing things cheaply, or even for free if materials are provided. For structures of grandeur, many would flock to you.
Dibs.
The Golems hired by the Empire will upgrade current temples and build the Grand Temple of Yaos in the capital. The Grand Temple will be as large as the palace with exquisite workmanship, masterful engravings, and brilliant architecture. It will be decorated with statues, murals, mosaics, and all manner of other things to astound visitors and draw in people from all over the world just to see its beauty.
The Grand Temple of Yaos will be guarded by a small regiment of the Imperial Army and will be warded from all manner of magic - including that of non-Yaosian angels and gods.
Of course, everyone who will work on the project will be scanned for Void influence.
It is an ambitious project, sure, but the constellation of Ambition is active and so it is the best time to construct the temple.

EDIT: (If I could get the test results on the tentacle child in the form of a PM instead of in the update, that would be preferable.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 01:49:48 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 475