Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616786 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T51: Revenant
« Reply #3540 on: December 01, 2014, 06:52:50 pm »

Public notification. My pact with Yaos's angels is complete. My protection is withdrawn. Pleasure doing business.

(My side of the bargain should be completed soon. Actions have been submitted.)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: December 01, 2014, 06:58:56 pm »

(But it's not T52 yet.... -.-)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:01:41 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: December 01, 2014, 07:06:27 pm »

(The purpose of the pact wasn't my protection. The purpose was you getting your swords. The protection was me being generous while we were in the process of completing our pact so your angels didn't die before getting their swords and so they could complete their end of the contract. The extra turns of protection were because of your concern over needing more time to complete your side of the bargain. If you would like to make further pacts for more protection or power, feel free to contact Grauel.)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: December 01, 2014, 08:05:20 pm »

"Fusil you are alienating the masses here. While I see your additions to the world as worthwhile, your constant threatening of everyone who goes against you is a petty annoyance. You should not be a warmonger, but a peacekeeper."

Inspire a Luminee to become super-intelligent

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3544 on: December 01, 2014, 08:15:53 pm »

Gift the hummingbird with overpowering hunger and the ability to digest anything. Increase its size to that of a dragon and give it enhanced strength.
I... Would not call that a gift exactly. Being hungry all the time and eating everything?

And you died. That is not exactly the mark of the best god.
"I was tied up and attacked by three gods, and still was only dead for a few seconds. Is that not impressive?"
I would consider it better to not get attacked in the first place.
And anyways, how did you come back? I remember draining your corpse for the council's use...

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3545 on: December 01, 2014, 08:29:34 pm »

The angels are not based off of Tykki... Isn't she a walking gun monster?
"The powers, ideas and general outline are based off of Tykki. Tykki's insides are made of guns, from the outside she is indistinguishable for a human. Remember how you yourself thought my Angels where simply humans, in the library?"
So Yaos was the best, because you made your angels in his form? :P

"Powers, ideas, and general outline"... What? What about the angel that is a building with an atomizing hammer?
And I have an angel who is a cloak of jellyfish with none of Tykki's powers as far as I know...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: December 01, 2014, 08:35:30 pm »

"Fusil you are alienating the masses here. While I see your additions to the world as worthwhile, your constant threatening of everyone who goes against you is a petty annoyance. You should not be a warmonger, but a peacekeeper."

"And this guy. Where was he when the Stone Soldier where attacking? He apparently thinks that an insult at the recent deaths of my followers does not warrant a threat, even with the possibility Serak was responsible..."

I would consider it better to not get attacked in the first place.

"Coward. You where in on the attack, shooting a caged lion. This is not your place to speak."

And anyways, how did you come back? I remember draining your corpse for the council's use...

"You where part of the team that killed me. There is no way in the worlds that I would tell you."

So Yaos was the best, because you made your angels in his form? :P

"Tykki was created far before Yaos was born. If anything, Yaos is in Tykki's form."

"Powers, ideas, and general outline"... What? What about the angel that is a building with an atomizing hammer?

"He is still sentient, sapient, god-linked, limited teleportation, and all the other things that had been thrown into the standard Angel package. They still perform the same function, even if they do not look alike. It was I who came up with all this, when designing my Tykki."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3547 on: December 01, 2014, 08:46:15 pm »

"You where part of the team that killed me. There is no way in the worlds that I would tell you."
I've been assuming you left a decoy to drain, but how can I know it wasn't the void that brought you back?

"He is still sentient, sapient, god-linked, limited teleportation, and all the other things that had been thrown into the standard Angel package. They still perform the same function, even if they do not look alike. It was I who came up with all this, when designing my Tykki."
And you ignore my angel...
And most of those things could apply to a teleporting priest as well.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: December 01, 2014, 09:00:29 pm »

...Speaking of Fusil's incredibly sensitive ego and over-the-top hostility, would anyone like to be part of a protective alliance to defend each other from his attacks, should we see them as unprovoked? If an attack is in response to a member of the alliance attempting to take advantage of the protection and abuse the system and thus endanger the other members of the alliance and their followers...well...we might just aid him in their punishment.

