Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616822 times)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T56: Con of More
« Reply #3870 on: December 06, 2014, 08:00:41 pm »

"Of course they joined you, you are there god! If I asked my followers to jump off a cliff and they did would I be able to say I was not guilty of their deaths. Also congradulations on being able to work together long enough to fight a threat to yourselves, not work together to do any real help for the mortals.

Fusil tried to kill the Yaosian angels because they were more ambitious than there god and very impolite to us gods. Which is a bit of a dangerous combination.

You talk of stopping a dangerous war with your alliance and sacrifices and yet there still was a devastating war that caused nothing but death and tore families apart.

Support countering the curse.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: December 06, 2014, 08:12:11 pm »

"In my angels' defence they did try to make peace with Fusil a few times to fight said common enemy. He refused all offers of peace."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: December 06, 2014, 08:17:55 pm »

I would hardly call that a win Fusil.
Half the essence of three? Tens of thousands less than 0? I would not say you beat me, if that is how you quantify winning.

"How else could I quantify it? All of my goals where met, so it was a victory."

And I am victorious because I stayed out of this bloody mess which was a waste of lives, time, and resources and can be entertained by all your (plural) foolishness.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: December 06, 2014, 08:24:12 pm »

"Ok but seriously guys, we need to deal with this dust cloud or a lot of people are gonna die.
I'd also like to advise that we stop bickering and arguing amongst each other because that gets us nowhere at best. The old rule of 'if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything it all' is a good one in this case. For example: thank you Darruth, Azem, Joha, and Serac for choosing to defend my angels when they were threatened."

Propose the prevention and destruction of the existence of permakill weapons.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: December 06, 2014, 08:41:13 pm »

"Fine...I would like to suggest we build a massive dome to keep the dust from spreading."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: December 06, 2014, 08:42:34 pm »

What?

No. I suggest we simply make the dust into a pile in the center of the crater, filling it back in, informing the Gruen there before we do so.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: December 06, 2014, 08:44:44 pm »

"Putting the dust back where it came from would mean displacing a great deal of Gruen, and the crater should remain there as a monument to the battle. We should just remove the dust from existence or teleport it into space/the sun, whichever's cheapest."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: December 06, 2014, 08:49:13 pm »

Or, perhaps, create a ring or set of rings with it, around the planet. It was a rather large amount of dust, after all...but perhaps there won't be enough for that.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: December 06, 2014, 08:53:47 pm »

"Oppose. I am against destroying weapons, and as we have seen before the Council rules prevent absolutely nothing."

"Lets just vaporize the dust. Remove it from creation. It is dust and we are gods, it would stand no chance."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: December 06, 2014, 09:03:09 pm »

Afraid I must oppose this. If we can just repeatedly revive anyone and everyone who dies, what point is there to have death in the first place?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: December 06, 2014, 09:10:06 pm »

Or, perhaps, create a ring or set of rings with it, around the planet. It was a rather large amount of dust, after all...but perhaps there won't be enough for that.
"That's an amazing idea. Perhaps we can empower them with magic to cause luck, sadness, joy, ect for the mortals."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: December 06, 2014, 09:12:42 pm »

"Oppose. I am against destroying weapons, and as we have seen before the Council rules prevent absolutely nothing."
"I understand your position on the destruction of weapons and I don't begrudge you for it, but what I'm proposing wouldn't be a Council Rule so much as a Council-enforced natural law."

A rule of thumb to keep in mind is that if it does something you want when you want it to, you can die from it.
Propose that we get rid of this arbitrary natural law.
Firing a gun will not kill you. Firing a bigger gun will not kill you. Firing the biggest gun will not kill you. This is because of how guns work. This law is preventing alchemy from being used the way it should be.
An alchemist should, with proper training and study, be able to harness the energy around him to perform alchemic tasks. This law preventing said alchemist from doing is the same as if someone had a chance of dying just by firing a powerful enough gun, or making a breakthrough in a scientific field would leave you comatose or something.
If a thing is going to kill you, it should do so for reasons that actually make sense. Mana burnout is fine. Chi burnout is fine. Dying simply because you did a 360 no-scope? Not fine.

"That's an amazing idea. Perhaps we can empower them with magic to cause luck, sadness, joy, ect for the mortals."
"I have an even better idea. What if the rings of dust could be made to slowly remove the existence of Void radiation from the planet?"
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 09:19:11 pm by Andres »

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: December 06, 2014, 10:34:01 pm »

Out in space where it can block sunlight and kill the life of the planet? Are you sure that's a great idea?
Retired/Extended Sigs

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T57: Shattering
« Reply #3883 on: December 06, 2014, 10:37:18 pm »

Tick 57: Shattering

Quéßäre has, through Ȩxum, commissioned a statue and church. The statue is nearly completed, and a church was already under construction.

The Merfolk have been propagated to 10 000 000. All of the members of the set of supporters defined by the union of the current supporters of the proposal and the creators of the Merfolk have proven lucky enough to evade payment thanks to the cooperation.

The main focus of this tick is a battle, the Second Crusade, conducted between an alliance comprised of Darruth, Vaal serving in Yaos' temporary absence, Joha, Neron, and Serac and Fusil. As is frequently the case with destructive wars, no clear winners emerge of these two combatants, although Fusil, the only leader of his side, died during a third party's intrusion beyond the scope of the agreement between the two groups. This intrusion forced total defeat for both sides and induced a general state of dustiness on Keshan. The Hooded Ducal Lich has made an appearance and added to this disruption by openly aggrieving both sides with little net effect. Dead after this battle are practically all of the non-god participants.

The destructive conclusion of the battle may have prevented a band of Gruen from being able to feast upon the remains, but another band has reached and begun settling the large crater where it took place.

Tykki's body notably disappeared after the battle. Fusil, Khaziraad, and Darruth have successfully recovered it.

Throughout the world, countless people engage in mourning for their lost friends and family members, their gods' followers cand creations, and the imminent famine. The day of the battle, Martyr's Day, is marked as holy by Darruth.

Azem curses the economies of every non-Dwarf non-Mountwyrm civilization! The supply level for many goods has declined, raising prices beyond what panic from the darkened skies has already caused. Darruth has attempted to protect followers of Goodness from the curse. Kli has, aided by Grauel, Joha, Khaziraad, and Neron,  attempted to maintain the economic balance from before with reasonable success, although the looming threat of the dust cover prevents complete recovery. Quéßäre attempts to protect the High Elves from the curse, cutting off all relations with the rest of the world by necessity. Fusil has explicitly declined to help even for the Armu and Seppo, who are hit just as hard.

Serac has granted the island turtles a powerful bioluminescent organ, allowing them to illuminate the darkened ocean.

The annoying music has abruptly stopped and then resumed again. This time, it seems to be an irritating love song.

(Yaos: Re Arbitrary natural law: Fiat no. The intended meaning, which I realize I muddled, isn't that you will lose something if you do something great. It just means that nothing is guaranteed to be free. Apologies for the confusion.)

This update's constellations are the Staff and Phoenix. The Slythan ice ring is prominent.

(Azem: -3E, Kli: -1E, Grauel: -1E, Joha: -1E, Serac: -1E, Khaziraad: -1E, Neron: -1E)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (10) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (10) (click to show/hide)

`
New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Storms, Strength, Travel, and Destruction
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 10:41:19 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: December 06, 2014, 10:42:03 pm »

I would like to create the Rose a sky feature on world 1 associated with lies, guilt, and broken hearts and the Horse on world 2 associated with duty, swords, and heroes.

"Feel free to be a critic."
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 475