Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617163 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T58: Terminal
« Reply #3960 on: December 08, 2014, 04:28:53 pm »

So just how many High Elves did you end up making? My records show that there are on the order of a few hundred.
They multiplied a lot over the years.
(It hasn't been years. A few months at most, probably weeks or even less. That's how fast Ticks go when there's a crisis.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: December 08, 2014, 04:30:39 pm »

They multiplied a lot over the years.

(You start out with ~300 from the first batch. I had assumed you made more in secret or something. Break that over two worlds (as I am assuming you did) and that is 150~ on each world. To get those numbers, they would have to have multiplied by ten. Using those numbers, there would be billions of humans, even more armu-seppo, and countless other races...)
(Wait, how many years have passed since the battle? They were only on Keshan, but I think I seriously overestimated the amount of time in a tick)

EDIT: Oh, okay. Sorry, I really overestimated that.

I shall send 150 High-Elves to secure the Capitol and prevent the disease where they can. You will take what I give, or I shall give no more.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:34:16 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3962 on: December 08, 2014, 04:32:36 pm »

(Probably just a month or two at most. When enough of you focus on small day-to-day details, time slows down. When enough of you focus on grand year-to-year or century-to-century things, time speeds up.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: December 08, 2014, 04:37:40 pm »

(Even if it was 2 centeries, the fact that they are immortal probably means their breeding is very slow. You could wait fifty ticks without getting that many, unless you boost their number directly.

Also: Holy cow! That means that 25% of humanity was wiped out in under two months!)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: December 08, 2014, 04:44:48 pm »

(I cannot believe I forgot about this)
Propose the disease be destroyed
Propose that Humans become immune to disease
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: December 08, 2014, 04:46:39 pm »

(Even if it was 2 centeries, the fact that they are immortal probably means their breeding is very slow. You could wait fifty ticks without getting that many, unless you boost their number directly.

Also: Holy cow! That means that 25% of humanity was wiped out in under two months!)
(Well, at first they'd breed quickly to reach a safe number and build themselves up, but I grossly overestimated that. Whoever started this plague must be put to death.)

I second the proposal for destroying the plague.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: December 08, 2014, 04:49:17 pm »

A fashionably dressed purple scaled Mountwyrm beams brightly at the Council.

"Greetings esteemed divinities. I am Amathet, newly appointed representative of the Goldfather. He'd be here himself, but he err, has important matters to attend to."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: December 08, 2014, 04:53:05 pm »

"I've just been going over Council records and it turns out that Cim's staff is made of Void stuff. Propose that Cim's staff be destroyed."
"The closest thing to a staff I have is the Warden's Crook, Vartija's primary 'weapon', which is an originally mundane herder's crook powered by Belief made permanent with a bit of Essence. Could you share the exact record? I don't see how it would be possible for the Void to have anything to do with it."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: December 08, 2014, 04:58:04 pm »

"Could you share the exact record? I don't see how it would be possible for the Void to have anything to do with it."
[/quote]
First, a silvery flowing humanoid with a book and spear and a colorful bubble of Void-stuff resolving into an inverted triangle and spade.
(I'm going to be honest, I have no idea what made me think it was in staff form.)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: December 08, 2014, 05:02:54 pm »

"I have an idea. Why don't we all invest in the moons. Much better than these silly planets. No deadly dust! And no curse of an angry dragon-god. He's really stubborn about that you know, no matter what we say to him."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: December 08, 2014, 05:07:15 pm »

"I have an idea. Why don't we all invest in the moons."
"The last time I tried doing that Grauel sicked a giant Essence space dead god dragon on my capital, killing the souls of hundreds of thousands. So no."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: December 08, 2014, 05:09:08 pm »

First, a silvery flowing humanoid with a book and spear and a colorful bubble of Void-stuff resolving into an inverted triangle and spade.
"One, that snippet depicts Varee, not me, being made from Void-stuff; two, all elder Gods formed from the Void along with the Bubble we reside. Of the younger Gods, I can't say with complete certainty. Still, that fact serves to advocate the Void, as we are a part of it. One of my still-plausible hypotheses in Void theory is that Essence is simply a more refined, less primordial form of Void energy."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: December 08, 2014, 05:12:59 pm »

"Right. Forget I said anything."

Amathet's beaming smile twitches.

"For all our sakes, no one have an argument about the Void. You know what it does to his nerves. You know this."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: December 08, 2014, 05:17:16 pm »

"According to the rest of the text, the gods formed inside the void - lowercase 'v' - which signifies that they were indeed born inside the Bubble, but nothing was in the Bubble yet so it was a void, but it wasn't the Void."
Ten figures begin emerging inside this stable pocket in the void.
"Notice how 'void' is spelt in lowercase, and also notice how the ten figures are described as emerging inside the stable pocket - the Bubble. The gods formed from the Bubble - not the Void, but Varee (as you've so kindly explained) has had a direct connection to the Void from the start."

"For all our sakes, no one have an argument about the Void. You know what it does to his nerves. You know this."
"We actually don't know this. I don't remember a single time where he's gotten angry about Void-talk, specifically, just whenever we started arguing a lot (and he's not even here right now ;)). Besides, we're just having a polite and non-intense conversation about theology...... Does the idea of gods discussing theology sound weird to anyone else or is it just me?"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: December 08, 2014, 05:21:33 pm »

"We actually don't know this. I don't remember a single time where he's gotten angry about Void-talk, specifically, just whenever we started arguing a lot (and he's not even here right now ;)). Besides, we're just having a polite and non-intense conversation about theology...... Does the idea of gods discussing theology sound weird to anyone else or is it just me?"

I doubt anyone is as much of an expert in the field as we, so no not realy. Just few proffesionals talking abaut their jobs.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 475