Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616874 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T54.5: Dusk of Peace
« Reply #3645 on: December 04, 2014, 01:12:18 pm »

Also check on my city of Light progress

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T54: Amateur Campanology
« Reply #3646 on: December 04, 2014, 02:42:04 pm »

"You could've used the Essence you didn't gain from cultists to get the job done. More than that, a large majority of the sacrifices were evil, but they weren't Void-affiliated. We wanted exact replicas and we didn't get exact replicas. We want refunds either by giving us the Essence you gained (possibly in the form of Essence orbs) or get exact replicas of our swords built. Maybe get another god to help you?"

I gave replicas of the swords that are accordingly effective with what was paid. You can't make swords because you don't have enough essence, so you gave me something that was convertible into essence for me to make the swords. It's only natural that I would use the converted essence. That was the whole idea of your end of the bargain, so I wouldn't have to use my own essence for those swords and that I'd get a little extra for making them for you. Besides, you didn't have to do things that way. I gave multiple payment options that would have used my own essence in exchange for something else. Neither one of us could predict this would happen from a contaminated essence source that you picked out. I'm hardly screwing you over.

If you want a refund, give back the swords and you'll get what direct essence I can get from them. No refund without a return.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3647 on: December 04, 2014, 02:59:36 pm »

(Quéßäre: -3E)
Quéßäre: You create a few thousand High Elves, immortal elves who focus more on technology and the military than the Wood Elves. They are also immune to infection.

The High Elves seem to be unready for citizenship in other places. They have yet to form a true cultural identity in just a few days. All of them do agree to joining ISAY, but most of them probably stay around.

(The Light: -6E)
The Light: The cactus has become fearless and spiny.
You have taught the Light of Feeding to the one who asked, and he uses it to open a restaurant.
Crurcul: "My daughter decided to marry an exceptionally crafted halberd of good lineage instead. Thanks!"

You also begin constructing a box big enough to hold a god.

The City of Light is nearing completion

Yaos: Housing for the High Elves is now under construction.

The missionaries report modest success in preaching the way of Ambition.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: December 04, 2014, 04:17:10 pm »

"First, get rid of the Inquisition want to be. They are using poor tactics to fight the void, making the world worse instead of better."
"I'm confused. Do you want us to reinstate the Inquisition or not? On the one hand they were the best anti-Void force in the universe but on the other hand you told us to be more selective with our targeting."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T53: Mischief
« Reply #3649 on: December 04, 2014, 04:44:23 pm »

"I wish my son didn't go to that big Feast! I should have known!"
"My dog is stuck in the snow! Can you get him to come back?"
"I wish for frozen milk cream."
"If your son wishes to worship the god of hunger you should not interfere."
Granted
"Sure that sounds interesting." Granted

"Greetings Quéßäre! You will fit right in with the other gods!"

Begin training a small army of followers and have the Ice Titans begin constructing walls around the north. Warn my followers that this war over control of the empire could get messy and the recent void activity is very worrying and everyone should keep and eye out for danger.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: December 04, 2014, 05:03:10 pm »

"I'm confused. Do you want us to reinstate the Inquisition or not? On the one hand they were the best anti-Void force in the universe but on the other hand you told us to be more selective with our targeting."

"They where not. I do not know why you keep claiming they where. The humans have the highest rate of void affinity out of all of creation, the Inquisition perhaps being part of the problem. Shooting innocent muffin men does not stop the void."

".....The Feast was mine, God of Ice. It was there that the assault happened..."