And yes, I present this in public because it is as much meant to act as deterrent to Fusil as it is to act as actual shield.

And you admitted Tykki was being beaten by the forces attacking you when you died the first time...

"As I said, Tykki had been ordered to fake her own defeat, in order to insure that I would be able to revive properly. That is why she was capable of escaping Cim's bonds easily, even while I was imprisoned."
I don't actually believe Tykki could be defeated in one and one combat by any of our angels...except Khaziraad's. I believe the God of Architecture's current archangel could simply obliterate Tykki, or at least deal enough damage that she would be in no condition to continue combat.

And you died. That is not exactly the mark of the best god.

"I was tied up and attacked by three gods, and still was only dead for a few seconds. Is that not impressive?"
INSTANT REPLAY
Fusil has been struck down!
Fusil has been struck up!
Seconds? I mean, I'm sure it seemed that way to you, but it was more like five ticks, and if each tick is somewhere between a decade and a century of mortal time...that's more like somewhere between 50-500 years. Probably close to 100-200 years.

"And this guy. Where was he when the Stone Soldier where attacking? He apparently thinks that an insult at the recent deaths of my followers does not warrant a threat, even with the possibility Serak was responsible..."
Considering that he was simply pointing out a flaw in your logic, not insulting you in any way other than saying that he doesn't think you're the best god, which I believe none of us think, no, it doesn't warrant a threat. Though I will take your side in one thing; whoever committed such an atrocity must be brought to justice. I have no idea who at this point, though...

Really? So you believe that the rest of us would have been so moronic as to be incapable of realizing that those features were beneficial to include in an Angel, who are designed to be servants? That we would have made servants that could not even distinguish between themselves and the outside world? That we would have found angels that could not think for themselves to be good to delegate tasks to? That we would have made servants, specifically for us, without actually having them connected to us? That we would have limited our servant's movements to a single plane, and to the speed of their feet, or wings? All this we would have been so idiotic as to do, without your oh-so-magificent guidance, great Fusil-on-high?

Do not insult the intelligence of literally everyone here by insinuating that we would be incapable of such basic logic. Moreover; get over yourself. If you were as good as you say you are, why do any of us even exist? We would be dead, instantly, as soon as anything we did came into conflict with what you desired. You are not perfect. This world is not perfect. Perfection is something to be striven towards, not to be content at. If the world is perfect, where is your motivation? What could your goal possibly be, if everything is as it should be, and could get no better?

This world is not perfect. Neither are you. The sooner you learn to accept that, the less unhappy you will be.

And as for you, mortal Hummingbird...what makes you worthy of giving a task to Gods? You simply wish to brew conflict, and watch it for your own amusement, the suffering of other mortals in the process, and the strife it causes in the Heavens, be damned. Begone with you! The Gods grant boons to their followers; why would any of us wish to grant a boon upon you? For your amusement? You disgust me. You are not worthy of giving worship to the Gods; your worship would be false, and your patron would shift with the winds, as the Gods grew in power or prestige, always trying to cling to the winner, like a mercenary without a sense of honor or professional pride. I will speak no more to you, and will be greatly displeased if your own followers continue to make trouble in an attempt to lay claim to dominion over the Gods.

Investigations into the deaths of Fusil's followers will have to begin. It is likely time for Those Ones to be created.
Propose to my fellow Merfolk makers that we propagate them to ten million. The seas are vast, after all, and little other sapient life dwells in them.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: December 01, 2014, 09:21:11 pm »

I support that action.

I'll also propagate the Wood Elves and the Ikan to... well, however many that would be created with 4E for each race.

Silly hummingbird, why would anyone want to demonstrate their superiority to someone who so obviously wants to cause trouble from it? Well, there probably are reasons, but still.

Also, I seem to have forgotten about the other angel of mine. She will, as of now, be named Idris. I'll also upgrade her to be combat-enhanced. Having someone around that's good at fighting is generally a good thing.
Speaking of which, a protective alliance would not be a bad idea. I'd support and join it, when it's a thing.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: December 01, 2014, 09:28:44 pm »

I've been assuming you left a decoy to drain, but how can I know it wasn't the void that brought you back?