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T45: Development
« Reply #3651 on: December 04, 2014, 05:17:45 pm »

"They where not. I do not know why you keep claiming they where. The humans have the highest rate of void affinity out of all of creation."
Void Cults are at an all-time low even though the Inquisition reports unchanged amounts of purging.
"The Inquisition was responsible for taking Void Cults to an all-time low."
"The pastry incident happened centuries ago and no one was killed during the incident."
"Humans only seem to have the highest rate of Void affinity out of everyone else because they're the only ones checked for Void influence at all. I'm certain that if you were to go to other races such as the Rani or the Gruen you'd find an equal or greater amount of Void affinity."
"Finally, if you'd just let the Inquisition exist, there would be far less Void influence in the Empire than there is now. I should also remind you that there have been no incidents like the pastry incident or the mill incident in centuries thanks to new tactics and equipment, at least in terms of what the Inquisition has done (even before they were disbanded)."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: December 04, 2014, 05:22:14 pm »

".....The Feast was mine, God of Ice. It was there that the assault happened..."
"...Whoops." Mind wipe the mortal of everything that I just said.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: December 04, 2014, 05:24:12 pm »

"The Inquisition was responsible for taking Void Cults to an all-time low."

"Last I checked, you couldn't even successfully remove the Cult influence from the Inquisition. Do your little void detectors even work? They seem to go off almost at random."

"The pastry incident happened centuries ago and no one was killed during the incident."

"I happen to remember being killed, and centuries is a very short time for a god. I have spent centuries playing 42 pickup with Tykki, for instance."

"Humans only seem to have the highest rate of Void affinity out of everyone else because they're the only ones checked for Void influence at all. I'm certain that if you were to go to other races such as the Rani or the Gruen you'd find an equal or greater amount of Void affinity."

"Actually, we/I have checked. The Golems, as you known, have shown little if any influence. The Mountwyrms have also showed some. In case you haven't noticed, humans are the only ones killing themselves in mass, summoning Void Avatars, and other major cult outbreaks that we would certainly notice if other races participated in."

"Finally, if you'd just let the Inquisition exist, there would be far less Void influence in the Empire than there is now. I should also remind you that there have been no incidents like the pastry incident or the mill incident in centuries thanks to new tactics and equipment, at least in terms of what the Inquisition has done (even before they were disbanded)."

"What do you base that off of? If anything, the structure of the Empire is what allows Void influence to spread. Cluttering everyone together like rats then giving them direct, harsh orders from their god no doubt turns them to the Void. If anything, everything about the Empire is worse in terms of Void influence."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: December 04, 2014, 05:34:28 pm »

"Last I checked, you couldn't even successfully remove the Cult influence from the Inquisition. Do your little void detectors even work? They seem to go off almost at random."
"Actually, our Psymental angel managed to purge literally all Void influence from the Inquisition. The Void infiltration of the Inquisition happened long before the milestone I mentioned and was snuffed out long before the milestone I mentioned."

"I happen to remember being killed, and centuries is a very short time for a god. I have spent centuries playing 42 pickup with Tykki, for instance."
"For a god that may be a short time, but for Humans, that's an absolutely incredible amount of time. I believe the term is 'check your privilege' but I could be wrong. In any case, what these past centuries have been for Humans has been dozens of Ticks for gods, so even by your own perspective it's been a long time since any incidents arose."

"Actually, we/I have checked. The Golems, as you known, have shown little if any influence. The Mountwyrms have also showed some. In case you haven't noticed, humans are the only ones killing themselves in mass, summoning Void Avatars, and other major cult outbreaks that we would certainly notice if other races participated in."
"When was the last time you checked? I had to fire most of the Golem workers that showed up to work on the Grand Temple because they had Void influence. I also notice how you only mentioned checking the Golems and the Mountwyrms and NOT the Gruen and Ritan like I suggested. Check them and you'll find heaps. Humans don't kill themselves en mass, the Void manifestation happened many centuries and dozens of Ticks ago during the Inquisitions infancy, and cult 'outbreaks' don't exist in other civilisations because they're freely accepted and thus don't need to 'break out'."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: December 04, 2014, 05:37:19 pm »

Sappira eyes the Council nervously.

"Esteemed lords and ladies of the Council, the Goldfather requests that I be able to represent him and handle most public communication."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: December 04, 2014, 05:59:08 pm »

"Actually, our Psymental angel managed to purge literally all Void influence from the Inquisition. The Void infiltration of the Inquisition happened long before the milestone I mentioned and was snuffed out long before the milestone I mentioned."

"And came back soon after, relatively speaking. As you said, that was centuries ago. Several generations of Inquisition later, and they are even worse then when they started. Feel free to check again."

"For a god that may be a short time, but for Humans, that's an absolutely incredible amount of time. I believe the term is 'check your privilege' but I could be wrong. In any case, what these past centuries have been for Humans has been dozens of Ticks for gods, so even by your own perspective it's been a long time since any incidents arose."

"And the inquisition had changed little over time. Are you to tell me that if the situation arose again, something would have been done differently?"

"When was the last time you checked? I had to fire most of the Golem workers that showed up to work on the Grand Temple because they had Void influence. I also notice how you only mentioned checking the Golems and the Mountwyrms and NOT the Gruen and Ritan like I suggested. Check them and you'll find heaps. Humans don't kill themselves en mass, the Void manifestation happened many centuries and dozens of Ticks ago during the Inquisitions infancy, and cult 'outbreaks' don't exist in other civilisations because they're freely accepted and thus don't need to 'break out'."

"No, you do not understand. They had void influence because they where near events where it happened. Think of it this way. Do you remember that shell I fired at the Dead God? The one that made him recoil? Such a weapon leaves 'filth' behind. If one is to go near an area where it has gone off, the 'filth' effects them. The Golems are perfectly innocent in every way, in fact where likely the ones who fought the void. You do not understand anything about said void. We have seen plenty of examples of killing themselves in mass. It happened in a small village near the coast, I remember investigating it myself. Do your followers lives mean so little to you?"

"Esteemed lords and ladies of the Council, the Goldfather requests that I be able to represent him and handle most public communication."

"You seem to have a better personality than Yaos's Angels. I approve. Now tell him that he should join in the fight, as he promised to. Lets see how Durrath likes it when his little 'alliance' is exposed as the powder keg it is."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: December 04, 2014, 06:09:37 pm »

"And came back soon after, relatively speaking. As you said, that was centuries ago. Several generations of Inquisition later, and they are even worse then when they started. Feel free to check again."
"Except I can't because they're disbanded."

"And the inquisition had changed little over time. Are you to tell me that if the situation arose again, something would have been done differently?"
"Yes."

"No, you do not understand. They had void influence because they where near events where it happened. Think of it this way. Do you remember that shell I fired at the Dead God? The one that made him recoil? Such a weapon leaves 'filth' behind. If one is to go near an area where it has gone off, the 'filth' effects them. The Golems are perfectly innocent in every way, in fact where likely the ones who fought the void."
"That is very interesting. I didn't know about that. Thanks for the tip."

"We have seen plenty of examples of killing themselves in mass. It happened in a small village near the coast, I remember investigating it myself. Do your followers lives mean so little to you?"
>Claims plenty of mass killings
>Gives singular example of a small village being part of one
>Claims our followers mean nothing to us
>Threatens to destroy literally millions of his own followers in revenge plot
"I'm not even going to dignify that with a response."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: December 04, 2014, 06:14:36 pm »

Sappira is silent for a moment.

"The Goldfather will honor the alliance. He says he is eager to meet you in battle and claim your shinies."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: December 04, 2014, 06:16:20 pm »

"Except I can't because they're disbanded."

"ISAY is the exact same thing. I am pretty sure it even has the exact same members."

"Yes."

"Lying to a God is a sin. Unless ordered to by another god, or you are lying to the god of lies. Or a bunch of other things. Point is, you are lying."
>Claims plenty of mass killings
>Gives singular example of a small village being part of one

>Claims he cares about his followers
>Dismisses small village being part of a mass killing

>Threatens to destroy literally millions of his own followers in revenge plot

"What makes you think any of my followers are going to be involved in combat? It was never my intention to use them."

"I'm not even going to dignify that with a response."

"There is absolutely nothing stopping Tykki from just killing you at the moment. Nothing."

"The Goldfather will honor the alliance. He says he is eager to meet you in battle and claim your shinies."

"Good. Remind him that if he comes to the real field of battle, I will be allowed to kill him under the rules of the fight, and will claim quite a lot for myself when I win."

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 475