"You have the books. Is there a record of that ever happening?"

And you ignore my angel...
And most of those things could apply to a teleporting priest as well.

"I don't know nothing about your Angel. So I kind of have to ignore it. Priests are not god-linked in the same way an Angel was, and miss out on many of the abilities the generic Angel template has that I can't remember because I made Tykki 40+ ticks ago."

And yes, I present this in public because it is as much meant to act as deterrent to Fusil as it is to act as actual shield.

"Your openly creating an alliance just to spite me? Your insults are insulting. Are you attempting to make me want to kill you?"

I don't actually believe Tykki could be defeated in one and one combat by any of our angels...except Khaziraad's. I believe the God of Architecture's current archangel could simply obliterate Tykki, or at least deal enough damage that she would be in no condition to continue combat.

"The God of Archetectur's servant was beat up by a few stone men and a stone Angel. Tykki defeated the Stone Angel and more stone men then the Castle Angel could manage, without blowing herself half up. The fact that she can teleport to the other side of the bubble faster than It can swing Its hammer means Tykki is all but immune to the explosive effects, not counting her literal invulnerability and ability to block the weapon normally."

Seconds? I mean, I'm sure it seemed that way to you, but it was more like five ticks, and if each tick is somewhere between a decade and a century of mortal time...that's more like somewhere between 50-500 years. Probably close to 100-200 years.

"Have you not been paying attention, or did the God Manager drop you on the head during creation? I was revived instantly, but that did not end my sentence. I finished the rest of it, finishing at six ticks, secretly. I had been revived the whole time, but if I had loudly shouted it to the heavens I would still be vulnerable in prison."

Considering that he was simply pointing out a flaw in your logic, not insulting you in any way other than saying that he doesn't think you're the best god, which I believe none of us think, no, it doesn't warrant a threat. Though I will take your side in one thing; whoever committed such an atrocity must be brought to justice. I have no idea who at this point, though...

"Interestingly enough, Tykki tells me that there was no fighting going on during the storms. Now, what god has shown an illogical distaste for fighting, and a willingness to use essence to spread his will on the planets? Only time will tell..."

Really? So you believe that the rest of us would have been so moronic as to be incapable of realizing that those features were beneficial to include in an Angel, who are designed to be servants? That we would have made servants that could not even distinguish between themselves and the outside world? That we would have found angels that could not think for themselves to be good to delegate tasks to? That we would have made servants, specifically for us, without actually having them connected to us? That we would have limited our servant's movements to a single plane, and to the speed of their feet, or wings? All this we would have been so idiotic as to do, without your oh-so-magificent guidance, great Fusil-on-high?

"Learn your history, Durrath. Your idiotic side is showing. Before me, the assumption was that 'avatars' would be mind-controlled, sentient non-sapient, and a load of other odd things. I refined them into Tykki, on the way creating the general Angel template that all Angels are created on. Even your Generic Angels are based off of Tykki. The fact that you are all to stupid to come up with a similar plan yourself is not relevant. Tykki was the first Angel, and it is doubtful that there would even be others if not for her existence. You do realize that she was also the first servant, correct? All of those things you stated is assuming that everyone would want to make an Angel as they are now. That would simply not be possible, nobody had even thought of creating Angels before Tykki. Once my Tykki graced this world, everyone saw her glory and decided they would like a lesser copy for themselves. Every Angel out there is simply a copy of Tykki, idea, template, and spirit."

Do not insult the intelligence of literally everyone here by insinuating that we would be incapable of such basic logic. Moreover; get over yourself. If you were as good as you say you are, why do any of us even exist? We would be dead, instantly, as soon as anything we did came into conflict with what you desired. You are not perfect. This world is not perfect. Perfection is something to be striven towards, not to be content at. If the world is perfect, where is your motivation? What could your goal possibly be, if everything is as it should be, and could get no better?

"Again, you stupidly assume that Angels would exist at all without Tykki. 'Angels' didn't exist before her. No servants had been created before her. All of those brilliant features I added into my Tykki created something amazing, everyone else saw that and followed the leader. You seem to assume that everyone simply decided one day to make servants. They had only done so after seeing how useful Tykki was. If Tykki hadn't been created, there would be no other servants, using the template or no.

For the second point, because I am merciful. The fact you have not been cut down yet is only because I am in a good mood. If none of you had existed, my followers may get bored anyway. I am perfect, and so is this world. My motivation is to keep it that way, removing the petty and unnecessary evils that you throw at it. To remove the void, stone men, and other threats that attempt to break the perfection. The goal is to preserve, as there is nothing to improve on."

And as for you, mortal Hummingbird...what makes you worthy of giving a task to Gods? You simply wish to brew conflict, and watch it for your own amusement, the suffering of other mortals in the process, and the strife it causes in the Heavens, be damned. Begone with you! The Gods grant boons to their followers; why would any of us wish to grant a boon upon you? For your amusement? You disgust me. You are not worthy of giving worship to the Gods; your worship would be false, and your patron would shift with the winds, as the Gods grew in power or prestige, always trying to cling to the winner, like a mercenary without a sense of honor or professional pride. I will speak no more to you, and will be greatly displeased if your own followers continue to make trouble in an attempt to lay claim to dominion over the Gods.

"That was the real Durrath. As you can see, he has a bit of an inferiority complex. Because he is so inferior. He is so pathetic, he thinks that yelling at innocent mortals makes him more powerful. No wonder he was voted the worst among the gods, ah?"

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T52: Crucible
« Reply #3551 on: December 01, 2014, 09:36:35 pm »

Tick 52: Crucible

A crowd of people insulting the gods has been cursed by Serac to begin a gradual transformation into seagulls of imminent death progressing with every insult and persisting after death.

Grauel has given a Famous Hummingbird the gift of extreme hunger and the ability to digest anything along with the size of a dragon. The Famous Dinosaur is soon seen chewing on trees. "Excellent gift, but what about the others?"

To Darruth, the Famous Hummingbird says "I expected that. Do you want the honor of being worshipped by me?"

Khaziraad has assigned Kyloth, Artist of Worlds, with improving the natural landscape further. Kyloth sets out into the wildrness to begin working.

A Luminee has been inspired to become super-intelligent. This has the effect of driving the Luminee to extended study at a nearby place of learning. The Luminee slowly begins starving.

Joha has created many millions of Wood Elves.

This update's constellations are the Ring and Claw.

(Grauel: -2E, Joha: -4E)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (7) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

`
New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Treachery, Hospitality, Animals, and Strength

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: December 01, 2014, 09:44:49 pm »

Silly hummingbird
(Stole my catchphrase...-.-)

"Stone Angel"
(There was a Stone Angel??)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: December 01, 2014, 09:48:39 pm »

"Your openly creating an alliance just to spite me? Your insults are insulting. Are you attempting to make me want to kill you?"
Self-defense and spite are not the same thing. Also, you're demonstrating quite nicely why I feel I need to form such an alliance; if it makes you feel better if I say I feel threatened by your threats, so be it. But if you make threats, people will react, and not always in the way you wish them to. So, I make an alliance in an attempt for both self-preservation, and to help others who may feel the same way.

"The God of Archetectur's servant was beat up by a few stone men and a stone Angel. Tykki defeated the Stone Angel and more stone men then the Castle Angel could manage, without blowing herself half up. The fact that she can teleport to the other side of the bubble faster than It can swing Its hammer means Tykki is all but immune to the explosive effects, not counting her literal invulnerability and ability to block the weapon normally."
Actually, untrue. His servant was injured grievously because it's own power was so enormous that it could not withstand it's full force. Considering that angel is partially made up of a plane, and if I remember correctly, took several of your nukes to the metaphorical face without dropping, that only says something about it's power, not it's durability. I doubt the invulnerability is total, and if she were to block, his hammer would simply change whatever was used to block into the chemical compounds it does anything else, I believe. And, of course, there's the fact that saying that Tykki can retreat faster than it can attack means she isn't actually fighting it; she's running away. Or strategically retreating, if you prefer, but the fact remains that she can do very little to him, and staying around long enough to manage to do so means risking getting blown up.

"Have you not been paying attention, or did the God Manager drop you on the head during creation? I was revived instantly, but that did not end my sentence. I finished the rest of it, finishing at six ticks, secretly. I had been revived the whole time, but if I had loudly shouted it to the heavens I would still be vulnerable in prison."
Mmmmm....no, I don't really believe you. For one thing, there's a lot of flaws in your logic, and that contradicts other things you've said, like saying that Yaos died when you revived. Or, for instance, the fact that none of the times Yaos revived, which is our only other sample for revival, the revival of the god was announced publicly. I do not believe that it would be possible to hide such a thing, actually. Plus, as I said, it contradicts your own statements.

"Interestingly enough, Tykki tells me that there was no fighting going on during the storms. Now, what god has shown an illogical distaste for fighting, and a willingness to use essence to spread his will on the planets? Only time will tell..."
Illogical distaste? No fighting going on during a horrendous life-ending blizzard catastrophe? I have made the Templars, I have made a warrior race, and I have shown more of a distaste to murder people without cause, at least more than you(and yes, I'm referring to Cim. Again.). And I suppose no other God has used essence to try and gain followers ever, after all, I mean, that's not what Gods do, after all.

As sarcasm translates poorly in divine speech, I'll make it more evident. That was sarcasm, that last bit.

"Learn your history, Durrath. Your idiotic side is showing. Before me, the assumption was that 'avatars' would be mind-controlled, sentient non-sapient, and a load of other odd things. I refined them into Tykki, on the way creating the general Angel template that all Angels are created on. Even your Generic Angels are based off of Tykki. The fact that you are all to stupid to come up with a similar plan yourself is not relevant. Tykki was the first Angel, and it is doubtful that there would even be others if not for her existence. You do realize that she was also the first servant, correct? All of those things you stated is assuming that everyone would want to make an Angel as they are now. That would simply not be possible, nobody had even thought of creating Angels before Tykki. Once my Tykki graced this world, everyone saw her glory and decided they would like a lesser copy for themselves. Every Angel out there is simply a copy of Tykki, idea, template, and spirit."
Those would be Avatars, not Angels, then. I was not even around when you made Tykki, so how can you be so sure that I would not have made an Angel before you did? My angels, at least some of them, are actually quite different from Tykki in significant ways...besides, I'd like to point out that the prototype of a weapon tends to have all the bugs and design flaws, that get edited out in later iterations. Unless you believe a musket to be superior to a Dragunov sniper rifle?

"Again, you stupidly assume that Angels would exist at all without Tykki. 'Angels' didn't exist before her. No servants had been created before her. All of those brilliant features I added into my Tykki created something amazing, everyone else saw that and followed the leader. You seem to assume that everyone simply decided one day to make servants. They had only done so after seeing how useful Tykki was. If Tykki hadn't been created, there would be no other servants, using the template or no.

For the second point, because I am merciful. The fact you have not been cut down yet is only because I am in a good mood. If none of you had existed, my followers may get bored anyway. I am perfect, and so is this world. My motivation is to keep it that way, removing the petty and unnecessary evils that you throw at it. To remove the void, stone men, and other threats that attempt to break the perfection. The goal is to preserve, as there is nothing to improve on."

"That was the real Durrath. As you can see, he has a bit of an inferiority complex. Because he is so inferior. He is so pathetic, he thinks that yelling at innocent mortals makes him more powerful. No wonder he was voted the worst among the gods, ah?"
Yes, so mature of you, Fusil. You truly are a God among Gods, demonstrating your incredible ability to resort to petty insult and blatant falsehoods.

Now, on a different topic; Serac, what was that you were saying about a Goddess of Dust and Death? Death is not part of your domain as far as I am aware....
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: December 01, 2014, 10:06:09 pm »

Hmm, yes, I'll also propagate the Ikan (you know, the flying jellyfish) in the same numbers as I did with the Wood Elves.

Oppose 49.00, also.

Silly hummingbird
(Stole my catchphrase...-.-)
(At least someone said it, though. You aren't exactly alive right now... Plus, stealing catchphrases is a fun hobby.)
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 475